The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday August 8th, 2024

48 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

This is definitely spiedie territory. We can even buy spedie marinade in the supermarket.

I used to load up on the marinade when I visited Binghamton.  I haven't been there in a few years.  

• Like 11

2 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

@Cruising-alongWe were on the Discovery Princess in April for the Solar Eclipse cruise. 2 months after booking opened we ended up with a guarantee cabin so we were in a forward cabin, rather than our preferred aft. We got a lot of steps in but it wasn't as bad as I had feared. The ship was totally booked for the total eclipse but really didn't seem overly crowded. It's a beautiful ship and the International Cafe is always wonderful. If you're lucky, you will have Cole Bockman from New Zealand, as cruise director. He is a riot-make sure you see his Wake Show on tv in the morning. And our medallions worked quite well. Love having the door unlock as I approach while holding morning lattes from the International Cafe.

Thank you!  I'm excited.  We prefer aft too, and have a cabin on the 11th deck right on the aft.  It will be only 1 week, to see if we like Princess but also because any longer and we'd have to do laundry 😉  We're spoiled with our free laundry on HAL.  We will be driving down and back, that will extend our vacation. (so I guess I'll have to pack a little more than I had thought!) 

It has been a lovely day, we had a quick visit with DS and DDIL (in-between her meetings).  We brought them the apricot jam I made for them, and DS gave us a tour of the travel trailer they just got this week.  They will take it out this weekend to Mt. Rainier.  

• Like 16

Well I worked 8.25 hours today, I had one sale for the California group, and my first sale in Florida.  YAY!  I broke my 3 week no sale streak for Florida!  

Tomorrow is the take the babies to the vets, and tentatively discussing going to the art museum.

I got another update on the Jersey from Debbie-

I took Jersey to the vet this morning. She checked perfectly, got her 2nd rabies shot, a 2nd dewormer and a combo blood test for feline HiV and something else I can’t remember. She’s being spayed at the end of the month.

She weighed in at 3.58 lbs and was the star attraction at the vet. When she was taken to the back for her blood test the vet tech said there were a train of people who wanted to see the new kitten. 🐈‍⬛
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Thank you!  I'm excited.  We prefer aft too, and have a cabin on the 11th deck right on the aft.  It will be only 1 week, to see if we like Princess but also because any longer and we'd have to do laundry 😉  

At least Princess still has self-service laundry on each deck and this last cruise it was free. I love the cabin closet set-up. It's one long bar across from the bathroom door with a shelf above and floor space for shoes and suitcases. There is a tall narrow cabinet that is behind the bathroom door when the door is open-several shelves and the safe. The closet area even has room for a pop-up mesh hamper. It's a hard choice between Princess and HAL lately-like them both (although you're right, free laundry is nice!)  Breakfast is usually at the buffet and we enjoy eating outside-a good amount of the area is covered.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Well I worked 8.25 hours today, I had one sale for the California group, and my first sale in Florida.  YAY!  I broke my 3 week no sale streak for Florida!  

Tomorrow is the take the babies to the vets, and tentatively discussing going to the art museum.

I got another update on the Jersey from Debbie-

I took Jersey to the vet this morning. She checked perfectly, got her 2nd rabies shot, a 2nd dewormer and a combo blood test for feline HiV and something else I can’t remember. She’s being spayed at the end of the month.

She weighed in at 3.58 lbs and was the star attraction at the vet. When she was taken to the back for her blood test the vet tech said there were a train of people who wanted to see the new kitten. 🐈‍⬛

I’m so glad Jersey has found a forever home. The new mom’s updates have been fun. Did she keep the name “Jersey”?  There is something about a little kitten jumping around and frolicking that is so adorable!!!

6 hours ago, dfish said:

They are!  I order the original sauce from Lupo.  You can get it on that site that sells everything.

Now I’m intrigued!  I’m going to have to look for the special sauce. 

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

I’m so glad Jersey has found a forever home. The new mom’s updates have been fun. Did she keep the name “Jersey”?  There is something about a little kitten jumping around and frolicking that is so adorable!!!

Now I’m intrigued!  I’m going to have to look for the special sauce. 

Spiedie Sauce

SpiedieSauce.jpg.db3fb613b7b2cbefaf726d0a18b3febd.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4