Hand Soap

I know this is a weird question but I can’t remember from last year what was provided on Allure. Is the soap provided at the sink in the cabin bathroom liquid hand soap or bar soap? I want to bring my own if it is a bar. Thanks

17 minutes ago, txmommy23 said:

I know this is a weird question but I can’t remember from last year what was provided on Allure. Is the soap provided at the sink in the cabin bathroom liquid hand soap or bar soap? I want to bring my own if it is a bar. Thanks

There is a small bar of soap. I always bring liquid hand soap for the sink and also a bar of soap for the shower. I find the soap they provide to be very drying. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, txmommy23 said:

The shower has body wash, I've used in place of soap for washing something out. I get the tubes now they provide for 340 pts. I dont use the body wash stuff in the shower but I used to use the bar soap. I have used bar soap at home and dont mind it. Shaving or whatever. But I also bring apricot scrub and my own stuff too. 

19 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

I bring my own liquid hand wash soap. I dislike a bar that gets gooey. 

We do the same , even in suites there is no liquid hand soap.

• Like 1

I bring my own liquid hand soap for the sink. But actually love the Malin & Goetz shampoo & conditioner they have in the suites...so far on every RCI ship we've sailed.

• Like 1

It is bar soap, but I am fine with that.  What I do bring is my own toiletries - shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, hair gel.  I want my own stuff.  But I am fine with the bar soap for washing hands and shaving my legs.

I use the bar soap at the sink.  It's perfectly fine for washing your hands. 

Like some others, I use the body wash/shampoo combo in the shower dispenser to do laundry in the sink.  It washes nicely and rinses out thoroughly.

I use bar soap at home in the shower, and bring my own from home.

I bring supplies from home for us to use, but like many others use the shower body wash/shampoo to wash out something at the sink. Back in 2019 when on a cruise, someone told me to ask my stateroom attendant if they would like my toiletries at the end of the cruise. I have since then, and just left them. I also bring a few things that are brand new and are left for them.  This gives me some extra space at the end to roll and pack a few purchases to take home, and saves them a bit on replacing their personal supplies. FYI: before someone asks, this is NOT in place of a tip or even some extra cash left in the cabin upon exiting. 

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

The shower has body wash, I've used in place of soap for washing something out. I get the tubes now they provide for 340 pts. I dont use the body wash stuff in the shower but I used to use the bar soap. I have used bar soap at home and dont mind it. Shaving or whatever. But I also bring apricot scrub and my own stuff too. 

We also get the tubes, but I bring my own shampoo and conditioner anyway…..but I would ONLY use the liquid soap in the shower to wash my clothes…..that is if I run out of my detergent that I bring. 

3 minutes ago, Domiknow said:

What are tubes and what are points, please?

Upgraded toiletries are at 340 pts. Good if I'm flying so I dont have to bring liquids. Tubes are shampoo conditioner and lotion, also used to be body wash but only got 3 last time, not 4.

7 hours ago, firefly333 said:

We are over 400 points and it seems like every cabin steward has no idea when we ask for the tubes. Have others encountered this?