Elite breakfast / happy hour questions

pepele

I have booked my first celebrity sailing and have a few questions. I am diamond on Royal so I will have elite status on celebrity. I am traveling with my 15 year old son who is also diamond but I understand he will not have elite status since he is under 18. Can he attend the elite breakfast with me?  Is he allowed to order latte’s there?  Also, I am assuming he doesn’t get to participate in the happy hour by ordering a soda but I wanted to confirm. Thanks!

1 hour ago, pepele said:

I have booked my first celebrity sailing and have a few questions. I am diamond on Royal so I will have elite status on celebrity. I am traveling with my 15 year old son who is also diamond but I understand he will not have elite status since he is under 18. Can he attend the elite breakfast with me?  Is he allowed to order latte’s there?  Also, I am assuming he doesn’t get to participate in the happy hour by ordering a soda but I wanted to confirm. Thanks!

He can definitely go to the morning event with you and order a latte or cappuccino. I believe he will be allowed to order nonalcoholic drinks with you during the 5 to 7 PM happy hour.

8 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

We have seen kids at the Elite breakfast.  Not frequently, but we have seen them.

Done many Elite breakfasts and never seen a child not even a baby.

2 hours ago, jayoldschool said:

Now that I think of it, I don't think I've ever seen a kid at the Elite Breakfast.

I have Elite Plus status & I have never heard of the Elite Breakfast.  What exactly is it?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, curtsfan said:

I have Elite Plus status & I have never heard of the Elite Breakfast.  What exactly is it?

It's basically a continental breakfast with a menu. You can also order coffee, latte, etc., Bloody Mary's, Bellini's, mimosa's or sparkling wine. On M and S class ships it is normally in Tuscan Grille. Not sure what time they open, but close at 10am.

Edited by bigbenboys
added info

4 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

It's basically a continental breakfast with a menu. You can also order coffee, latte, etc., Bloody Mary's, Bellini's, mimosa's or sparkling wine. On M and S class ships it is normally in Tuscan Grille. Not sure what time they open, but close at 10am.

So Elite's get a lesser breakfast than if they ate in the MDR or if in Retreat?  Oh they also get a splash of booze in a breakfast drink?  I'm curious as to what makes it special?

4 minutes ago, Liao said:

So Elite's get a lesser breakfast than if they ate in the MDR or if in Retreat?  Oh they also get a splash of booze in a breakfast drink?  I'm curious as to what makes it special?

What makes it special is you can start your day with a mimosa or bellini, service is quick and efficient and not crowded. If you choose to and still hungry the MDR is open til 9 am. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Liao said:

Open 8 to 10 am. I've never seen a line up like they have in the main.

Just now, Liao said:

Well this is what we do. 1st we have a small breakfast delivered by our butler at 7am. After that we go to Luminae to have a hot breakfast. Then go have a snack or drinks at the Elite breakfast before they close at 10am. We enjoy talking to the captain's club host especially Rose. But Rose has a new job with Celebrity. Also the view of the wake.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

Well this is what we do. 1st we have a small breakfast delivered by our butler at 7am. After that we go to Luminae to have a hot breakfast. Then go have a snack or drinks at the Elite breakfast before they close at 10am. We enjoy talking to the captain's club host especially Rose. But Rose has a new job with Celebrity. Also the view of the wake.

I like how you think!  I'm going to give it a try on my cruise in March.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

The view of the wake during elite breakfast is only on S class ships. On E class its either at bistro on 5 or Tuscan restaurant. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We tend to start at Elite, have a Cappuccino and something sweet for a slow start ... then head to Blu for the full breakfast.  There is time in the morning for both! 

Edited by SteveCascio
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

The view of the wake during elite breakfast is only on S class ships. On E class its either at bistro on 5 or Tuscan restaurant. 

Is bistro on 5 the same as Le Grand Bistro?  That is my favorite restaurant on EClass.

9 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Could be a buffet or could be this menu.  No hot food.

IMG_0241.jpeg

IMG_0240.jpeg

IMG_7429.jpeg

IMG_7428.jpeg

The quality of their smoked salmon is some of the best I've ever tasted. I questioned as to where it was from and was told British Columbia (BC) Canada. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, curtsfan said:

It's listed on the sheet you receive in your cabin from the CC with all your other perks/benefits and events. 

7 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

Are you Hobbits? 1st breakfast, 2nd breakfast…

7 hours ago, Liao said:

When on a cruise I simply cannot enjoy a big breakfast, lunch and dinner…Some days at breakfast I simply want something light in a pleasant environment with good service a great view and a Bellini to kick start the day! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Liao said:

I was thinking the same thing.  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

I was thinking the same thing.  

Give it a try one morning, you can always head to the main buffet or MDR if it isn’t for you.

To me it is all about variety….I don’t want a hot breakfast every morning. Also if I plan on a special lunch one day I don’t want to still be full from breakfast.

On another note the Captains Club host is invariably there and he/she is a great person to ask if you have a query or an issue that needs resolving. Also a good place and time to ask if there are any helipad sail aways or other special events you would like to be invited to.

Next cruise our room is nearer to the Spa cafe than Tuscan and I will probably give that a try a few days too. It may suit me or it may not but worth trying…

Edited by chemmo
  • Like 1

We have been Elite for quite some time and finally tried the Elite breakfast on our last Apex cruise.  It was served with the limited menu posted on this thread and was certainly quieter than the buffet and less time consuming than the MDR.  That said it was more of a change of pace but not something we choose to do more than one day on a ten day cruise (plus I had “morning hair” as I was going to the gym after I digested breakfast so I wore a baseball cap 🧢 which I was asked to remove, which I did but was somewhat surprised since we have seen people in shorts and non-collared shirts at dinner in the MDR so a bit of selective enforcement of rules but no big deal).