Jim_Iain - Live - comparison of Oceania Regatta - Vista Suite to Celebrity Millennium Royal Suite

Jim_Iain

@Happy Cruiser 6143 and others who don’t drink alcohol.  

Oceania has a huge selection of non-alcohol “booze” used for cocktails. 

never seen or heard of them before. 

The bartender gave me a sample of the amaretto.   It tasted very close to amaretto without the after burn. IMG_6040.thumb.jpeg.589ef6b89a687fbd6f38b3123100f167.jpeg

IMG_6039.thumb.jpeg.2aa8ddfa25cc35ba2c40c93a0b1b10d2.jpeg

IMG_6038.thumb.jpeg.79fa1e3f3b1b41c82d2ff5ac4acf5b14.jpeg

IMG_6039.thumb.jpeg.2aa8ddfa25cc35ba2c40c93a0b1b10d2.jpeg

IMG_6037.jpeg

IMG_6035.jpeg

IMG_6036.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

A feature I like on Ociana is their door sign. They have a card holder mounted on the wall instead of those paper ones on Celebrity. 

It is two sided Privacy Please and Make up Room.  You hut slip it into holder on door. 

IMG_6010.thumb.jpeg.ed6daa4a878ac14cb110eb92abbd879b.jpeg

IMG_6008.thumb.jpeg.bedd7fd2847e8a8fa972a64c0c2bee13.jpeg

IMG_6009.thumb.jpeg.353fa3ac8eaa72ea36d123eba963d3fe.jpeg

• Like 10

9 hours ago, George C said:

Have not seen that in decades, hopefully I won’t in the future. Lots of people say it isn’t the ships size , I don’t believe that. 

They put the seasick bags at the foot of the stairwells twice on our last Millennium cruise.  We did not think it was that bad but apparently others did. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

A feature I like on Ociana is their door sign. They have a card holder mounted on the wall instead of those paper ones on Celebrity. 

On MSC there is a light above the door on the outside of the cabin that lets your butler/assistant butler know if you do not wish to be disturbed or if you would like your room made up.  We find it very convenient as no sign falling off the door knob or magnet to worry about. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

The bartender gave me a sample of the amaretto.   It tasted very close to amaretto without the after burn. 

Amaretto has an after burn?  I thought only 100 proof whiskey did that.  Or cheap scotch.  🤣

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

On MSC there is a light above the door on the outside of the cabin that lets your butler/assistant butler know if you do not wish to be disturbed or if you would like your room made up.  We find it very convenient as no sign falling off the door knob or magnet to worry about. 

Oceania Vista has that as well. New ship new technology. They also had touch free doors to the public restrooms. All you had to do was wave your hand in front of the sensor and the door would open for you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

They have the same on Vista .. not sure of the larger ships.    Ponant also as the lights.... I love them. 

18 minutes ago, SSFrance69 said:

Oceania Vista has that as well. New ship new technology. They also had touch free doors to the public restrooms. All you had to do was wave your hand in front of the sensor and the door would open for you.

I do like the touch free doors.    The doors to the decks can be difficult  to open while at sea.  

• Like 2

I find a big advantage Celebrity has is the Ship in a Ship concept.   I'm sure many that don't sail in suites disagree.  

One thing i do like about Luminae is you have the same Waiter for the entire cruise.  You have the opportunity to get to know the staff.   I would have to say the staff on Regatta work far harder than Celebrity Luminae and they are rushing so much have little time to do more than take your order and deliver it.   In between they are tearing down tables and resetting them with table cloths, Glasses, etc.

I also the Exclusively of a Suites area enjoyable in that you don't need to fight for a place to sit at afternoon tea.   Because of that we have yet to do tea.  

Oceania's business plan is more that all on the ship get almost the same service level regardless of whether you are in a suite or an inside cabin. 

I guess I'm more Orwellian --- all are equal but some are more equal to others.   Saying that there are small unspoken recognition for upper suites.

So far our Butler is OK but due to the many demands / requests of Penthouses we often don't see him for days unless we want something.   I prefer the more intuitive butlers they have on Celebrity in the upper suites.

On Celebrity the Upper Suites do make contact many times a day and just do little things without being requested.    Not really a complaint but an observation.    

• Like 13

6 minutes ago, macaroni said:

You get laundry services, besides self service, on Oceania….we’ve done both.

Yes... you do indeed.    The one advantage Celebrity has is that in the Upper Suites you get unlimited next day pressed and on hanger laundry service and Dry Cleaning.     That is something we will miss on longer cruises.  

With 3 day laundry service we just skipped it...   will have our housekeeper do it when we get home.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I really liked this on MSC

Laura

Edited by Laurab23
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hcat said:

I like Amaretto.. on ships it's  on the rocks.  At home I add some milk.. yummy!

Traveled with another couple (seasoned travelers) on our first two cruises and the husband wasn't much of a drinker, so he would order Amaretto and root beer. He also loved the included ice cream. I told him that his teeth were going to fall out.

• Like 1

Room Service is available 24 hours a day and Celebrity please note no service fee for all classes of service.  

They even have a petite filet. 

at least in our suite we can order from any specialty and have served in courses in our room. 

IMG_6150.thumb.jpeg.f43bbc1ee3b9b63ed7f908ff1f575dd4.jpeg

IMG_6151.thumb.jpeg.efe0e6aa0a224cc4d67929f6ac83bb78.jpeg

IMG_6152.jpeg

IMG_6153.jpeg

IMG_6154.jpeg

IMG_6155.jpeg

IMG_6156.jpeg

IMG_6157.jpeg

IMG_6158.jpeg

IMG_6159.jpeg

IMG_6160.jpeg

IMG_6161.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Princess also has that.  At least Oceania has a "Make up my room" side.  On Celebrity it's just Deep Sleep on both sides.

DH usually puts the Make up room light on when we leave for the morning just to help the room steward know he can come in.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

@Jim_Iain All suites, including the PH, can order from Specialties and have it served in their suite.

What additional perks then come with higher suites or are all perks universal? I guess I am used to the Celebrity system where a bigger (more expensive room) has ‘extras’. This isn’t a criticism of the way Oceania operate, just trying to work out if a bigger room simply just gives you a bigger room…

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, chemmo said:

What additional perks then come with higher suites or are all perks universal? I guess I am used to the Celebrity system where a bigger (more expensive room) has ‘extras’. This isn’t a criticism of the way Oceania operate, just trying to work out if a bigger room simply just gives you a bigger room…

Penthouse Suite Privileges

In addition to Stateroom Amenities

• Complimentary laundry service – up to 3 bags per stateroom+
  • Exclusive card-only access to private Executive Lounge staffed by a dedicated Concierge featuring complimentary soft drinks, coffees and snacks throughout the day
  • 24-hour Butler service
  • Complimentary welcome bottle of Champagne
  • Priority online specialty restaurant reservations
  • Unlimited access to Aquamar Spa Terrace
  • Cashmere lap blankets
  • Complimentary shoeshine service

Owner's Suite Privileges

In addition to Stateroom Amenities

• Complimentary laundry service – up to 3 bags per stateroom+
  • Priority 11 am ship embarkation with priority luggage delivery
  • Exclusive card-only access to private Executive Lounge staffed by a dedicated Concierge featuring complimentary soft drinks, coffees and snacks throughout the day
  • 24-hour Butler service
  • Complimentary in-suite bar setup with 6 full-size bottles of premium spirits and wines from our suite beverage menu
  • Complimentary welcome bottle of Champagne
  • Fresh fruit basket replenished daily
  • Priority online specialty restaurant reservations
  • Unlimited access to Aquamar Spa Terrace

• Like 1