Jim_Iain - Live - comparison of Oceania Regatta - Vista Suite to Celebrity Millennium Royal Suite

Jim_Iain

Well it is time for another Adventure!    We will be leaving Saturday, September 14, 2024 on our first adventure on Oceania Regatta. 

I will be doing a Live Post on the Oceania Thread and will post a link once I get it started.  

It is a difficult task to do a heads to head comparison as the two are totally different products.   

First up is a quick video of our Itinerary -

• Like 25

5 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Oh Jim...this is going to be good!  So looking forward to following along.  Safe travels!

Thanks for following along.   I'm starting to get excited.

The suite case is out and I'm starting to lay out stuff to be packed.

• Like 4

Just now, hcat said:

will look for it!

Thanks much.    Should be a fun comparison.    The main reason I selected Millennium for the comparison is that both ships are about the same age and Millennium has been sailing Alaska.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, raudacruise said:

Looking forward to your comparison.  Not only for the information but your trip reports are always a fun read. 😎

Thanks much.   This should be a fun experience.   It is a little scary stepping out of a 24 year comfort zone.  

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, 1Virgo said:

looking forward to you review. In the meantime, happy packing

Thanks.... Had to start by buying a new suite case.    We lost a wheel on one of our bags on the last cruise.  

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Well it is time for another Adventure!    We will be leaving Saturday, September 14, 2024 on our first adventure on Oceania Regatta. 

I will be doing a Live Post on the Oceania Thread and will post a link once I get it started.  

It is a difficult task to do a heads to head comparison as the two are totally different products.   

First up is a quick video of our Itinerary -

Enjoy your cruise! Regatta is a "R" Class ship that's older. I prefer the newer ships like the Vist

6 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

I’ll be following as well! Always enjoy your reports, safe travels! 

It is always nice to fly to Canada.    Will have to pack for chilly and wet conditions.   49F / 9C to  59 /  15C and showers daily for the foreseeable future.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Interesting itinerary.  Looking forward to hearing what it's like on Oceania.

Thanks Linda -    It is an interesting Itinerary -   It could have also be combined with a Mexican Riviera but we had to get back so we could prep for our November Cruises...  I guess it is officially a repositioning cruise for the end of the Alaska Season. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Orator said:

Enjoy your cruise! Regatta is a "R" Class ship that's older. I prefer the newer ships like the Vista.

Tom -

Funny you say that.   We initially booked a cruise on Vista for 2025 but wanted to try out the Oceania product in advance.   The attractive part of this choice is we don't have to fly to the East Coast and back.  

Many on the Oceania board have warned us that the Regatta Class ships are the oldest and a totally different than the Vista Class ships --  That is the reason that I'm comparing it to Millennium Class ships. 

As you know better than I -   there really is no comparison due to the difference in size of ships.

• Like 2

Regatta is about 1/3 of the size Millennium  -   30K Tons vs 91K Tons but about 1/4 the number of cabins 349 vs 1,109 on Millennium.   With 2x per cabin this equates to  698 PAX on Regatta vs 2,218 on Millennium

Slide2.thumb.PNG.00aea71f51cf6544db70ac128c8c8df5.PNG

vs

Slide9.thumb.PNG.54fdc113e17db423de25b4ac8123b8f7.PNG

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks.... Had to start by buying a new suite case.    We lost a wheel on one of our bags on the last cruise.  

oh no. Amazing the condition some cases come back in.   Son-inlaw had pop up handle gone

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

It is always nice to fly to Canada.    Will have to pack for chilly and wet conditions.   49F / 9C to  59 /  15C and showers daily for the foreseeable future.

The majority of your weather will most likely be cooler and wet but I’d pack at least one warmer weather outfit just in case. We did Alaska twice in September and on both cruises we had a few days of sunny and warm. We had some passengers from the UK who only packed cold weather gear and were cleaning out the shops of short sleeved tops! I know you like to walk outdoors so prob wouldn’t hurt to pack one pair of shorts. 

• Like 2