LAFFNVEGAS LIVE to Alaska on the HAL Westerdam August 25, 2024

We are all stuffed. Tom had the Shrimp Cocktail, and Candy Bacon, then the Pork Chop and ended with Chocolate Soufflé, Marcia had the Caesar Salad and Shrimp Cocktail and the Lamb with Baked Potato and dessert of Strawberry Sorbet.
I had to he Caesar Salad and Shrimp Cocktail, I asked about the Scallops and they always tell me they are small not Jumbo so ordered the NY Steak with my 1/2 of a Baked potato but it does cost me with two large onion rings. Then I ordered Creme Brulee. Then our server brought us out an order of the Scallops with the Cauliflower Risotto. The Risotto was very good and the Scallops were better than I expected and may definitely order them next time.

IMG_6610.jpeg

IMG_6611.jpeg

IMG_6612.jpeg

IMG_6613.jpeg

IMG_6614.jpeg

IMG_6616.jpeg

IMG_6615.jpeg

IMG_6617.jpeg

IMG_6622.jpeg

IMG_6623.jpeg

IMG_6624.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Ok the next is kind of funny, the first night we had the rather stale Macarons instead of the tray of chocolates . Tonight we had them but they were fancier like they were spray painted with sparkle. I took a good look at them and on the bottom of the macarons had Effy Jewelry logos, the previous cruise was the Effy Charter. These were actually fresher and better tasting. So we had the Effy left overs.😂

IMG_6618.jpeg

IMG_6621.jpeg

IMG_6620.jpeg

IMG_6619.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 13

3 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

One last breakfast and one last Mimosa before we bid farewell to the Westerdam. We have a late afternoon flight but have lounge access for Alaska Air so will hang out at SeaTac.

IMG_6637.jpeg

IMG_6638.jpeg

IMG_6635.jpeg

You both have that look, I recognize it, I have that same look on disembarkation day. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to everyone for following along and dining with us last week 😁 It was a fun week and the scale by weighing in this morning said we enjoyed it food wise as well 😂 Interestingly enough I gained about what I did last year on the Westerdam and in December on the Nieuw Statendam but it was not nearly as much as Tom and I gained on the NCL Joy in April. We now have 10 weeks to take it off plus some extra before we cruise on the NCL Bliss in November.

We landed in LAS at 7:54 last night we did have Alaska Air Lounge access so that made for the long wait at SeaTac to go by quickly.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

Thank you for sharing your travels with us! It's less than 2 weeks to my Alaska cruise with HAL and this really whetted my appetite for the adventure.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I will probably not do one on Cruise Critic, only because I am not active on the NCL board like I am on the HAL board. Plus it is just different over there. The HAL board is home, been hanging around here for 20+ years 😄 I will however be reporting into my FB everyday and doing the What's for Dinner. Then in January, actually January 29th we fly to Heathrow and are doing a 3 night land tour of the UK through NCL then doing a 13 day Trans Atlantic on the NCL Bliss.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

I will probably not do one on Cruise Critic, only because I am not active on the NCL board like I am on the HAL board. Plus it is just different over there. The HAL board is home, been hanging around here for 20+ years 😄 I will however be reporting into my FB everyday and doing the What's for Dinner. Then in January, actually January 29th we fly to Heathrow and are doing a 3 night land tour of the UK through NCL then doing a 13 day Trans Atlantic on the NCL Bliss.

I know there are all sorts of restrictions about mentioning FB here on CC, but would really like to read your opinions about NCL.  (I find your opinions clear and unbiased.)  That cruise line has just started cruising near to my home and it would be great to not have to fly to get on a cruise ship.

Can you give us some hints about finding you on FB?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lcand1923 said:

I know there are all sorts of restrictions about mentioning FB here on CC, but would really like to read your opinions about NCL.  (I find your opinions clear and unbiased.)  That cruise line has just started cruising near to my home and it would be great to not have to fly to get on a cruise ship.

Can you give us some hints about finding you on FB?

You can do a search of my user name LAFFNVEGAS and a bunch of my previous travel posts come up.

On 8/31/2024 at 8:48 PM, LAFFNVEGAS said:

We are all stuffed. Tom had the Shrimp Cocktail, and Candy Bacon, then the Pork Chop and ended with Chocolate Soufflé, Marcia had the Caesar Salad and Shrimp Cocktail and the Lamb with Baked Potato and dessert of Strawberry Sorbet.
I had to he Caesar Salad and Shrimp Cocktail, I asked about the Scallops and they always tell me they are small not Jumbo so ordered the NY Steak with my 1/2 of a Baked potato but it does cost me with two large onion rings. Then I ordered Creme Brulee. Then our server brought us out an order of the Scallops with the Cauliflower Risotto. The Risotto was very good and the Scallops were better than I expected and may definitely order them next time.

IMG_6612.jpeg

IMG_6615.jpeg

IMG_6623.jpeg

I’m amazed at the different presentation between ships. This was Koningsdam last week. You got ripped off on Bacon or had you already eaten a piece?😂😂

0C6C20C5-C406-469E-B14B-04827E126F05.jpeg

A095630F-80EC-4290-9549-5D2A589B3FFA.jpeg

4FA4DAEC-12EF-48F9-8F75-CED4A2352E3A.jpeg

Edited by Cruise Junky
  • Like 1