Allure vs. Liberty please help me decide

Can yall help me decide on Allure and Liberty at christmas time.  My friend's kids are 6, 8, 10 yrs. old. She doesn't want the kids to have a good time as well as adults of course, I've been on the Allure and not on Liberty.  I know Liberty has tube waterslides that would be fun, but the shows are exciting on Allure, can yall help her decide?  thanks in advance, Joy

So much more to do on an Oasis class ship than the Liberty. The only reason I would choose the Liberty is if you want a low key experience with less people 

• Like 1

I haven't been on Allure but on Liberty twice, including a Christmas cruise with those ages. My kids loved the slides and everything else Liberty had to offer. Have the kids cruised before? If they don't know about aquashows and the Boardwalk, they won't miss them but if they have cruised on a bigger ship or don't care for waterslides go with Allure. Personally I would put it down to ports and what the temps will be like, and prices. I took my teens on Harmony and they liked the extras but also said they missed Liberty. You really can't go wrong with either choice. Freedom class is still a lot of fun and my kids lived for the waterslides and splashaway bay (which I believe is on both). My kids hated the idea of the kids club (this is a them thing) and so they hungout with us the entire time. On Liberty I was able to lounge by the kid area and read. I never did find a good place for that on Harmony but it was a summer cruise.

I prefer oasis class , harmony has a better play grease vs Saturday night fever, also aqua show. But if you are looking for less people Liberty is a nice ship .

If the kids want waterslides then unfortunately they won't get those on Allure.  If it were any other Oasis Class ship then it wouldn't be an issue.  Since you've already been on Allure I'd say give Liberty a try.  It's not like it's a Vision Class ship, there is plenty for the kids to do on there and adults as well.

One question since you didn't say, this Christmas or next year? Allure will be amplified I believe in the spring, meaning waterslides and other amenities added. In that case it depends on how big you want to go, price, and ports. I still think elementary kids will have a blast on either and at the holidays, they won't be bored.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, George C said:

I prefer oasis class , harmony has a better play grease vs Saturday night fever, also aqua show. But if you are looking for less people Liberty is a nice ship .

The ship in question is Allure, which has Mama Mia.

4 hours ago, hollon said:

Can yall help me decide on Allure and Liberty at christmas time.  My friend's kids are 6, 8, 10 yrs. old. She doesn't want the kids to have a good time

Why does your friend not want her kids to have a good time? Sort of confused by the question. 

• Haha 2

WE cut our teeth on Liberty, I still have a poem on her and love her, but I'm strictly an Oasis fan now...too much to do!  Allure or Symphony are my favorites.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Why does your friend not want her kids to have a good time? Sort of confused by the question. 

Yeah, maybe they should be looking at Vision class ships. I don't think they will achieve their goals on F or O class ships.

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I'm sorry, I probably wrote that wrong.  Of course my friend wants her kids to have fun. This cruise is basically for the kids and she wants them to have a good time and not be bored (yes, theyre young and happy with any trip), I realize both ships are great. She's just asking which ship would be more fun for the kids and themselves so they have plenty to do.  

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yeah, maybe they should be looking at Vision class ships. I don't think they will achieve their goals on F or O class ships.

again, sorry I totally wrote that wrong - looking for a ship to entertain the kids so they will enjoy it and everyone has something to do. They don't want a vision class - they need activities

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

sorry again, I didn't realize what i wrote, they need entertainment and not be bored, theyve never cruised before and I want to direct them to the right ship, as I haven't been on Liberty, but have been on Oasis class and loved it. 

Honestly, for the kids- Liberty would be more fun since Allure hasn't been updated and has no water slides (Liberty is the only ship with the really cool dual rider tube slide.  If this is NEXT Christmas, then Allure may be amped and have the slides by then. 

9 hours ago, Southern Dan said:

I’m thinking it was a typo…at least thats what I got after reading the original post a few times lol

thank you for realizing it was a typo, no mom wants her kids to be unhappy

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, hollon said:

again, sorry I totally wrote that wrong - looking for a ship to entertain the kids so they will enjoy it and everyone has something to do. They don't want a vision class - they need activities

I know it was a mistake. I was just joking.

You will enjoy either- However, IMO the Allure is a ship that has more to offer.  The ship is newer and the amenities, entertainment and food options are better.  However, kids will love either and it would depend on your budget.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, mets123 said:

So much more to do on an Oasis class ship than the Liberty. The only reason I would choose the Liberty is if you want a low key experience with less people 

Agreed. Allure has more options for everyone. I think you'll need to consider the itinerary as well.

Edited by NoShoes2
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Both great ships, but Allure is "Wow". Entertainment is better and although no waterslides if you are going this Christmas, it has a fun splash area and donut pool for little ones. Allure was the first ship we took our kids on. At the time they had DreamWorks characters all around, which was so much fun but unfortunately they aren't around anymore. Unless slides are a priority (which may be too big for the kids ages) I'd go for Allure. However, you can't go wrong on either one. 

P.S. I don't remember if Liberty has the younger slide area as well. 

Edited by LuCruise

4 hours ago, hollon said:

I'm sorry, I probably wrote that wrong.  Of course my friend wants her kids to have fun. This cruise is basically for the kids and she wants them to have a good time and not be bored (yes, theyre young and happy with any trip), I realize both ships are great. She's just asking which ship would be more fun for the kids and themselves so they have plenty to do.  

I was pretty sure that was a typo, but it was funny when I first read it. I think Allure is the obvious choice with one big caveat. If the kids are big water slide fans, Liberty might be the better choice. In my opinion Liberty has the third best slides on any RCI ship, behind Icon and Navigator. 

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Which happens to be awesome.

I have not sailed on Allure (maybe the Feb. TA), but have seem Mama Mia on the first revenue sailing of Quantum (Southampton to Cape Liberty TA).  Is Mama Mia on Allure still the long version with an intermission?