Can put a different pod in the Lavazza......

Hello, 1st time being in a CLS. I'm curious can you pick with your contact about the coffee pod flavors in your cabin? They are just cafe and decaf.

Has anyone tried different pods In the machine? I was thinking I might pack a few Dunks. Vanilla!

Is there any stevia onboard, or I should pack some?

Not sure about the fit of the pods in their machines.

We were in a CLS on Symphony this year- no Stevia in the suite or on board.  I took my own.

2 hours ago, Justmekaren918 said:

Hello, 1st time being in a CLS. I'm curious can you pick with your contact about the coffee pod flavors in your cabin? They are just cafe and decaf.

Has anyone tried different pods In the machine? I was thinking I might pack a few Dunks. Vanilla!

If you can find Lavazza Dunkin pods, bring them, but a K-cup will not fit in those machines.  Nespresso pods won't either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Justmekaren918 said:

Im a big Dunkin guy myself but I love me some Lavazza while in the Suites!!  Always a nice change.

• Like 1

Lavazza pods for the machines are like short(2/3 height?) K-cups size. The machines seem to only fit their pods.  Lavazza sells coffee in a number of different size pods. Available in Suites and Junior Suites.

So what flavors do they have onboard? I know I can bring anything that fits but it would be wasteful to buy something and then find out that it is already provided. I mean even regular coffee could be light, medium, or dark roast. I have never been in a suite, so curious what is there already.

10 minutes ago, scubaslayer said:

So what flavors do they have onboard? I know I can bring anything that fits but it would be wasteful to buy something and then find out that it is already provided. I mean even regular coffee could be light, medium, or dark roast. I have never been in a suite, so curious what is there already.

Lots of pictures in this forum of the pods.  These are the ones we had, though this is someone else's picture.

lava.jpg.2db77f3cf718b97b26e8e539719797cd.jpg

• Like 2

I wasn't sure if additional flavors were available on request? Also having trouble reading the blue and there is more than one blue flavor when I search google. Of course after seeing reviews of how loud it is, we may just have a standing morning SB order for our Genie or get out of bed like we normally do and get our own coffee.

11 minutes ago, scubaslayer said:

I wasn't sure if additional flavors were available on request? Also having trouble reading the blue and there is more than one blue flavor when I search google. Of course after seeing reviews of how loud it is, we may just have a standing morning SB order for our Genie or get out of bed like we normally do and get our own coffee.

The blue is dek, for decaf.  I have never seen any other options than those two pods on our cruises in suites.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I have seen cards placed by the machine where you can purchase different flavored pods.  
If you look at the pic posted above, you’ll see the card standing up to select the flavored pods for $1.50 each. 
I usually just use the Crema pod and run it through twice for a good cup of coffee. 

Edited by HicksRA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, scubaslayer said:

After a few years of cruising, I've never seen any other pods than the ones shown in the picture.  One regular, one decaf.  If you want different flavors or kinds of bean, you need to bring them yourself.

BTW, the charge for extra pods also went away many years ago- before we encountered one of these machines on the ship.  We've always been able to get as many as we need.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

The charge on the card is for the flavored pods. They’ve never charged for extra regular pods.  

What flavored pods?  People keep talking about them, and in the many cruises we have taken since the machines have been introduced, I've not once seen flavored pods.  Let alone that menu to suggest that there are either flavored pods or a charge for them.

If you want to count on those, don't be sad if they are not there.

1 minute ago, alfaeric said:

What flavored pods?  People keep talking about them, and in the many cruises we have taken since the machines have been introduced, I've not once seen flavored pods.  Let alone that menu to suggest that there are either flavored pods or a charge for them.

If you want to count on those, don't be sad if they are not there.

Did you ever take a look at the card?  One side tells how to use the machine and the other side has the menu to order the flavored pods. 
Look at the pic above. 

1 hour ago, neverbeenhere said:

To tell the truth, for the last five or so cruises, I just unplug the thing and put it and the tray of items into a closet. I head straight to the Crown or Suite Lounge for my coffee.

Ditto, the machine is big and bulky and the product produced is not very good. 

1 hour ago, HicksRA said:

Did you ever take a look at the card?  One side tells how to use the machine and the other side has the menu to order the flavored pods. 
Look at the pic above. 

Like I said, I’ve not seen that card. We’ve been on 15 cruises since the restart, almost all in a JS, and none had the card. 

9 hours ago, Justmekaren918 said:

Search for Lavazza Blue capsules. Those are the size that are compatible with the onboard machines. 

• Like 1

As noted above ... Lavazza Blue is the type of machine.  I bought one for home after our last cruise for a bit of morning nostalgia.  I've only purchased the pods from Amazon.  I've noticed different roasts and decaf, but nothing specifically flavored.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, alfaeric said:

don't be sad if they are not there.

No, just ask your steward about other pods.  Don't understand why people don't use the other option at their disposal....JUST ASK.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, silentbob007 said:

As noted above ... Lavazza Blue is the type of machine.  I bought one for home after our last cruise for a bit of morning nostalgia.  I've only purchased the pods from Amazon.  I've noticed different roasts and decaf, but nothing specifically flavored.

Yes Lavazza Blue capsules required.  But limited in selection (no flavors) and pretty expensive IMO.  The Lavazza site has them too.