Plastic zip ties to prevent reclining?

10 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

I view Reclining seats as setting off a chain reaction.  The person reclines in front of you.  You need to recline for more space.  The person behind you then needs to recline.  etc.  etc.  It goes all the way to the poor person in the last row against the wall truly squished!  Ha Ha.😁

There are actually two stops -- the row just before the exit rows does not recline and as you said there is the last row in the plane.  

Even in First Class on some older aircraft the last row of seats would only recline slightly. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Actually I’ve never been a mind reader and I don’t appreciate people who think they are.  Maybe I hate you because you’re tall.  Maybe I hate you because you keep kicking my seat.  Maybe I hate you because you have the wrong sports team on your sweatshirt.  Maybe I hate you because I’m in pain and putting my seat up causes me more pain.

They put the seat “enough” for you to get out and you did.  So what else were you expecting?

did you read where I said barely able to get out!   . A considerate person would have at least put their chair up to allow a person to exit.      

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 1Virgo said:

did you read where I said barely able to get out!   . A considerate person would have at least put their chair up to allow a person to exit.      

“Pardon me, could you move it a little more, please?”

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

I view Reclining seats as setting off a chain reaction.  The person reclines in front of you.  You need to recline for more space.  The person behind you then needs to recline.  etc.  etc.  It goes all the way to the poor person in the last row against the wall truly squished!  Ha Ha.😁

I view the reclined seat in front of me as my grab bar.  Just grasp the top of the seat and pull, really assists to stand and move out of the small space.  The person in the reclined seat has to deal with a little turbulence, but cest la vie.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Liao said:

I view the reclined seat in front of me as my grab bar.  Just grasp the top of the seat and pull, really assists to stand and move out of the small space.  The person in the reclined seat has to deal with a little turbulence, but cest la vie.

If there's a cascade of hair dangling over your side of the seat, be sure to get a little that, too! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, canderson said:

If there's a cascade of hair dangling over your side of the seat, be sure to get a little that, too! 

Hey that person in front of me is rude?  Better teach him some manners by being rude too.  Talking to people is so old fashioned.

Now that person in front of me better not say anything to me!  That would be rude.

3 hours ago, 1Virgo said:

I wish the seats wouldn't recline so far back.   When the man in front of me reclined his seat, I could not get out and I m not a big person.   Or, you have food/drink on your tray and the person decides to recline. 

I have never had my drink get in the way of a reclined seat in front of me..and we sure took this thread off the rails.  🙂

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, zitsky said:

Well you asked someone politely to move his seat and he….. did it?  I’m not sure where “reluctantly” comes in. Should he have promised to never recline his seat again?

Reclining is mandatory for some people.  I’ve experienced coming home with back pain from a bad airline seat.  Please don’t ask me to just sit there upright for 9 hours.  Don’t punish another passenger for a decision made by an airline CEO.

It doesn't need to be mandatory.  It is their seat.  They can recline it if they want.  

• Like 1

On 8/19/2024 at 1:01 PM, DaKahuna said:

I need only look as far as the lid on my coffee from McDonald's hat says "Caution Hot" to have both of these make sense.  

Also -- I have seen people come very close to hurting themselves by leaning forward, to release the stop and then fall back because they missed the stop when trying to lean back further.  

Life is essentially the race between people making the world idiot proof and the universe making a bigger, better idiot.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Airline seats recline for a reason…my seat reclines your seat reclines..just do it..it’s the same amount of room..

I will use "A Pringle Can"  😜

6 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Where do you find cans that only have one Pringle and aren’t they too small?  🙂

Ex-Airbalancer was the one that started it. 😄 It could work. image.png.f91a189407062edf4e082c5eda1f129f.png

Edited by shandryl

5 minutes ago, shandryl said:

Ex-Airbalancer was the one that started it. 😄 It could work. image.png.f91a189407062edf4e082c5eda1f129f.png

I have 5 brothers and sisters.  So I learned early on to NOT do what everyone else was doing.  😂

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Where do you find cans that only have one Pringle and aren’t they too small?  🙂

image.png.3f68fe9fa4c07afa6b56f6e5b3d73170.png The snack size they sell on the plane if wedged in at the right angle.. 😄 image.png.e469f423fd7f0da738d88378de523f15.png

On 8/18/2024 at 8:59 PM, hcat said:

maybe the best solution is for X  to remove the chairs and replace with ones that better fit the space

The reclining chairs have fit the space as long as we've sailed concierge.  The replacements are IMO kitchen chairs and very uncomfortable, not meant for lounging.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Do you actually not think the 'orders' come from HQ on these removals? 

From legal, sure.  CEOs are too afraid to be sued, which is what started this, right?

6 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Dominoes!  However,there are seats which are fixed, meaning they don't recline...somewhere around the middles rows.  So more than one person gets squished...😄

5 hours ago, zitsky said:

“Pardon me, could you move it a little more, please?”

More than one request may be considered a conversation, leading maybe to friendship???  or alternatively.....???

3 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

I have never had my drink get in the way of a reclined seat in front of me..and we sure took this thread off the rails.  🙂

It's called 'getting in the last word'...

11 minutes ago, zitsky said:

From legal, sure.  CEOs are too afraid to be sued, which is what started this, right?

Wouldn't Legal be considered part of HQ or am I on another planet?  And CEO's don't actually get sued for corporate litigation.......the company is sued and pays the bill.

OT....I'm sure busy on this site today...cool outside and just finished a round of golf!  Back to replacing lounge chairs and zip ties.  They are very uncomfortable laying flat or in fact, I don't remember if they even can lay flat...but for years I've enjoyed relaxing in a partially flexed chair which has NEVER hit the window/door.

Edited by Oceangoer2

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Those white chairs look very uncomfortable 

While I wish the back was higher, I do not find them as horrible as other folks do. 

mac_tlc

• Like 1