Luggage tag question

ranchette

32 minutes ago, rrraydon said:

No, not at all.

They always have the luggage tags labeled with the lowest loyalty level in the cabin.

I thought it was alphabetical.  At least that is the way it worked for us. My wife and I are D+, and we had cabins with our lower tier family members with different last names.  Luggage tags all had D+.  

4 minutes ago, mandyleighflies said:

We just printed ours for our upcoming Utopia cruise and they printed with my Emerald status versus my husband's Gold status. I'm guessing they do it alphabetically, my name starts with A and his P. 🤷‍♀️

You should call C&A and have your accounts linked so he gets Emerald status as well

• Like 1

8 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I thought it was alphabetical.  At least that is the way it worked for us. My wife and I are D+, and we had cabins with our lower tier family members with different last names.  Luggage tags all had D+.  

You might be right, I've never had D+ on my tags. It's always been something lower and my last name is toward the end of the alphabet.

13 hours ago, Ken at the beach said:

Just to make the guests feel good.  SDome care, some don't.  It's just a status thing.

I'm being argumentative, but -- if the point is to make the guests feel good -- why wouldn't Royal opt to list the higher guest's status on all tags for that room?  

1 hour ago, Mum2Mercury said:

I'm being argumentative, but -- if the point is to make the guests feel good -- why wouldn't Royal opt to list the higher guest's status on all tags for that room?  

Because Royal's IT department is run by a bunch of cross-bred sea slugs who couldn't figure out how to write a simple computer code if their lives depended on it.

(My apologies to sea slugs for the insult.)

15 hours ago, mandyleighflies said:

We just printed ours for our upcoming Utopia cruise and they printed with my Emerald status versus my husband's Gold status. I'm guessing they do it alphabetically, my name starts with A and his P. 🤷‍♀️

If you are in the same cabin, you should have the highest C&A status for both of you on the cruise. Look at the actual reservation and if you have different status, then get your accounts linked together. 

Edited by BirdTravels

Status printed on  the luggage tags is meaningless.   It defaults to the  lowest category of the cabin passengers. Not sure why it is even there, except some people need to feel important because of their C&A status.  Plus, Royal can include it as a "benefit". 

Seems the higher the status, the longer it takes for the luggage to arrive at the cabin.  😀

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

11 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

If you are in the same cabin, you should have the highest C&A status for both of you on the cruise.

Nope, each person in the cabin has their own status, unless linked.  I'm D+, my daughter is D; we have different benefits.

ETA:  I'm referring to C&A status, not luggage tags.

Edited by Another_Critic

20 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Nope, each person in the cabin has their own status, unless linked.  I'm D+, my daughter is D; we have different benefits.

ETA:  I'm referring to C&A status, not luggage tags.

If you daughter is a minor, you both should have the same C&A  status. 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

17 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

If you daughter is a minor, you both should have the same C&A  status. 

Not a minor.  I was just giving an example that people sharing a cabin do not share the higher status. 

I know in the past (not sure if still the case), a cabin mate on Celebrity did share some of the benefits of the higher tier person.

ETA:  I'm not even sure if they had kid -> parent status match when my daughter was <18.  Regardless, I was only Platinum when she turned 18.

Edited by Another_Critic