Green line? Plus question

Hillmom

1 minute ago, Hillmom said:

Not so long ago - PLUS included shipping your medallion for free.  It that no longer the case?  A quiet degradation of the PLUS package?

No shipping charges for our medallions for our March 2024 Enchanted cruise. 

4 minutes ago, Hillmom said:

Not so long ago - PLUS included shipping your medallion for free.  It that no longer the case?  A quiet degradation of the PLUS package?

As long as you have it shipped within US or Canada no charge if you have the plus package paid for in advance. Ignore any notes you see regarding a charge unless you are ordering clips or other extras. I just ordered some for a cruise in a few weeks no charge

Edited by memoak

That is the reason why I order Plus before boarding rather than waiting to use OBC. I stood in line one time for my medallion and that was enough for me. I’d much rather have them shipped to us.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, coopco said:

That is the reason why I order Plus before boarding rather than waiting to use OBC. I stood in line one time for my medallion and that was enough for me. I’d much rather have them shipped to us.

I order the medallion prior to the cruise and pay the $10. Once on board, I go to guest services and buy Plus, using my OBC. They charge me the price of the package minus $10. I've done it a couple of times with no problem.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, memoak said:

As long as you have it shipped within US or Canada no charge if you have the plus package paid for in advance. Ignore any notes you see regarding a charge unless you are ordering clips or other extras. I just ordered some for a cruise in a few weeks no charge

Thanks for the info!  I didn't realize it was a perk with Plus, so I went back and cancelled, then reordered the medallion and had it shipped it to my house at no charge!

28 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

unless? 

Ignore the note about price if you have a paid package you will not be charged. But you must have paid for the plus first. You cannot book plus not pay for it and then try to order medallion. Just wait till you pay and then order medallion 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, memoak said:

Ignore the note about price if you have a paid package you will not be charged. But you must have paid for the plus first. You cannot book plus not pay for it and then try to order medallion. Just wait till you pay and then order medallion 

That's not the case, in my experience.

Have Premier booked on next two cruises, haven't made any payment yet (final payment isn't due yet), and have ordered my medallion for both cruises, no charge at all. 

YMMV 

29 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

That's not the case, in my experience.

Have Premier booked on next two cruises, haven't made any payment yet (final payment isn't due yet), and have ordered my medallion for both cruises, no charge at all. 

YMMV 

So if you cancel the package do you expect to get charged ?

6 hours ago, coopco said:

What port was that ?
Did you have to stand in a separate line just to receive the medallion ?

We boarded a week ago.

Whilst the passports were checked, and a security photo taken, another person delivered our medallions to us at the same time.

No extra time involved, and easy peasy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tranquility Base said:

What port was that ?

We boarded a week ago.

Whilst the passports were checked, and a security photo taken, another person delivered our medallions to us at the same time.

Agree.  Almost zero time to get our Medallions at the port.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

What port was that ?

We boarded a week ago.

Before they started mailing to Canada addresses there were some long lines for blue lane in Vancouver. Since then not so much

12 hours ago, memoak said:

So if you cancel the package do you expect to get charged ?

I would presume so.

However, if I cancelled the package, for whatever reason, I would also change my order to pick up.. 

I'd also expect my restaurant reservations to be chargeable, should I cancel the package also, at some point..

Edited by reedprincess

10 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

What port was that ?

We boarded a week ago.

I believe it was San Pedro (Port of Los Angeles). Yes, the line was separate. Maybe they have changed things since then but you had to stand in a pretty long line just to pick up your medallion.

16 hours ago, NRWPA said:

I order the medallion prior to the cruise and pay the $10. Once on board, I go to guest services and buy Plus, using my OBC. They charge me the price of the package minus $10. I've done it a couple of times with no problem.

That’s a great idea. Never thought of it but may “steal” your idea for a future cruise!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, coopco said:

That’s a great idea. Never thought of it but may “steal” your idea for a future cruise!

We were on a B2B recently with a lot of OBC so we didn’t purchase the package for the second leg.  Lo and behold, even though we never swapped out our medallion, we were given the $10 credit each when we purchased the package onboard with our OBC.  Nice surprise to say the least.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

We were on a B2B recently with a lot of OBC so we didn’t purchase the package for the second leg.  Lo and behold, even though we never swapped out our medallion, we were given the $10 credit each when we purchased the package onboard with our OBC.  Nice surprise to say the least.  

Did you purchase from Guest Services or can I sign up with a crew member and still get the $10 credit?

8 minutes ago, coopco said:

Did you purchase from Guest Services or can I sign up with a crew member and still get the $10 credit?

I went through a crew member.  Only if you book for the second leg on a B2B or you have paid the $10 for shipping.