Wrist Bands

28 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

A single card is a lot less bulky than a phone and they are waterproof..I doubt Celebrity wants to mess with Apple Pay either..

They already partially use the technology. You can add your Xpress Pass to your Apple Wallet and they have tap to pay readers all over the ships. 

20 hours ago, doghog said:

Celebrity needs to follow Princess lead and switch over to medallions. 

It would be easier if they followed the same platform that Royal Caribbean uses with the wristbands. 

12 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

If you want strictly wristband, sail on Virgin Voyages

FAEDEE27-1904-43BD-A5B7-52162A5144CB.jpeg

That looks annoying and bulky to wear. The rubber wristband that Royal Caribbean uses is light and sleek.

Just now, Iamcruzin said:

That looks annoying and bulky to wear. The rubber wristband that Royal Caribbean uses is light and sleek.

When did Royal start using a wristband? I was on Anthem in February and there were no wristbands then.

2 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

When did Royal start using a wristband? I was on Anthem in February and there were no wristbands then.

They first attempted it in 2018ish, discontinued them for a while due to numerous issues, now they are available again for the past year or more. They aren’t available on all ships. 

1 minute ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I was last on Royal Caribbean in 2019 on Anthem.  They sold them for $4.99 on embarkation day. It wasn't something they gave away like the Princess Medallion. You still had the card it wasn't a replacement. It was offered as a convenience which I liked to use while on the ship. I always got stuck carrying my wife's card because she never had pockets and refused to wear a lanyard on vacation. This solved the problem.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Or we could be more welcoming

I’m not against them, I just don’t have to have one..I have sailed Yacht Club on MSC, and I didn’t see any real benefit vs a card..

Most of the time, once a bartender gets to know me by day 2, a room number is all they need..

I have always needed a card to get on and off the ship, back into ports etc..

Edited by PTC DAWG

2 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

They already partially use the technology. You can add your Xpress Pass to your Apple Wallet and they have tap to pay readers all over the ships. 

I don’t guess I’ve noticed those..what are paying for at the readers? 

I knew about the express pass..I just let the Wife have both on her phone, mine is strictly a back up..

4 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I’m not against them, I just don’t have to have one..I have sailed Yacht Club on MSC, and I didn’t see any real benefit vs a card..

Most of the time, once a bartender gets to know me by day 2, a room number is all they need..

I have always needed a card to get on and off the ship, back into ports etc..

Never done MSC, and have only done one suite sailing which was on NCL.  The person I quoted normally has good posts yet this one was pretty pointless

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Never done MSC, and have only done one suite sailing which was on NCL.  The person I quoted normally has good posts yet this one was pretty pointless

Agree about the post, it was pretty harsh. 

46 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I don’t guess I’ve noticed those..what are paying for at the readers? 

I knew about the express pass..I just let the Wife have both on her phone, mine is strictly a back up..

Any time they take your card and tap to charge your seapass, that would be done by your watch (just like what is done with the RC WoW bands). They have the technology. They just haven't bought in yet. Their readers do seem a little slow to read so they could probably use an upgrade on that front. 

25 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Any time they take your card and tap to charge your seapass, that would be done by your watch (just like what is done with the RC WoW bands). They have the technology. They just haven't bought in yet. Their readers do seem a little slow to read so they could probably use an upgrade on that front. 

Now I know what your talking about, at the bars etc…

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

It would be easier if they followed the same platform that Royal Caribbean uses with the wristbands. 

Not fleetwide. Only the newer bigger RC ships use the WOW band technology.

Edited by doghog

22 hours ago, canderson said:

Popped up?  Used to have name and cruise departure date printed on the face.  Did that change?

No. Still the same small font also with the ships name. Smaller font than Celebrity's Seapass cards that show passenger name, ship, sail date and tier level.

20 hours ago, bikerunner said:

If people want wristbands drink cards etc go freaking sail on those lines that offer them.   

We don't do wristbands or lanyards. 

1 hour ago, doghog said:

We don't do wristbands or lanyards. 

I have pockets, be it my swimsuit or evening golf slacks, I like saying golf slacks. 🙂

I need room for my card and some cash…

2 hours ago, doghog said:

Not fleetwide. Only the newer bigger RC ships use the WOW band technology.

Even so it would be more beneficial to use a system that is already in use by RCCL on Celebrity than to use a platform that is set up on Princess. However, if the WOW bands aren't fleet wide than they probably wouldn't be rolling it out to Celebrity.  I prefer the band because I often just step out into the hall without the card and lock myself out.

2 hours ago, doghog said:

No. Still the same small font also with the ships name. Smaller font than Celebrity's Seapass cards that show passenger name, ship, sail date and tier level.

But I'm not expected to 'wear' my Seapass card.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, canderson said:

But I'm not expected to 'wear' my Seapass card.

I'm not aware of any cruise lines that use a wearable that require you to wear it. People use them by choice.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Even so it would be more beneficial to use a system that is already in use by RCCL on Celebrity than to use a platform that is set up on Princess. However, if the WOW bands aren't fleet wide than they probably wouldn't be rolling it out to Celebrity.  I prefer the band because I often just step out into the hall without the card and lock myself out.

Doesn't really matter to me what the cruise lines use. I was only throwing out the medallions as we liked them. Prior to using them I was skeptical. During the cruise we liked having them and we didn't even come close to using them for everything.  Just for the record I have no issues with the Seapass card. I always carry mine in my pocket and never forget to take it or have lost it. Now I have been given someone else's Seapass card and vice versa before.

On 7/22/2024 at 9:55 AM, Iamcruzin said:

not sleek enough when wearing a diamond bracelet or watch..and probably annoying as it catches on things. 

Our grandson got one for the tall slide at summer camp after he passed  the deep water test!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hcat said:

not sleek enough when wearing a diamond bracelet or watch..and probably annoying as it catches on things. 

Our grandson got one for the tall slide at summer camp after he passed  the deep water test!

Are you saying that your diamond bracelet and watch don't catch on to things but the flat rubber wrist band does? I didn't have that problem with the band.