Returned with Covid

drtravel47

2 minutes ago, drtravel47 said:

Sailed on Reflection last week and both of us returned with Covid. Should we share this cruise line to help with their health data and precautions for the future?

Any and all precautions are all on you. The cruise lines aren't going to do anything more than what they are currently doing. And don't even say facemasks! 

28 minutes ago, drtravel47 said:

Sailed on Reflection last week and both of us returned with Covid. Should we share this cruise line to help with their health data and precautions for the future?

Just curious.. When was the last time you had it?

Covid is now the common cold as far as precautions and notifications go. Cases are up to the point that a new round of vaccines were approved, but no formal testing or isolation is required.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, drtravel47 said:

They are not tracking any of this anymore. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, canderson said:

Just curious.. When was the last time you had it?

I think I had it before it was ever a thing, nothing since.  1 jab so I could take a couple of early restart cruises, none since.

• Like 2

My H and I just got the latest boosters in anticipation of next week’s cruise (and cross country flights). Reading here how many people either fell ill or saw actively ill people on the ships convinced us to do so. 

I’m sorry you got sick and I hope your symptoms are mild. 

1 hour ago, OrtonPark said:

My H and I just got the latest boosters in anticipation of next week’s cruise (and cross country flights). Reading here how many people either fell ill or saw actively ill people on the ships convinced us to do so. 

I’m sorry you got sick and I hope your symptoms are mild. 

Actually, we're both feeling much better. I'm back to exercising. Funny how we never thought it was Covid after getting home. We just assumed it was the flu....until I realized I couldn't even smell a bottle of bleach......PS--I still can't smell!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

I’m not tracking nor testing.

Did you leave the ship during the sailing? 

yes, we walked through Key West and were in Coco Cay (though far away from others at Coast (?). None of those traveling with us got sick.

4 minutes ago, drtravel47 said:

not sure. I would say 2 years ago?   We've had 4 vaccines.

Interesting to track.  We had our last go-around with it in March.  Hoping that's good enough to keep us out of trouble for a while longer (re mutations).

1 hour ago, Doc2725 said:

They are not tracking any of this anymore. 

I figured they weren't tracking it, but just wanted to see if I could help others.  I do like the fact that HAL (not Celebrity) doesn't let you touch buffet food. However, since Covid is airborne, that might not matter. Still, while I hand sanitized every time on the ship, how many others don't and many don't know what soap and water is for in a bathroom??!!

• Like 3

Be careful with Covid.. We just lost a friend who was weak and frail from something else..got Covid.  He  could not fight it off ..  Treat as needed but approach with care!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, drtravel47 said:

I figured they weren't tracking it, but just wanted to see if I could help others.  I do like the fact that HAL (not Celebrity) doesn't let you touch buffet food. However, since Covid is airborne, that might not matter. Still, while I hand sanitized every time on the ship, how many others don't and many don't know what soap and water is for in a bathroom??!!

With a new Grandson, I am much better about washing hands..even for no reason..

1 minute ago, PTC DAWG said:

With a new Grandson, I am much better about washing hands..even for no reason..

If you're involved with the many day to day operations of dealing with a new baby, you'll have PLENTY of reasons to wash up! 😄

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, canderson said:

If you're involved with the many day to day operations of dealing with a new baby, you'll have PLENTY of reasons to wash up! 😄

For real..

Posted (edited)

My MDVIP doc said that by the time you get this new Covid shot, it will be a different variant dominating Covid.  The research, according to him is just not there/available.  Of course, always seek advise from your own medical doctor, as we all have different issues and immune systems.  My first experience with Covid was minor, but my DH had a reaction to Plaxlovid.  You do what’s best for your own body!  Glad the OP’s case was mild…

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

DH and I both got covid 2 days after returning home from our cruise to Alaska on Edge.  Could have picked it up anywhere but based on the timeline, I'm guessing we picked it up in the airport on the way home.  Unfortunately, the days of being extra careful of exposing others seem to be a thing of the past.  Just yesterday at my little antique store a lady wearing a mask checked out at the main counter.  She explained that she had covid but "needed to get out of the house"... SMH  

• Thanks 1

It’s definitely going around again. News reported

the other day that more than half the country is showing very high levels of covid. Apparently they track it in the waste water. 

My husband and I both have it right now and we haven’t even gone anywhere. He works from

home and I’ve been sick with Lyme disease. I think one of our adult kids brought it to us. 
Oh joy 😩

I hope you guys feel better!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Let me think about that. No! Covid is everywhere. Did you fly home? Get off at port? Really you have no idea where you catch Covid from these days. 

RSV on the other hand made me very ill for a month. But because it's not Covid it gets no traction. 

Edited by Pushka
  • Like 2

Covid is everywhere now , I just got it for the first about a week ago from my wife who got it from a client 

Our daughter and granddaughter also just got it probably from from grandson who got from work 

A unit in the local hospital is closed from Covid 

For me , it was a cold , my wife was in bed for 3 days , it differed for everyone 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hcat said:

Be careful with Covid.. We just lost a friend who was weak and frail from something else..got Covid.  He  could not fight it off ..  Treat as needed but approach with care!

Yeah. For most people, their immune systems take care of it nicely. For me, I have to be extra careful (for any germs really, not just Covid). 

But aside from the governments lightly tracking spikes, nobody is worrying about contact tracing. No need to send it to the cruise lines.

We got off the Anthem OTS on 8/11 and then our roll call started to blow up with other guests testing positive for Covid. We caught it on a ship a few years back and since then we try to stay out of crowded elevators/spaces and we avoid tours where they pack you on buses. It’s hard to 100% avoid it though. A roll of the dice. We have a fourteen night TA coming up in early November plus three nights in Rome pre cruise. We will take the meds like Tylenol and NyQuil/DayQuil with us just in case along with masks.

We’re going next week for our annual next booster. Obviously it’s up to each person if they boost up yearly. We do. The booster will not stop the virus but we have had it three times each and it has been mild each of those three times. My doctor attributes that to the booster. 

• Like 1