Balcony Dividers

Frenchkona

We are sailing in October on the Celebrity Beyond. My wife and I and another couple have 2 Celebrity Suites booked that are side by side.  My question is, can the divider between our 2 balconies be opened so we can share a larger balcony. Your answers would be appreciated. 

22 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Infinite verandas do not have balconies. So no, there is no way to open a barrier.

We're assuming that was intended to be funny, hence the 😄 'reactions' to the post.

We too have Sunset Verandas with our friends next door in a SV also.  Wondering the same thing.  We realize only part of it will open. We have seen a hinge in the past.

I have seen the dividers open on the Silhouette when the crew was cleaning the balconies. Would assume they do the same for the balconies on the E-class ships. As noted above, it's worth asking the stateroom attendant to see if it can be done.

4 hours ago, Marie51 said:

I am wondering the same thing. We will be on the beyond in a few weeks in the infinite veranda cabins, wondering if the balcony dividers open.

No.  If you have connecting cabins the door is close to the entryway.  The IV don’t have balconies.  There is a solid wall between your window and the window next door

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, canderson said:

We're assuming that was intended to be funny, hence the 😄 'reactions' to the post.

I thought that was the case when I first read it. I'm actually not so sure now. 🤷‍♂️

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, BytownMatt said:

I have seen the dividers open on the Silhouette when the crew was cleaning the balconies. Would assume they do the same for the balconies on the E-class ships. As noted above, it's worth asking the stateroom attendant to see if it can be done.

The Edge ships are a totally different class and are built differently than the S class.

The E class verandahs have a window which opens while the S class has a real verandah with seating.

The suites on E class ships do have real verandahs.

image.jpeg

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

The Edge ships are a totally different class and are built differently than the S class.

The E class verandahs have a window which opens while the S class has a real verandah with seating.

image.jpeg

Agreed. I didn't suggest otherwise.

2 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

image.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Frenchkona said:

Here is the floor plan of Celebrity Beyond Celebrity Suite and it does have a balcony and not an infinite veranda. 

IMG_0948.webp

Check out this video. About 30 sec in you can see the balcony divider. Small round hole for the allen wrench and the hinges to swing the divider. 

1 hour ago, bigbenboys said:

Check out this video. About 30 sec in you can see the balcony divider. Small round hole for the allen wrench and the hinges to swing the divider. 

Typically there is no balcony door to open when a cabin is next to a bulkhead.  I'm not sure, but I believe bulkheads are indicated on deck plans by a white space between cabins.

image.png.2412f50a7e5293c10edb633ed2e4a43e.png