🦙Live from Utopia 🦙- Sailing with Daryl 🦙8/2-8/5 🏰with bonus feature of a week at Disney Parks post cruise🏰

Disney Summary Final chapter…

Would I go back to Disney?   As they say “Never say Never”, but at this point I don’t think so.  If we return to any parks, it would probably be Universal Studios.  That one was so much easier.  

The cruise and the parks were a great way to wrap up our Summer of Fun 4.0, but I am sure we will be moving on to new adventures and experiences.  

Thanks to everyone for following along.  Safe travels to all from Daryl’s Crew. 

IMG_2164.thumb.jpeg.449bf2b5633ab8e86ce4ea6333cf9f6e.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 11

Loved following along on both parts of your trip! Makes me want to take the kids to WDW again soon. The new system seems very daunting to me! It's a learning curve for sure.

The cruise looks fun- but I agree, the sailing needs to be for one week.  Too big of a ship with such fun things to do!  Thanks for the great tips and ideas.

• Like 3

Mark, I have really enjoyed following along on your very well written and insightful review, both of Utopia (we’re on in January) and WDW, where we go on a regular basis. 

I’ve definitely made some notes that will help us to get the most that we can out of what I know will be a way too short for days on Utopia. I am a planner, but I think you and a few others here have me beat. I’ll do my best to keep up.

Your Disney planning section is outstanding! While you spent some money on the various ride reservation systems currently in place you seem to have a much better understanding of how to make the system work for you to get the most out of your time at the resort than pretty much anyone else I’ve seen, and your summary of how the system works was excellent. Once again I was taking notes not so much for myself but for friends and family when they’re in town and want to get the most out of their Disney visit. 

Thank you to you and of course, Daryl for sharing your insights and planning tips with us.

• Like 6

Great review Mark! Tell Daryl he did a great job too. I echo what you and @Ocean Boy had said about not going back. Thank goodness our family experienced Disney 5 times. Now that he is an adult and hearing stories of how expensive it is now and only being able to ride a couple of rides if you don’t have the more expensive ticket plans makes it no go for me. It’s too bad because I love the experience but they have gotten too crowded and too expensive .

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Outstanding Live review Mark!  You made some great memories for your grand kids. I’ve asked this before but…will you adopt me?  😁

🤣🤣. I think Daryl already beat you to it.  The grandkids are already talking about a cruise instead of Myrtle Beach next summer.  They were disappointed that Star doesn’t sail till after the school year starts next fall.  I am sure Daryl will be along wherever we go.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Would I go back to Disney?   As they say “Never say Never”, but at this point I don’t think so.  If we return to any parks, it would probably be Universal Studios.  That one was so much easier

I was talking to my husband this morning about your trip. We started reminiscing about our last trip, which was in February last year. We did pretty much the same thing that you did- that is, resign ourselves to spending a lot of money! We own DVC at the Boardwalk, so we tend to stay there.

I asked Chris whether he found the trip relaxing. I am the planner, he trusts me to get it right. He had a great time, because I had taken care of pretty much everything! 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

I asked Chris whether he found the trip relaxing. I am the planner, he trusts me to get it right. He had a great time, because I had taken care of pretty much everything! 

My wife said my planning made it so much easier.  For her, and our grandson, that is.  

I had mistakenly thought we would stay at the parks all day, since I had dinner reservations at some parks those evenings.  With the heat, that didn’t happen.  We would go back to the hotel, then return for dinner.  

• Like 2

On 8/9/2024 at 9:19 AM, h20skibum said:

I normally wouldn’t do this, but this family gets the most ignorant award of the day.  

IMG_2728.thumb.jpeg.21db91984dc9e43c9d32c0b5a8341e52.jpeg

Not only did they push their way to be at the front of the rope line, but they jumped the lines at frozen to crowd ahead of others.  All that effort only got them in one car ahead of us.  

What is wrong with people?

What is wrong with people?  SO MANY THINGS!!

• Like 1