C/A Internet Benefit Sharing

My wife and I each get two free days of internet.  We will be in a OS on Oasis and so will be getting free internet.  My adult child, who is also D+, will be in a balcony.  Is there a way he can use our four days of free internet so as to get 6 days of free internet? I would think I could simply create a login/password that he could log into to use our four days? As a separate question, is the internet somehow linked to a specific room?  For example, if I had ordered a 3 device plan, can it be shared across different reservations/rooms?  Obviously, only 3 devices could be on at one time.  I would think yes to all of the above, but have never tried.

7 minutes ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

My wife and I each get two free days of internet.  We will be in a OS on Oasis and so will be getting free internet.  My adult child, who is also D+, will be in a balcony.  Is there a way he can use our four days of free internet so as to get 6 days of free internet? I would think I could simply create a login/password that he could log into to use our four days? As a separate question, is the internet somehow linked to a specific room?  For example, if I had ordered a 3 device plan, can it be shared across different reservations/rooms?  Obviously, only 3 devices could be on at one time.  I would think yes to all of the above, but have never tried.

You can share your free days with anyone; I just did this on HOTS; a quick visit to the VOOM desk on the promenade took care of it. 

Purchased internet can be shared in any way you deem necessary 

Each of your 2 days would be separate, not 4 days you can combine. But yes you each can give him 2 days by signing in and giving him the access. Each of you would show a credit and click to buy for the amount t of the credit basically, can be more or less depending on daily rate. I always have about $6 of left over credit or I buy a extra day. 

Just go to the Voom desk and tell them you want to release your D+ days.  They'll do something with your account so that when you log in for the first time (after it being released) it'll let you pick your current internet account or create a new account to use your benefit days. Then once you do that, anyone can log in with that 2nd account.

You actually get 2 24 hour periods. We use our 4 spread out over the cruise. To use it you create a login by entering the first name, cabin number and year of birth. I’ve never needed to go to the voom desk, the system doesn’t care who is actually using it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Iamthesea said:

Is there any certain day that the "free" Internet can be used?  Or can it be used on any day one chooses?  I assume once you sign-in, the 48 hours start. 

You go through the motions of purchasing the pass.  The system will see your status and apply a discount to offset the cost of a 24 hour pass for D or two 24 hour passes for D+.

The clock starts when you first purchase one of the 24 hour passes at zero cost. 

If you start at 12:00 noon on day 2 it last until 11:59 am on day 3.  This way you can spread a 24 hour pass to sort of cover two days. 

Each 24 hour pass is used independently.  

4 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

Is there any certain day that the "free" Internet can be used?

The perk is actually a fixed $ amount based on the cost of the 24 hour package on that ship. You can use that $ any way you want at any time you want. 

On 7/25/2024 at 2:43 PM, twangster said:

You go through the motions of purchasing the pass.  The system will see your status and apply a discount to offset the cost of a 24 hour pass for D or two 24 hour passes for D+.

The clock starts when you first purchase one of the 24 hour passes at zero cost. 

If you start at 12:00 noon on day 2 it last until 11:59 am on day 3.  This way you can spread a 24 hour pass to sort of cover two days. 

Each 24 hour pass is used independently.  

Great tip!!!   Between DH and I, we can cover 4 days.