Does a princess allow disembarkation at earlier ports ?

Has anyone on the princess boards ever disembarked at an earlier port, something called a route deviation or sector change. . .  I am booked on the Regal April 28, 2005, and the last port of call on May 8 is Le Havre , France.  Would I be allowed to disembark there , take a transport to Paris and do post cruise in Paris for a few Days.  If any have on the boards have  done anything like this, let me know your experiences, was it a major hassle to get this approval etc ?  I know the risk involved is what if Le Havre port might be cancelled. But other than that risk, is it doable. 

When we did a TA Southampton to NYC we applied a request in writing prior to sail date to disembark in Boston. It was costly but would save us going to NYC (which I love sailing into) then back to Boston. Forget why but they changed just before final and weren't going to the Boston port so we just stayed until the end. It's been a while but I remember TA got us the formal request forms.

Re: 2025?

On my second British Isles cruise several planned to do what you are asking, got permission but rough seas and we did not go to France.

46 minutes ago, Moxiefurball said:

Has anyone on the princess boards ever disembarked at an earlier port, something called a route deviation or sector change. . .  I am booked on the Regal April 28, 2005, and the last port of call on May 8 is Le Havre , France.  Would I be allowed to disembark there , take a transport to Paris and do post cruise in Paris for a few Days.  If any have on the boards have  done anything like this, let me know your experiences, was it a major hassle to get this approval etc ?  I know the risk involved is what if Le Havre port might be cancelled. But other than that risk, is it doable. 

This is called a "route deviation".  You need to contact Princess in order to get the ball rolling on doing this.  You may or may not be allowed to do so.  As @Shippy says, it comes down to Customs procedures.  A couple that we travel with did this on a different cruise line in Europe (Split, Croatia).  You also have to contact guest services shortly after embarkation so that special arrangements can be made.

I have read on these boards that others have done just what you are thinking about. You have to apply for and receive a route deviation in writing from Princess. You will also have to arrange transport from leHarve to Paris which is a 3 hour trip. If for some reason the ship misses the port then, of course, you will have to disembark in Southampton.

I am booked on the Oktoberfest Princess cruise in September. In June I filled out the request for disembarking in Le Havre to spend a few days in Paris. In July I reached out to my princess cruise consultant with no response. I called Princess directly and was told I would receive notification within 48 hours. What I did receive was a copy of my itinerary. I am nervous to book activities in Paris without confirmation. Any advice on what I should do now? 

I am not questioning any of the replies here, just sharing personal experience. When my daughter and her husband did something similar in Florence - leaving there instead of their final stop in Rome the next day it was really quite easy and no fuss. 

They called Princess in advance and were told it would not be a problem. They were informed the request was noted on their booking and to check in with Guest Services on embarkation to get instructions for their early departure. They never got anything in writing. 

When they boarded they checked with Guest Services who had the information and gave them details on what to expect for disembarking in Florence. They were doing walk off, so didn’t need help with luggage which made it easier. It was really not a big deal and they weren’t the only ones leaving with luggage that day. 

Also, when we were in Le Havre, we observed quite a few passengers leaving with luggage while we were outside waiting for our Normandy tour. I think these requests are pretty common and not that difficult to manage. .