I'm surprised RCI isn't sending me any emails

Posted (edited)

I have a cruise booked w/ Royal Caribbean. The balance is due Sept. 10th.

I can log into my account and see that I have the appropriate upcoming cruise.

I have the app as well. It correctly displays my Dec. 22 - Dec. 29th cruise out of Miami.

Having said all this, I never receive any emails encouraging me to book excursions or asking me to purchase add ons.

That seems weird.

What say any of you on this topic?

Thanks for your time!

Steve

Edited by SSBrickNJ

I have always found it odd - but not surprising with their wonky IT that my DH receives emails about excursions and sales and hardly receive any even though our settings are the same.   That's okay as I don't have sailings booked before Black Friday when the "big sales" should happen for our future cruises.    

I prefer to not receive emails encouraging me to purchase excursions or add ons. If I should choose to do so I can look at my planner and decide if there is anything I want to purchase on my own.  I don't need or want numerous emails encouraging me to do so. JMO.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I will take a look at my profile.

It is highly likely that after my last RCI cruise (Pre Covid) I did not want to receive any more emails from them and I took action to see to it I wouldn't.

I may have marked them as "spam" or "unsubscribed" or both.

So anyway...thanks to those who posted.

Edited by SSBrickNJ

5 minutes ago, SSBrickNJ said:

I will take a look at my profile.

It is highly likely that after my last RCI cruise (Pre Covid) I did not want to receive any more emails from them and I took action to see to it I wouldn't.

I may have marked them as "spam" or "unsubscribed" or both.

So anyway...thanks to those who posted.

I will quote myself and give an update.

My RCI profile DOES have a checkmark in the box saying I AGREE to receive emails.

My email spam folder does NOT contain any emails from RCI.

Unlike in the past, this time I booked my cruise thru AAA TRAVEL.

Could that be why RCI is not emailing me?

1 hour ago, SSBrickNJ said:

I have the app as well. It correctly displays my Dec. 22 - Dec. 29th cruise out of Miami.

Having said all this, I never receive any emails encouraging me to book excursions or asking me to purchase add ons.

That seems weird.

Thanks for your time!

Steve

I have been averaging two cruises a month on RCI over the last two years. I have never received any e-mails from RCI concerning a cruise with the exception of e-mails saying the balance due deadline is coming up soon. Not sure why you think it is weird you aren’t getting more emails from RCI. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

Yes...if you booked via a TA, the TA will send you the billing messages.

Except that I think the OP is referring to RCCL generated planner purchase promotional emails, not billing reminders.  Perhaps those also are not generated with TA bookings.

• Thanks 1

I don't want emails from RCCL. If I want to know something, I go look for it. It's all on their home page, in the booking tool, or in the cruise planner. 

Otherwise, I would get a whole lot of emails I don't want from them. Just my preference.

• Thanks 1

I get multiple emails from them a day it seems. You're not missing anything. There's a limited time left on todays "sale" and you can get "up to $650 in on board credit" 🙄

I got an email today inviting me to purchase things in my cruise planner for my upcoming cruise, which I'm not gonna do because I know the Black Friday sale will be better.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

Our profile is set to receive emails, but the only one I've ever gotten is "checkin is now open". Never anything else.

Lol, this time I didn't even get that one; I just found out on my roll call that it's open.  But I don't do the midnight  + 1 thing, so will do it at my leisure, as usual.

13 hours ago, pcur said:

I don't want emails from RCCL. If I want to know something, I go look for it. It's all on their home page, in the booking tool, or in the cruise planner. 

Otherwise, I would get a whole lot of emails I don't want from them. Just my preference.

+1. I cruise once a year. I don't need 100 emails telling me about the current sale they have going on.

19 hours ago, SSBrickNJ said:

That seems weird.

Thanks for your time!

Steve

This happened to me as well. I haven't received an email in two months. Before I received emails everyday with their latest sales. We had two cruises this past spring that I continually received emails beforehand regarding excursion sales, drink & dining packages, etc. We have two cruises booked in September and I haven't received anything all summer. Not that it matters. I check their site regularly. But like you, I did wonder why they stop sending emails. And for the record, all our cruises are booked with a travel agent.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

Our profile is set to receive emails, but the only one I've ever gotten is "checkin is now open". Never anything else.

Same here.  I have unchecked it and rechecked it.  I have also called in to verify that I should be receiving emails.  I still never do.  I get the ones from Celebrity, but not Royal Caribbean.  I have given up by this point as I don't know what else can be done since I have reached out to the company themselves.  

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

+1. I cruise once a year. I don't need 100 emails telling me about the current sale they have going on.

Right. It's not like you don't get a visual "fork" in the eyeball as soon as the home page loads!

1 hour ago, bluewater1298 said:

I just resigned up for their email promotions and they sent me a $50 promo code that actually worked for a cruise I was looking at. I won't complain about that.

Tell me more please. How might I (or anyone) "resign up" ?

5 minutes ago, SSBrickNJ said:

Tell me more please. How might I (or anyone) "resign up" ?

I deleted my cookies and when I went to Royal's website a small window popped up to sign-up for email promotions. I received the email right away. So far, every cruise I have looked at the promo works. I signed up on Celebrity's site also and received a promo code as well..

• Thanks 1