Time scrap the Millennium

Obobru

11 hours ago, Obobru said:

We chose this ship for the itinerary too but at the very least expect the room to be clean that's a basic even if everything else is poor. 

We are on the 6th forward. We discovered this morning the AC issues seems to be all of this area. We walked the corridor to aft to get breakfast and noticed the corridor is warm up to the mid ship elevator area then it suddenly goes cool which indicates an issue with AC at the whole forward in our area. 

Yes, it should be clean.

I do think you are correct about the AC as it doesn’t feel consistent across the ship - something I did mention during our time onboard. We were in SVs, so our cabins were cool 👍.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Obobru said:

We did sail on the Silhouette last year and it was in great shape other than terrible cleaning of room on boarding.

What examples of 'terrible cleaning' do you have for the Silhouette?  That was quite a list for the Millenium.  BTW....I would have parked outside the Guest Services station until they found another cabin (which I have done on a RCL ship when our cabin was disgustingly dirty, wet carpet, hanging off the rod draperies, etc).  They offered us a high end suite which was a totally different experience.  From other posts the standard line seems to be 'the ship is full', but it seems they have found other cabins for extreme cases.

Edited by Oceangoer2

23 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

What examples of 'terrible cleaning' do you have for the Silhouette?  That was quite a list for the Millenium.  BTW....I would have parked outside the Guest Services station until they found another cabin (which I have done on a RCL ship when our cabin was disgustingly dirty, wet carpet, hanging off the rod draperies, etc).  They offered us a high end suite which was a totally different experience.  From other posts the standard line seems to be 'the ship is full', but it seems they have found other cabins for extreme cases.

On the Silhouette we arrived about 30 mins after they announced the rooms were ready. We opened the room and the bed was made and towels in the bathroom but the floor wasn't vacuumed or any rubbish picked up as it was covered in food and wrappers, nothing was wiped down, a metal hanger was hanging of the picture frame and the bathroom hadn't been cleaned. The room looked like it had been trashed as stains we all over and the little chocolates all kinds of small pieces of waste. 

We went to find the room attendant and he was a fairly old man with thick glasseses on. I asked when our room would be finished being cleaned and he said he had finished which seems to be the case and no sign on the door and all equipment had gone. I said I think he had missed cleaning the floor and wiping around he came in with the vacuum  we left him to it. He said some kids had been in the room all week causing havoc so we thought just let him give it a clean over again. 

We came back and while we had vaccumed the centre parts the edges were filthy with candy and wrappers, they were stuffed between the bed and sofa, under the bed, we pulled the small bedside table out it was full of crap behind it. The drawers and shelves had junk in them and things spilt inside. I called gust services and they tried to accuse me of going to the room too early so I asked for a manger to come as the guest services agent was rude.

The manager turned up and she was very good she apologised and asked him to come back again, I asked him to point out where he thought it needed cleaning and he could take any problem. I had to point to things and the housekeeping manager asked him to leave. I explained I think he needed an eye test as he was clearly struggling to see as he screwed his eyes up to look at what I was pointing to. She asked the people who were cleaning the rooms to the left to do ours as part of their cleaning, he carried on with the ones to the right. They came in and cleaned everything with clothes, pulled everything out and cleaned it. The woman was like a machine she didn't leave anything unturned. 

Housekeeping manager wrote a letter, had flowers put in our room, fruits and gave us a meal to Tuscan Grill none of which we wanted but the gesture showed she was serious about the issue and acknowledged it. We heard another couple also complaining about him. He was lovely but his career on the ship needed to finish or they should give him an eye test and retraining. 

• Thanks 1

@Obobru

Reading the recent posts, and am now horribly confused.  Were the cruises you describe in posts #58 and #65 two different Silhouette cruises?  #58 describes a tag team, and #65 describes a completely different elderly solo, replaced by another solo.

4 hours ago, nast said:

I was planning to book a cruise for next year but now I am really hesitating after reading these recent comments. I wanted to reserve a cabin on deck 11 (Aqua Class).

No way would we book or not book a cruise line, ship, itinerary, etc. based on others opinions, experiences, positive or negative. Even if we were on the cruise right after @Obobru we wouldn't second guess our decision.

Since @Obobru is spending a lot of cruise time here on CC I'd suggest he send an Email to the executiveoffice@celebrity.com and provide a live detailed Email explaining what his bad experiences are. Possibly someone would take notice in Miami. Possibly Miami would even contact the HD on the Millennium (?). 

Edited by doghog

On 8/31/2024 at 7:43 AM, DaKahuna said:

Keep in mind that cruise ships do not undergo standard downtimes.  Your room is occupied 7-days a week, 365 days a year.  Dry dock is the only time that some non-cosmetic items can be fixed.  How would you feel to walk into your room and find workers grinding and chipping away old paint, cutting metal off and welding new metal back in place, painting and having the smell of paint for the first day or so of your cruise, etc..  

As long as it's not structurally defective or non-functioning, I do not pay much attention to cosmetic issues -- is my room clean, comfortable, and safe - that's what's important to me.  

Agree.  The abuse that a cruise ship receives is unbelievable.   The OP noted lots of cosmetic and small issues.  Many cannot be sorted with passengers on board.  5+ years of wear - remember crew used ship during covid - take their toll.

Am sure we could find similar items in our home that needs repair.  Some would take a minute and others longer.  Should I replace my guest bedroom window with a broken seal?  Sure, but will wait till weather and my schedule permit as it will take 3 days to get the new window back from the glaziers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Agree.  The abuse that a cruise ship receives is unbelievable.   The OP noted lots of cosmetic and small issues.  Many cannot be sorted with passengers on board.  5+ years of wear - remember crew used ship during covid - take their toll.

Am sure we could find similar items in our home that needs repair.  Some would take a minute and others longer.  Should I replace my guest bedroom window with a broken seal?  Sure, but will wait till weather and my schedule permit as it will take 3 days to get the new window back from the glaziers. 

Are you charging your guests a few thousand dollars?  The equation changes somewhat when its an international corporation that is in the hospitality business.  The photos alone would be enough to make me not want to take the chance that I'd have to deal with the same.  X has been skipping needed maintenance for several years now, but their excuses are wearing a bit thin (as are the curtains). 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

and if that broken window seal caused damage from water, or allows hot/cold air in or out, effecting  HVAC it may end up costing a lot more to repair as a result of waiting.  Cruise industry are multi-billion dollar buisness, they can and should do better.  I spend a fair amount of time in my room as I tend to primarily do TA's with a lot of sea days.  The room in question here would definitely impact my overall enjoyment of my cruise.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Obobru said:

On the Silhouette we arrived about 30 mins after they announced the rooms were ready. We opened the room and the bed was made and towels in the bathroom but the floor wasn't vacuumed or any rubbish picked up as it was covered in food and wrappers, nothing was wiped down, a metal hanger was hanging of the picture frame and the bathroom hadn't been cleaned. The room looked like it had been trashed as stains we all over and the little chocolates all kinds of small pieces of waste. 

We went to find the room attendant and he was a fairly old man with thick glasseses on. I asked when our room would be finished being cleaned and he said he had finished which seems to be the case and no sign on the door and all equipment had gone. I said I think he had missed cleaning the floor and wiping around he came in with the vacuum  we left him to it. He said some kids had been in the room all week causing havoc so we thought just let him give it a clean over again. 

We came back and while we had vaccumed the centre parts the edges were filthy with candy and wrappers, they were stuffed between the bed and sofa, under the bed, we pulled the small bedside table out it was full of crap behind it. The drawers and shelves had junk in them and things spilt inside. I called gust services and they tried to accuse me of going to the room too early so I asked for a manger to come as the guest services agent was rude.

The manager turned up and she was very good she apologised and asked him to come back again, I asked him to point out where he thought it needed cleaning and he could take any problem. I had to point to things and the housekeeping manager asked him to leave. I explained I think he needed an eye test as he was clearly struggling to see as he screwed his eyes up to look at what I was pointing to. She asked the people who were cleaning the rooms to the left to do ours as part of their cleaning, he carried on with the ones to the right. They came in and cleaned everything with clothes, pulled everything out and cleaned it. The woman was like a machine she didn't leave anything unturned. 

Housekeeping manager wrote a letter, had flowers put in our room, fruits and gave us a meal to Tuscan Grill none of which we wanted but the gesture showed she was serious about the issue and acknowledged it. We heard another couple also complaining about him. He was lovely but his career on the ship needed to finish or they should give him an eye test and retraining. 

maybe move him to clean  arwas than staterooms  They have probably  carried him as long as possible  but now complaints are  coming!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I'm pleased this Silhouette situation was expressed;  sailing on her in Nov. '25 B2B.  However, I do think it was isolated and that the attendant was actually being excused and understood by the OP for legitimate reason.  I didn't take it as a rude or crude comment.  The poor man was described as squinting to see what was obvious to the manager and to the occupant.  Age could have been left out of the comment unless he was frail and not up to wielding a vacuum as needed.

Thank you for understanding my post and not trying to find something that isn't intended like some of the people on here. The gent was frail which is why I stated he was older, I don't think good management should keep.sowmoem in a job they can't perform as it's not fair on them. He had the start of a hunch which I imagine over a long time is caused by the job. 

6 hours ago, doghog said:

No way would we book or not book a cruise line, ship, itinerary, etc. based on others opinions, experiences, positive or negative. Even if we were on the cruise right after @Obobru we wouldn't second guess our decision.

Since @Obobru is spending a lot of cruise time here on CC I'd suggest he send an Email to the executiveoffice@celebrity.com and provide a live detailed Email explaining what his bad experiences are. Possibly someone would take notice in Miami. Possibly Miami would even contact the HD on the Millennium (?). 

Totally agree with this, everyone's experiences are unique. There are a lot for rooms on this ship everyone can be in a wildly different state and that is the same for any ship. Everything is subjective, I have read moans on here about food and we have found it in this and out previous cruise with Celebrity nothing short of excellent. 

As for spending time on here we had a sea day and we sleep late. Sea day has very poor selection of things to do and by midnight the ship is a ghost town so we are online. 

With regards to head office we have been told by guest services they will be contacting us. 

1 hour ago, hcat said:

maybe move him to clean  arwas than staterooms  They have probably  carried him as long as possible  but now complaints are  coming!

Yes I totally agree, maybe my post was a little harsh as I had not initially thought of lighter area cleaning duties. 

• Like 1

On 8/31/2024 at 4:09 PM, NMTraveller said:

I suspect that your sliding door is not closing so the AC is not going on.

We had to get this fixed in our cabin.

On M and S class ships the sliding door has no bearing on 5he AC.

• Thanks 1