Where are the sales?

I have been a long time Royal Caribbean cruiser and have just started booking on Celebrity since they have expanded the status matching program.  I am very accustomed to price fluctuations on almost a daily basis Royal, both for cruises and excursions, etc. I keep checking my booked cruise price and excursions on Celebrity, and they are always the same. Do they ever have specials?

Not in the recent past....they just keep recycling the 'old' one for months now;  only one time they add $50 then add $100 the next time then revert back...rinse and repeat.  If Royal has the specials I wish they'd filter them over to Celebrity.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Not in the recent past....they just keep recycling the 'old' one for months now;  only one time they add $50 then add $100 the next time then revert back...rinse and repeat.  If Royal has the specials I wish they'd filter them over to Celebrity.

I agree; this stale and so called sale going on with Celebrity is just like a yo-yo that never stops.  It is definitely time for a new and enticing sale for a change if only to break the monotony🤷‍♀️.

• Like 4

Sorry, there are no real sales.  Cruisers think they are saving but when the price increases by 20% and there is a discount that amounts to 10%,  that is obviously  not a savings but it is a so called "sale".  

• Like 1

I found the advertised sales are just gimmicks and have gotten the best deal during non sales.  Repriced my 24 Japan Cruise (2 cabins) 8 times. Never during a sale.  Started at $18k. Got it down to $12k.  Now it’s back at $20k ten months out. 

18 hours ago, RTShaker said:

Unfortunately the strong demand for cruises does not bode well for a real sale. Even the last minute deals aren't always that great.

That is exactly what we are seeing in this past year. Surprised that many ships are sold out, except for the most expensive cabins. Maybe a good last minute sale in the Caribbean, but that's about it.

21 minutes ago, Markanddonna said:

That is exactly what we are seeing in this past year. Surprised that many ships are sold out, except for the most expensive cabins. 

We are on a TA in November 2025 , there is only 2 suites left 

I find suites selling faster than less expensive balconies 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, RTShaker said:

Unfortunately the strong demand for cruises does not bode well for a real sale. Even the last minute deals aren't always that great.

and  this demand includes the Royal crossovers who want to try Celeb but  expect it to be same or similar to Royal.. there are differences!

My wife and I have a cruise this coming January on Constellation that I booked this past March. I was happy with the room price and since then I have been watching pricing, it has never come close to what I purchased the room for. Most days it is $150-$250+ higher pp, this is for an inside room.

The cruise I'm on at the end of the month is more expensive now with the current promotions than what I paid at 120 days out. There must be plenty of rooms because they are offering move up offers at 50% off the original bids. All of these cruise line sails have been nothing but smoke and mirrors even before covid. They are more like a cancelation of a markup. It just boils down to what you are willing to pay and maybe you can find a better price for a similar itinerary on another cruise line.

On 9/4/2024 at 9:21 AM, hcat said:

and  this demand includes the Royal crossovers who want to try Celeb but  expect it to be same or similar to Royal.. there are differences!

I find Royal Caribbeans dynamic pricing worse. When they run kids sail free they just raise the price of the two adults. I have booked both ways. The answer on CC is now that you have 4 sailing in one room you are reserving a room that costs more. Well I just booked 2 rooms in that case and it came out the same. Most people wouldn't go through all that and would just accept that the kids are free.  For the life of me I don't understand the 75% off for the second guest. It's still just 37.5% each in the end.

Booked a 7 day cruise in July on the Equinox for next Feb. in a deluxe veranda for just over $1600.00. 

Looked at prices a few minutes ago to see if any decrease and they had increased by almost $800.00. I can't imagine how high prices must be on the newer ships and longer cruises. I guess we really got a bargain. We were on the M

• Like 1

Last post went through before it was completed. We were on the Mardi Gras in June to be with family and paid almost twice as much as now. That is why normally we never cruise in the summer.

On 9/3/2024 at 12:40 PM, lovethesealife said:

I have been a long time Royal Caribbean cruiser and have just started booking on Celebrity since they have expanded the status matching program.  I am very accustomed to price fluctuations on almost a daily basis Royal, both for cruises and excursions, etc. I keep checking my booked cruise price and excursions on Celebrity, and they are always the same. Do they ever have specials?

My cruise in January had three price reductions since we booked    We have saved almost 400 pp since booking 

• Like 1