Princess Plus Package

AliceS

Posted (edited)

Was just on Island Princess and had the Plus Package.   The beverage portion is good, gratuities were included….very good, the casual dining ?????…..was used to Alfredo’s being included.   Been elite for many years and was used to having wifi included, but…it was OK.  

OK…..now…..the 2 speciality desserts are ridiculous.   I could never eat one of those during the entire cruise and 2 fitness classes?   Keep it.

The need to give some choices here.   We gave the ice cream to a few kids and never even checked out the fitness classes….2 a day!?!?!   Guess if you eat those ice cream things…..you need the classes.   

Edited by AliceS
Tried to add a photo? Not good at that.
  • Haha 4

You don't have to have the speciality desserts, you can just order the gelato. Very nice it is too, much nicer than the ice cream in Swirls.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Boku said:

You don't have to have the speciality desserts, you can just order the gelato. Very nice it is too, much nicer than the ice cream in Swirls.

Some of the Royal Class ship with the Gelateria allow substitution of Sundae/Premium dessert for any Gelato scoops, but my experience on Emerald last year asking for Gelato that was in case by International cafe their answer was No, there is a charge, even if you have Plus or Premier package, YMMV.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, AliceS said:

2 a day is a bit much.   Did you see those big ice cream things?   Yikes!

I was on the 6/25 cruise.  I had the Plus Package...and didn't bother with those desserts.  At Swirls they put 2 regular hard scoops in a cup with sprinkles and sauce.  I think they were available to everyone.  They also had milkshakes...for the Plus package.

Those desserts are Marketing 101 as are other things included with the Plus Package.  Find me someone who ordered and ATE 2 of those a day????

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, wallyj said:

Some of the Royal Class ship with the Gelateria allow substitution of Sundae/Premium dessert for any Gelato scoops, but my experience on Emerald last year asking for Gelato that was in case by International cafe their answer was No, there is a charge, even if you have Plus or Premier package, YMMV.

Last May on the Sky Princess they were happy to let us just have a couple of scoops of the gelato instead of the speciality desserts. I wasn't aware that this wasn't something that all the ships did.

• Like 1

You can have a  miniature shot of Baileys and other liquors in those desserts , makes them more palatable 😆.  We did meet a lady on Sky Princess last year , 24 nights , she WAS having at least one a day . Every time we were going in to early dinner there she was having one , we became friends , lovely lady , she is the size of Princess Catherine so can get away with having those desserts 😆

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

For the desserts, you can also have a slice of the ginormous cakes.

I did try that....black Forrest.  I had half a slice, and that was way too much. A woman next to me had another kind of cake....and 2 or 3 bites were enuf for her.

Really....people are better off with the normal desserts....normal sized desserts.

7 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Find me someone who ordered and ATE 2 of those a day????

We're on Crown Princess in December and have the plus package... I don't know if I could eat one of those big deserts a day, but I'm willing to give it a try! 😁

• Like 4

10 hours ago, AliceS said:

The need to give some choices here.   We gave the ice cream to a few kids and never even checked out the fitness classes….2 a day!?!?!   Guess if you eat those ice cream things…..you need the classes.

Plus includes 2 fitness classes per cruise, not per day. 

We like taking the classes to remain healthy, not burn off calories. 

I have an allergy to Gyms, so I will pass on the fitness classes.

I prefer to exercise by raising Peroni beer bottles to my mouth. That should burn off some calories so I can have a big dessert as a treat to myself!

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

I'm sailing on the Ruby Princess soon and still confused about what food and drink is included with the Plus package. Gastro Pub? Specialty coffee? Room service? I read on another forum that some dining room options have an upcharge and aren't included in the package. Is that true?

Why does Princess have to make it so difficult to understand? I don't mind asking but I want my child to know before we go so she doesn't run up a huge charge or get upset. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, darnheather said:

I'm sailing on the Ruby Princess soon and still confused about what food and drink is included with the Plus package. Gastro Pub? Specialty coffee? Room service? I read on another forum that some dining room options have an upcharge and aren't included in the package. Is that true?

Why does Princess have to make it so difficult to understand? I don't mind asking but I want my child to know before we go so she doesn't run up a huge charge or get upset. 

Gastropub is a casual venue plus package holders get 2 meals per cruise additional ones cost $14,95. Specialty coffee is free for people with the plus package. Room service is free for plus but some items may have a surcharge. MDR there are a few entrees you can order for an up charge which is clearly marked on the menu basically they are items like specialty steaks etc

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, memoak said:

Gastropub is a casual venue plus package holders get 2 meals per cruise additional ones cost $14,95. Specialty coffee is free for people with the plus package. Room service is free for plus but some items may have a surcharge. MDR there are a few entrees you can order for an up charge which is clearly marked on the menu basically they are items like specialty steaks etc

Gastropub is in the ranks of the fancier venues? 

6 minutes ago, darnheather said:

Gastropub is a "casual" dining venue. It is not one of the specialty venues. With the Plus Package, you get two casual dining meals, but no specialty dining meals.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Gastropub is a "casual" dining venue. It is not one of the specialty venues. With the Plus Package, you get two casual dining meals, but no specialty dining meals.

I did when I signed up last year. Did they change the package rules?

37 minutes ago, darnheather said:

No it is a casual venue attached to the Wheelhouse bar.  Not a specialty restaurant like Crown Grill or Sabatini’s 

23 minutes ago, darnheather said:

I did when I signed up last year. Did they change the package rules?

Not sure what change you are referring to

Posted (edited)
On 7/16/2024 at 12:00 PM, MsTabbyKats said:

I was on the 6/25 cruise.  I had the Plus Package...and didn't bother with those desserts.  At Swirls they put 2 regular hard scoops in a cup with sprinkles and sauce.  I think they were available to everyone.  They also had milkshakes...for the Plus package.

Those desserts are Marketing 101 as are other things included with the Plus Package.  Find me someone who ordered and ATE 2 of those a day????

I have!  I make use of the exercise classes and the gelato sundaes.

I indulged in the gelato even before premier packages existed (one per day).  But now, I sometimes have two.  

I'm a distance runner and look quite malnourished, so people look shocked when they see me putting it away!

I had a woman be very rude to me on Discovery last year, I tried the cake instead of the gelato (it wasn't worth it, their cakes are a bit tasteless).  Anyway the woman's daughter (about 7 or 😎😎was entranced by my cake.  The woman made some really nasty and loud comments about my poor diet as she dragged her child away.  She was quite portly and probably outweighed me by at least 150 pounds!!!

It upset her greatly to see a skinny person chowing down on cake.  She actually told me that I had no business eating such unless it happened to be my birthday!span widget

Edited by Its the journey
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, darnheather said:

Have you looked on the Princess website? The info you are looking for is there.

Edited by Boku

12 hours ago, memoak said:

Room service is "free" if you use the app. Apparently, there is a $5 charge, if you use the room phone to call for room service.