Flowers

gailellen12

38 minutes ago, GrammieK said:

I tried to arrange for flowers for our 50th anniversary and was told it would depend on where the ship was and what the local florist could arrange. 

We did that once and it cost a fortune.  It is more reasonable to get them in port and bring them back on the ship yourself.  My husband asked the butler to handle it and he was told he had to deal with the front desk.  The front desk wanted cash up front.  The the port agent got involved and the end result was only a lot less flowers than what one could get by buying them yourself in port. Everybody had to take their cut.

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, GrammieK said:

I tried to arrange for flowers for our 50th anniversary and was told it would depend on where the ship was and what the local florist could arrange. 

That makes total sense.

I have brought flowers onboard in many ports around the world with no problem - I take collapsible flower vases to brighten our cabin...I am planning on doing the same on our upcoming cruise around the Med....

I have been known to embark with a large bouquet of flowers in my arms (Seattle's Pike Street Market is one of the best for this!).  I always get lots of smiles from fellow passengers and crew...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, basor said:

I have brought flowers onboard in many ports around the world with no problem - I take collapsible flower vases to brighten our cabin...I am planning on doing the same on our upcoming cruise around the Med....

I have been known to embark with a large bouquet of flowers in my arms (Seattle's Pike Street Market is one of the best for this!).  I always get lots of smiles from fellow passengers and crew...

Tell me about a collapsible vase.

Terri

9 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Tell me about a collapsible vase.

Terri

Do an online search for collapsible vases and you'll find many options.  Basically, they are made from a plastic that gets soft when you fill it with warm water.  You open up the bottom and shape the vase.  Then pour out the warm water and refill with cold to "set" the shape.  Add flowers and you're done.

But...you could just ask your steward to bring one from the ship's supplies instead.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, loriva said:

Do an online search for collapsible vases and you'll find many options.  Basically, they are made from a plastic that gets soft when you fill it with warm water.  You open up the bottom and shape the vase.  Then pour out the warm water and refill with cold to "set" the shape.  Add flowers and you're done.

But...you could just ask your steward to bring one from the ship's supplies instead.

Thank you. I have always asked in the past and one was provided.  Thought that this collapsible vase sounded interesting.  

Terri

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Thank you. I have always asked in the past and one was provided.  Thought that this collapsible vase sounded interesting.  

Terri

They take up no room in suitcase so take my own and then can use in hotel room pre and post cruise, etc.  I take one of 3 different sizes.....

15 minutes ago, basor said:

They take up no room in suitcase so take my own and then can use in hotel room pre and post cruise, etc.  I take one of 3 different sizes.....

I went to a Van Gogh and Monet Immersive Experience and they were being sold in the gift shops.  I wondered why would I need one of those!!! Now I know!! 

2 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

I went to a Van Gogh and Monet Immersive Experience and they were being sold in the gift shops.  I wondered why would I need one of those!!! Now I know!! 

I have had mine for so long that they are just plain blue and clear ...now they have beautiful ones!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, basor said:

Do you get them from Amazon? I searched there and they all seem to be the same size.

9 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Do you get them from Amazon? I searched there and they all seem to be the same size.

I have had them for many years (2011)  and they are not available any more - mine was a set of small, medium and large in plain color....now they are beautiful decorated...

I actually use the large ones the most as I usually buy a bouquet of flowers at a market .

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0029NZ9K2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by basor

34 minutes ago, basor said:

I have had them for many years (2011)  and they are not available any more - mine was a set of small, medium and large in plain color....now they are beautiful decorated...

I actually use the large ones the most as I usually buy a bouquet of flowers at a market .

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0029NZ9K2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought the set of plain ones many moons ago as well.  I think there were four different colors and a vase of each size for each color.  I gave many away to friends and relatives.  Finally had to buy a new one--in the Van Gogh Starry Night design.  I also use them for hotel stays since we tend to fly in early for cruises.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, basor said:

(Seattle's Pike Street Market

FWIW - which is nothing - it's Pike PLACE Market. Try having lunch at Matt's in the Market right across from the flying fish!

12 minutes ago, clo said:

FWIW - which is nothing - it's Pike PLACE Market. Try having lunch at Matt's in the Market right across from the flying fish!

Thank you for the clarification...live in PNW and been there many, many times over the years.

• Like 1

I just ordered a set of Van Gogh vases from Amazon.  Four different patterns.  Will get them tomorrow.  Can t wait.  Will bring them on our November cruise to the Amazon.  Love having flowers in our cabin.

Thanks to all of you for the suggestions.

Terri

• Like 2

Would you believe that I ordered the collapsible vases last night from Amazon and they arrived at 7:35 am today!

On my way home from PT today I am going to stop at the Publix and get some flowers and try it out. I bought a set of four Van Gogh collection.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Would you believe that I ordered the collapsible vases last night from Amazon and they arrived at 7:35 am today!

On my way home from PT today I am going to stop at the Publix and get some flowers and try it out. I bought a set of four Van Gogh collection.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Terri

Cruzin  Terri,

My favorite thing to do when I get to Tahiti is  to go the market and buy a large boquet of flowers..they are gorgeous and different..they usually last the whole trip and Ive never had a problem bringing them on board..

Have a great trip we loved the Amazon ..I assume someone has told you to go the dollar store and get gifts for the children..it was so much fun handing them out..

Jancruz1

Edited by Jancruz