Live: Harmony of the Seas Western Caribbean Aug 25

Ugh. So much for an early night. Since going to bed, we’ve had two full ship announcements looking for a passenger (hope she is ok) and then crazy screaming and yelling a couple of rooms down. I ignored it at first but it just kept going- I wasn’t sure if it was teens playing or someone in trouble. I eventually poked my head out and saw 3 teen girls screaming and running in and out of their room so I told them to be quiet. They replied “sorry. We have a bird in our room.” Sigh. I have no idea if that was actually true, but I immediately texted DD (who has been out until curfew every night) and let her know that if I ever found out she had been making that kind of noise around the ship she would be grounded. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Ugh. So much for an early night. Since going to bed, we’ve had two full ship announcements looking for a passenger (hope she is ok) and then crazy screaming and yelling a couple of rooms down. I ignored it at first but it just kept going- I wasn’t sure if it was teens playing or someone in trouble. I eventually poked my head out and saw 3 teen girls screaming and running in and out of their room so I told them to be quiet. They replied “sorry. We have a bird in our room.” Sigh. I have no idea if that was actually true, but I immediately texted DD (who has been out until curfew every night) and let her know that if I ever found out she had been making that kind of noise around the ship she would be grounded. 

They just might have had a bird in their room.  I was on the Grandeur last week (for the first and probably last time, but that is another story), standing in line at Guest Services. There was a woman speaking to a staff member about an injured bird on the deck.  She wanted the staff member to send someone to take care of the bird and he was trying to explain to her why that could not happen. 

1 hour ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

They just might have had a bird in their room.  I was on the Grandeur last week (for the first and probably last time, but that is another story), standing in line at Guest Services. There was a woman speaking to a staff member about an injured bird on the deck.  She wanted the staff member to send someone to take care of the bird and he was trying to explain to her why that could not happen. 

I imagine the only way a bird could get in the room is if they left the room with the balcony door open…who knows? After I told them to quit the screaming they were quiet. I normally don’t get involved with other people’s kids - I’m a mom and I get it. Sometimes there are bad days, one off melt downs, you just don’t know what the situation is - if I have something to say I take it up with the parents. BUT this screaming was just too much and was not stopping. I do feel bad if there was something to their story, but screaming and running in and out wasn’t going to help matters!

• Like 10

11 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Usually, the CD will be reading any LIVE that is going on.  I was sought out by the CD during one of my LIVE reports.  I got that big brother vibe then too.

This kind of makes me want to do a LIVE during my October cruise just to see if this happens to me too!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

She wanted the staff member to send someone to take care of the bird and he was trying to explain to her why that could not happen. 

No compassion? Is that the excuse used, because I cannot see any world in which the cruise line can't dispatch a staff member to rescue an injured bird and provide it a wee bit of comfort. Fug people! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I would think, at minimum, someone would have to be dispatched to remove the bird.  Certainly a safety/biohazard.  As to what happens then?  “We took fluffy to a beautiful farm where she can play with other cats in the fresh air & sunshine!” 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

11 hours ago, poocher said:

Wow, and what happened to your son?  I mean the bartender should have been fired but my son would have had the wrath of God brought down on him.  I don’t care how old you are.  I brought you into this world.  I will take you out again!!

We made him pay part of the bill back to us and don’t get me started with the cell phone bill, couldn’t live without his girlfriend for a week.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

14 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

While there, the beverage manager came over and introduced himself, and said he wanted to check in about the poor service I received at The Solarium! I was very taken off guard as I haven’t complained about this in the shop at all - so obviously RC are either reading this live or the private cruise group chat. Either way (aside from the big brother vibe) I was impressed that someone sought me out to address it.

Definite big brother vibes. I would have been creeped out, for sure. How did he even know it was you?? I think I've seen one picture of you, and it didn't even show your face!

• Like 4

We had a lovely, quiet breakfast at The Solarium this morning. I like this much better than the chaos of the buffet! Heading off to Paradise Beach momentarily.

• Like 12

Just now, LisaLisa87 said:

Definite big brother vibes. I would have been creeped out, for sure. How did he even know it was you?? I think I've seen one picture of you, and it didn't even show your face!

That’s what I want to know!!!! DS has a theory (he is 13 so loves this stuff) that if you sign up for their wifi you are giving them permission to track you (like find my phone almost) and monitor all internet and chat usage. I feel like they have much better things to do with their time but certainly appreciated the follow up regardless!

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, blarko said:

What was the reason?

I did not hear every detail of the conversation. She kept referring to the poor bird that she did not want to just walk away from.  He was stumbling over his words, trying to say in different ways that there was nothing they could do.  He was very uncomfortable with the situation. It sounded almost like the bird had been caught in a door, but it does not seem possible for that to happen. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

That’s what I want to know!!!! DS has a theory (he is 13 so loves this stuff) that if you sign up for their wifi you are giving them permission to track you (like find my phone almost) and monitor all internet and chat usage. I feel like they have much better things to do with their time but certainly appreciated the follow up regardless!

While that might be possible it would be much easier to search the guest database for a party of 3, mother and 2 kids from Canada in a balcony cabin. (If memory serves all that info is in this thread.) Actually locating you is just a matter of identifying where your card was last used. 

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

If I recall correctly @Greenpea2 had a very similar experience on NCL (I think it was NCL) when she posted something about being dissatisfied with a meal.  Maybe she can confirm this.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I stand corrected- it was Margaritaville at Sea. I’m interested in checking this one out - anyone had any experience?

IMG_5462.jpeg

Seems like everything I read about this ship is negative but maybe someone has been on her?

7 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I stand corrected- it was Margaritaville at Sea. I’m interested in checking this one out - anyone had any experience?

IMG_5462.jpeg

From what I’ve seen on reviews and live streams is most everyone likes it. It’s not the most updated ship but it’s clean and the food is good (from what I’ve heard). The rooms appear to be just like any other ships. The crew are great as well. This is not from personal experience just what I’ve seen and/or heard.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

IMG_5462.jpeg

I sailed on the older and smaller ship, Paradise, and truly had a great time. It's not flashy, new or large, however, it was CLEAN and the staff were amazing. I did an entire review over on the Margaritaville at sea page. "Bougie Babes take on MAS"

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 8/29/2024 at 8:38 AM, ceilidh1 said:

Why do all the hot tubs on this ship look like this? I know it’s not actually dirt, but it still puts me off wanting to get in! This is the one in the Solarium but they all have that same brown nastiness…

IMG_5252.jpeg

2 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

More of the brown hot tubs…

IMG_5454.jpeg

IMG_5455.jpeg

IMG_5456.jpeg

IMG_5458.jpeg

Yes, I was on the previous cruise just before you and almost all hot tubs were like this. 

This is not how a RC ship should look. It's disgusting.

As for the Cruise Compass situation, you can ask your cabin attendant to deliver a physical copy every day, I did that since day 1 😉

Edited by Carlos A.
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, LisaLisa87 said:

In my case, it was during the comeback from Covid, and everyone was wearing masks.   I think there was one photo of me in a mask and sunglasses, in my review.  We were sitting near the front at one show, and the CD recognized me from that photo.  

I envisioned them scouring through your photos from boarding day to find out who you are.