Labor day sale

sunsetme

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sunsetme said:

also refused the Best Price Guarantee bs

Was your booking within the parameters of the fine print?  Did you complete the claim form?  

Better Than Best Price Guarantee Claim Form

Cruise bookings made between July 1 and December 15, 2024 for any 2025 or 2026 departure are eligible for the Better Than Best Price Guarantee

Please submit only one claim form per booking. 

Book any 2025 or 2026 Princess®️ cruise between July 1 and September 2, 2024, with complete confidence. If you find a lower identical cruise fare** on Princess.com prior to your final payment, we’ll match 120% of the difference. It’s the cruise industry’s best price guarantee.

Edited by startedwithamouse
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sunsetme said:

had to cancel and rebook cruise for July 2025 as they would not refare my booking, aggravating but got $400 OBC and a lower price

I can't even do that because Princess says that there are no cabins for 3/4 people left on the ship in May 2025. Of course, there are. Deluxe balconies galore. When I click on 2 people, all of these cabins for 3-4 people populate.

• Like 1

Has anyone seen refundable deposits? I swear I clicked on sale and said refundable then logged in to book and not.  And the sale just modified price with OBC compared to last week

2 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I can't even do that because Princess says that there are no cabins for 3/4 people left on the ship in May 2025. Of course, there are. Deluxe balconies galore. When I click on 2 people, all of these cabins for 3-4 people populate.

I have the same thing happening on my Japan-Singapore cruise in Nov. 2025. You can book a mini suite for two only, yet you can book a standard balcony cabin for three or four. Minis have sofa beds which beat the pull-downs by a long shot.

I checked our Hawaii cruise next March. The price is about $410 more so gaining $400 OBC isn't a real compelling reason to rebook. Poop.

Rebooked our March 2026 cruise, cost $4 more but gained the $400 OBC.  Deposit on original booking is to be refunded and had to pay the new deposit which was the same amount.  Usually my deposit has been moved over.  No big deal, just thought that was odd.

• Like 1

Rebooked Alaska 2026.  Took an hour on chat.  Cruise ended up being the same $, but have $200 OBC now.  Deposit on original to refunded in 10-15 days, and had to pay new deposit for new booking.  Was originally told I could transfer deposit to new booking, but that didn’t happen.

1 minute ago, tothemall&beyond said:

You can EITHER re-fare as you did OR you can get the Better than Best Guaranty (fi you met the specific qualifications for it), but you can't do both.

I couldn't do either 

On 8/31/2024 at 6:35 PM, Thrak said:

I checked our Hawaii cruise next March. The price is about $410 more so gaining $400 OBC isn't a real compelling reason to rebook. Poop.

We are going March 19. How about you. 

On 8/31/2024 at 3:59 PM, 1emerald1 said:

Does anyone remember when a Princess sale was really a sale??

Remember always waiting for the "3 for free" sales and can't remember the other..but remember getting a steal of a TA with $500/pp OBC. Those were the days...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, paradiselivin1 said:

Remember always waiting for the "3 for free" sales and can't remember the other..but remember getting a steal of a TA with $500/pp OBC. Those were the days...

That was one of my favorite sales too!

• Like 1

On 9/1/2024 at 12:03 PM, startedwithamouse said:

When you completed the form, did you receive a denial email for best price guarantee?

We first received an email denying it based on them figuring our promo OBC's into their reasoning -- which is 100% contrary to the express stated terms of the guarantee. So I sent a detailed letter to that department (Commercial Ops) and copied 4 people in the Executive Offices on it, including John Padgett. Within less than an hour, we got both an email from the Commercial Ops department and a call from a senior person in the Executive Offices apologizing for the initial denial, admitting that they were in error, and stating that we were indeed entitled to the 120% differential under the guarantee. It was immediately posted to our booking.

Edited by tothemall&beyond
  • Like 1

On 9/1/2024 at 11:42 AM, sunsetme said:

I couldn't do either 

Again, to get the 120% OBC under the BTB Guarantee, you had to meet very specific parameters, most notably that your original booking was made in the narrow window between July 1 and Sept 2, 2024.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tothemall&beyond said:

We first received an email denying it based on them figuring our promo OBC's into their reasoning -- which is 100% contrary to the express stated terms of the guarantee. So I sent a detailed letter to that department (Commercial Ops) and copied 4 people in the Executive Offices on it, including John Padgett. Within less than an hour, we got both an email from the Commercial Ops department and a call from a senior person in the Executive Offices apologizing for the initial denial, admitting that they were in error, and stating that we were indeed entitled to the 120% differential under the guarantee. It was immediately posted to our booking.

Good to know. 

Wondering if @sunsetme completed the form/met the requirements of the Best Price Guarantee. They stated they were refused, but didn't say why.

• Like 1