No more MTG luncheon, only cocktail party

CruzinNoony

1 hour ago, esad9556 said:

In the chart room or office behind the bridge, possibly.....but on the bridge then please post a picture.

We weren't allowed to have cameras or phones on the tour. It was definitely on the Bridge.

46 minutes ago, Yehootu said:

We weren't allowed to have cameras or phones on the tour. It was definitely on the Bridge.

Maybe it was because there was a tour of the engine control room included in the tour?

On all of our bridge trips (not on a tour) it was perfectly OK for pictures & videos. 

• Like 1

On 9/10/2024 at 9:51 PM, karatemom2 said:

We very much enjoyed the cocktail party and ended up skipping dinner because the hors d’ouevres offered were so filling and delicious. 

Did the hors d’ouevres include vegetarian options? When invited to the MTG luncheon we have always had to ask ahead of time.

31 minutes ago, billco said:

Did the hors d’ouevres include vegetarian options? When invited to the MTG luncheon we have always had to ask ahead of time.

There were at several options that I noted were vegetarian, including a crudite cup, bruschetta, mini quiche with cheese/mushrooms, fig and parmesan canapé, chocolate covered strawberries, etc. 

Edited by karatemom2
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, esad9556 said:

In the chart room or office behind the bridge, possibly.....but on the bridge then please post a picture.

We had champagne on the bridge of the Emerald Princess in the Caribbean many years ago. This was a private tour (not a ship tour) as DW had a friend at corporate who pulled some strings. Looking for the official photo taken by the ship's photographer.

Edited by beg3yrs
typo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, billco said:

On the  MTG invite they have a spot to mention food issues like allergies etc

17 hours ago, VibeGuy said:

A data point:  this week’s Discovery MTG was a cocktail party in Take Five.   Cutoff was under 350 days. 

Probable a low number due to the ship being in Alaska. 

• Like 1

On 9/12/2024 at 3:32 AM, esad9556 said:

Finally a voice of reason, it's all about financials and the persons paying full fare with packages.  Princess needs these people to reduce their debt load to survive...... as a stock holder and elite passenger I do understand this.

I also understand this.  However, this has nothing to do with discontinuing the most traveled luncheon.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2024 at 10:09 AM, VibeGuy said:

A data point:  this week’s Discovery MTG was a cocktail party in Take Five.   Cutoff was under 350 days. 

The cocktail party on the Discovery last week was at 4:30 and was basically over at 5:00 because they had to set up for the elite/platinum lounge beginning at 5:15 in the same venue.  Sounds like it was pretty rushed to me.

39 minutes ago, CruzinNoony said:

The cocktail party on the Discovery last week was at 4:30 and was basically over at 5:00 because they had to set up for the elite/platinum lounge beginning at 5:15 in the same venue.  Sounds like it was pretty rushed to me.

Save money on party. Received money on PELounge at $8 per drink.

PELounge is a big joke 

On 9/6/2024 at 10:39 AM, ArizonaStorm said:

What a topic!  I’m guessing the sun will keep on rising in the morning. 

On 9/6/2024 at 10:43 AM, memoak said:

There really is a big difference between a couple of free cocktails and a 3 course sit down luncheon with dishes you would never get in the MDR

But 15 pages and counting?

But I should talk, I'm wasting my Friday reading this stuff.  🤪

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 555 said:

But at least the coffee cards were usable on future cruises.

We don't always sail with a package. 

I never used a coffee card myself, but I seem to remember long conversations here on CC that "technically" coffee cards were only good for the one cruise.  But not strictly enforced.  They were supposed to be dated on the back.  I may be wrong.  Any previous coffee card users have any input.

My question has just been answered.  Thank you voljeep.  "abuseable" being the key word.  Is that really a word? 😆

Edited by 2 cruises a year
read post 376
  • Like 2

I am the first to admit that I really enjoy the most traveled luncheon. Always sorry when we miss the cut. Last cruise we missed it by 2 folks. Then a couple was taken off the ship by helicopter and we got a call and card inviting us. Like I told the lady, we would only go if we had earned it and not since we were concerned it was due to the couples illness we would not attend. With that said, I hope we are invited in 3 weeks on our next cruise. Any idea how many days it will take on a California coastal cruise? We do not have 1000 days, so I just wonder if there will be any chance.  Anyone with any experience on this kind of cruise?

7 minutes ago, Shaver John said:

I am the first to admit that I really enjoy the most traveled luncheon. Always sorry when we miss the cut. Last cruise we missed it by 2 folks. Then a couple was taken off the ship by helicopter and we got a call and card inviting us. Like I told the lady, we would only go if we had earned it and not since we were concerned it was due to the couples illness we would not attend. With that said, I hope we are invited in 3 weeks on our next cruise. Any idea how many days it will take on a California coastal cruise? We do not have 1000 days, so I just wonder if there will be any chance.  Anyone with any experience on this kind of cruise?

We may be on the same cruise if it is out of Seattle. Should be lots of PNW folks. Hard to tell but on most of my recent non Alaska cruises cut off has been around 500 days or more   Have not done a coastal for awhile so time will tell. Warning it has really nothing to do with it. We have seen many times when people decline the invitation for various reasons

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shaver John said:

You do realize that when you declined they simply went to the next people on the list? You did earn the invite regardless of the misfortune of the people ahead of you.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Shaver John said:

There are some people that live near the poet that cruise a lot, oncluding CA coastals. As a result the cut off can be 500 + for CA coastal. 

4 hours ago, TRLD said:

There are some people that live near the poet that cruise a lot, oncluding CA coastals. As a result the cut off can be 500 + for CA coastal. 

Or even higher. The last short Mexico cruise out of SF the cut off was over 700 our 500+ didn’t even come close