Cancellation of round Australia Crown Princess Nov 2025

Got an email from Princess yesterday to say our cruise 26 Sept 2025 on Crown Syd-Brisbane was being redeployed with a new cruise number though our booking was still secure. Today nothing is listed on the website for Crown after its arrival from world cruise in Syd 26 Sept 2025 (when we were due to depart) and Jan 2026. The app won't let us get into other than our upcoming cruise in 35 days, can't transfer across to either of our next two cruises (incl this Sept one), and can't log out (no profile button) to access cruise via cruise number. The website says cruise is still there but we now have no cabin number. So ours is supposed to be regarded as a minor change rather than a cancellation

6 hours ago, arxcards said:

Princess website has blocked out everything from the return of the WC into Sydney on 26th September, through till 22nd January. That one is still listed, but with no pricing available. Some of these could be just on hold to allow existing customers to swap over.

With such a void, I am mostly interested in new dates appearing in the port schedules, and the number of days between. From Sydney,

26th September 2025 - 28 nights (around Oz?)

24th October - 11 nights (guessing Islands, as there are no matching QLD dates)

4th November - 7 nights (presuming Tassie, as she is also booked in Eden for 10th Nov)

11th November - off to drydock. There would have been enough days for Crown to get back to Brisbane for 24th December to resume her existing schedule, but it looks like they are doing a longer docking. On her return, she is showing as Darwin (26th Dec), Port Douglas (30th Dec), Cairns (31st Dec), Brisbane (4th Jan), Sydney (6th Jan). So, I guess anyone looking for Christmas/New Year on Crown will need to start looking for flights to Singapore.

She still holds a date for Sydney on 21st December, but that was an existing booking that should disappear. The 6th January date in Sydney is definitely new though and fits with the other port dates. My earlier mention of 14th January is a red herring - that is a booking for Newcastle.

If I were to start a rumour, it could be that the original September drydock date is being taken by Pacific Adventure to be converted back into Golden Princess.

My email said that the circumnavigation would be moved to September and would reduce from 28 nights to 24 nights.

Crown is booked into Melbourne on 20th October - 24 nights after your Sydney date of 26 September!  She is booked again 6 days later on 26th October.  There is no September booking at this stage for picking up Melbourne people, so maybe she will start in Sydney??

So she goes from Melb to Syd on 26th October (Circumnavigation was anticlockwise) and then maybe comes back down for a SA and Tas cruise in the 11 nights.

If she doesn't pick up in Melbourne then I won't be on her.  A circumnavigation to me is to get on and off in the same port.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, dizzy1948 said:

I think I should fess up.................that's three cruises we have booked this year that have been "cancelled" could be our fault. 🤣

Don't accept all the blame yourself, as I think we are partially responsible also 🙂 

All the changes are mucking up my brain but I think I have it right:

1. on Majestic back in Mar, we booked Grand 37N Oct 16 '25, which was then cancelled by Princess

2. they offered switch us to Crown Round OZ in Nov '25 but the timing didn't work for us as return date was too late

3. we thus booked as a placeholder for our deposit, Crown Round OZ in Mar '25, which again wasn't going to work for us

4. we thus moved our deposit and booked Discovery NZ cruise Feb 28 '2026

5. we have also now booked Royal to TAS 30 Nov '24

#2 is now canned, so lucky we changed from that!

Fingers crossed that no further changes by Princess & we will try not to put the mock on any more cruises 🙂 

See, so some of this is surely our fault

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Ondine said:

My email said that the circumnavigation would be moved to September and would reduce from 28 nights to 24 nights.

Crown is booked into Melbourne on 20th October - 24 nights after your Sydney date of 26 September!  She is booked again 6 days later on 26th October.  There is no September booking at this stage for picking up Melbourne people, so maybe she will start in Sydney??

So she goes from Melb to Syd on 26th October (Circumnavigation was anticlockwise) and then maybe comes back down for a SA and Tas cruise in the 11 nights.

If she doesn't pick up in Melbourne then I won't be on her.  A circumnavigation to me is to get on and off in the same port.

If you can only do Sydney to Melbourne, that would fit with 24 nights if they call at Hobart in between. No way they can shorten the world cruise to fit Melbourne in on the way back to start a lap there. So yes, it is just a 6/7ths lap they are offering you.

26th October is a good pick-up. I thought it was a blip. The above island guess departing Sydney on 24th October should look more like (yes, with Adelaide & K.I):

24th October Sydney

26th October Melbourne

28th October Kangaroo Island

29th October Adelaide

Maybe Hobart + Port Arthur or Burnie (their public page doesn't go that far)

4th November Sydney

• Like 1

When they want to tell you they are changing their packages again, they will shout if from the rooftops. None of the cruise media or 'click me so I can cruise for free' outlets have picked up on this, so the bland reasoning from Princess lacks the detail of a bit of scrutiny.

But that is refreshing news - those affected have been the first to know ... for a change. Well done Princess.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, lorri111 said:

Cruise mapper has the info-

https://www.cruisemapper.com/ships/Crown-Princess-660

Shows sailing Sydney/Brisbane to Singapore starting 26/28 Sept 2025, then next cruise leaves Singapore on 4 Nov 2025

Those are the old dates before these changes that were notified yesterday.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mr walker said:

Don't accept all the blame yourself, as I think we are partially responsible also 🙂 

1. on Majestic back in Mar, we booked Grand 37N Oct 16 '25, which was then cancelled by Princess

2. they offered switch us to Crown Round OZ in Nov '25 but the timing didn't work for us as return date was too late

3. we thus booked as a placeholder for our deposit, Crown Round OZ in Mar '25, which again wasn't going to work for us

Fingers crossed that no further changes by Princess & we will try not to put the mock on any more cruises 🙂 

Gee I hope the Discovery cruise in Feb 26 is not going to NZ on 28/02 as I will be on that one and it is doing a Southern cruise to Adelaide and Tassie. Hopefully you meant 14/02? Which is the cruise before mine.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, wintrev said:

Gee I hope the Discovery cruise in Feb 26 is not going to NZ on 28/02 as I will be on that one and it is doing a Southern cruise to Adelaide and Tassie. Hopefully you meant 14/02? Which is the cruise before mine.

Yes I’m getting myself very confused with all the changes. You are 100% correct - Discovery 28 Feb 2026 is Southern Australia. See you onboard - I’ll shout you a drink. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Yes I’m getting myself very confused with all the changes. You are 100% correct - Discovery 28 Feb 2026 is Southern Australia. See you onboard - I’ll shout you a drink. 

😂 Mind you with so many changes happening let’s hope our cruise is not cancelled. We booked it to sail on the Discovery not for the itinerary.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ceeceeDee said:

This is confusing me, and I'm not even booked on any of them! If I were, I think I'd need a stiff drink and a good lie down. 😮

I was thinking exactly this. Although when I first saw the original post, I read it as this year. I was thinking how are all these passengers going to rearrange their time off work, flights etc in time. 🤣

• Like 2

I feel partly to blame too.

Princess thought they would need a drydock immediately after I was aboard for 50+ nights with a drink package. Now that we cancelled that 1/2 world cruise, Princess has decided Crown will be in good enough shape to get through another couple of months.

• Haha 8

6 hours ago, mr walker said:

Ha ha ha - snipped this little piece from AXCARDS post:

With such a void, I am mostly interested in new dates appearing in the port schedules, and the number of days between. From Sydney,

See the question mark? - that is the bit of cruise we are on - according to the email we have received. October 13th from Fremantle 11 days. Landing at Sydney on 24th......................but then again who knows!!! 

I might trot off to Katies and see if they do a nice line in white coats (They're coming to take me away.........) Lost the plot.😂

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, dizzy1948 said:

Ha ha ha - snipped this little piece from AXCARDS post:

See the question mark? - that is the bit of cruise we are on - according to the email we have received. October 13th from Fremantle 11 days. Landing at Sydney on 24th......................but then again who knows!!! 

I might trot off to Katies and see if they do a nice line in white coats (They're coming to take me away.........) Lost the plot.😂

The full navigations for Brisbane, Freo, Adelaide, Melbourne on Crown in late 2025 are gone. On the earlier schedule, Crown was doing a lap and a half, which allowed each of the cities to get their own 28-night version of a circumnavigation.

It is sad to think an 11-night Freo to Sydney cruise would be a reasonable substitute for a full lap. It is their marketing people that need the white coats for suggesting it as a viable option.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, arxcards said:

The full navigations for Brisbane, Freo, Adelaide, Melbourne on Crown in late 2025 are gone. On the earlier schedule, Crown was doing a lap and a half, which allowed each of the cities to get their own 28-night version of a circumnavigation.

It is sad to think an 11-night Freo to Sydney cruise would be a reasonable substitute for a full lap. It is their marketing people that need the white coats for suggesting it as a viable option.

I was working it out that the round Australia cruise started September 26th, arrived in Fremantle on Oct 13th then 11 days back to Sydney. Making 28 days round trip.

Hey - who knows. Don't we all just luuuuuv surprises?

Edited by dizzy1948
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I just hope these 'changes' don't affect our Dec 14 cruise on Crown Princess 2024 (this year) - as we've paid for return airfares to Sydney and 2 nights Sydney accommodation (not cheap!)

Although reading this thread it looks like only 2025/26 cruises are affected.

On 8/21/2024 at 6:33 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

I wonder if there is more dry dock work needed than they could fit into the original booking? And maybe the new booking period was the only available slot for the amount of time needed?

Another possibility is the dry dock company forced the change.

Either way it might be another nail in the Princess coffin from the Australian perspective. 

The dry dock has gone from 2 weeks in October 2025 to over 4 months.  I really think they are just making excuses & really they're just pulling another ship out of Australia. 

We had our cruise leaving Brisbane to Singapore cancelled & we won't bother rebooking whatever they're offering. 

12 minutes ago, Muffinz said:

I just hope these 'changes' don't affect our Dec 14 cruise on Crown Princess 2024 (this year) - as we've paid for return airfares to Sydney and 2 nights Sydney accommodation (not cheap!)

Although reading this thread it looks like only 2025/26 cruises are affected.

Correct. You are fine for Dec 2024 - for now.

1 minute ago, joejoe 59 said:

The dry dock has gone from 2 weeks in October 2025 to over 4 months.  I really think they are just making excuses & really they're just pulling another ship out of Australia. 

We had our cruise leaving Brisbane to Singapore cancelled & we won't bother rebooking whatever they're offering. 

It isn't a 4 month drydock. That is the period of affected itineraries - new ones for when it was originalky meant to be in drydock, cancelled ones for the new dates and some adjusted ones in between.

Even though the original drydock was 2 weeks, there was another 5 weeks cruising to & from. Now it looks like the updated drydock will be a bit over 3 weeks, plus the 5 weeks of cruising to/from Singapore.

• Thanks 1

On 8/22/2024 at 4:22 AM, Tranquility Base said:

Do you know what date it arrives in Singapore ?

It's not showing on the website.

We were meant to arrive into Singapore on the 14th of October.

Princess don’t seem to have much regard for their customers nor can they decide what they want to do.  Doesn’t seem to have given them cause to reduce pricing though.   

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, arxcards said:

It isn't a 4 month drydock. That is the period of affected itineraries - new ones for when it was originalky meant to be in drydock, cancelled ones for the new dates and some adjusted ones in between.

Even though the original drydock was 2 weeks, there was another 5 weeks cruising to & from. Now it looks like the updated drydock will be a bit over 3 weeks, plus the 5 weeks of cruising to/from Singapore.

I know it's not really in dry dock for 4 months. The wording in my letter says Due to the ships dry docking maintenance period we regretfully need to cancel your cruise.

We have been given a replacement cruise leaving Singapore on November 13th 2025  I have no idea where it's going or what ship.

Edited by joejoe 59