Four included daily drinks benefit. My wish = Soda Package instead

20 hours ago, CruisinPandora said:

My thoughts:

I don't drink alcohol at all.

I don't drink coffee, juices or soda at all.

I only drink water and herbal teas.

We have recently become Diamond and our wish would be for one Specialty Dinner during a cruise and daily water coupons.

We think that would be a great perks.

We're probably in the minority here.

That would be super  lucky as   D+, and Pinnacle don't get a FREE specialty dinner, they must buy one to get one.  And they don't  get daily water either.   So, either you  want  D  perks better  than the categories higher than yours, or RCCL will have to drastically increase benefits for D+/P  and I don't see that happening. 

I get daily drinks and have NO problem using them for bottles of water, if that is what I prefer.  

M

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

We dont drink either so maybe a little more then one in a hundred. I like your idea but for me would be the refreshment package ie mocktails. Not a lover of the soda drinks at all. 

I'm sure you realize you can use your daily drinks for  mocktails.  There are some delicious ones on the beverage lists on board.   

M

• Like 2

We also do not drink alcohol, looking forward to our first Diamond cruise, 15 days on Anthem from Japan to Seattle next April-May.  Got 60 drinks each, also being diabetic avoid fruit juices and most sodas.  Would prefer the Norwegian perk we get with 2 specialty dinners for 2, but will enjoy our drinks as best we can.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mugtech said:

We also do not drink alcohol, looking forward to our first Diamond cruise, 15 days on Anthem from Japan to Seattle next April-May.  Got 60 drinks each

Just to clarify, you get 4 drinks per day, use them or lose them.

• Like 1

I think the vouchers are great as is— very flexible to meet many individual preferences.  We used to sail on other cruise lines but once the vouchers became a perk, we have opted to sail exclusively with Royal.  We don’t always use all of them, but it definitely is a perk we enjoy.  

We actually had the unlimited soda tumbler included one cruise with our beverage package and years later the tumblers still haven’t been divested of their plastic wrapping and used (I know they aren’t valid for unlimited soda beyond the cruise they are bought on).  We just don’t drink soda.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SUgwoz said:

Royal offered the most flexible option of being 4 free drinks up to $14+tip.

While it seems quite inconvenient, if travelling with someone else just using 1 voucher per day for someone else (which is acceptable) and them buying the soda package for you would be a deal for both as soda package is under $12/day.  Theoretically someone could barter 1 voucher/per day for soda package, and 3 vouchers/day for a dining package if they were creative.

Many times the soda package is on sale @ $8.99 or $9.99 pp/pd. 

On 9/16/2024 at 9:52 AM, Toddcan said:

(Loving the Diet Dr. Pepper with a shot of cherry).     

Just FYI, some of the bars will have two liters of Diet Dr. Pepper, and you can ask they add a shot of grenadine.

As much as I like the idea I can’t see Royal switching from a limited amount of drinks to an unlimited drink package, they would be giving us too much. Financially it would make sense seeing how the 4 drinks total up to almost $60 a day and the soda package pre-cruise price is like $10 a day. We don’t drink alcohol either but I’d be afraid of any changes with all of the cheapening of the cruise experience that has been happening. 

Edited by Ja2012

On 9/16/2024 at 1:20 PM, CruisinPandora said:

My thoughts:

I don't drink alcohol at all.

I don't drink coffee, juices or soda at all.

I only drink water and herbal teas.

We have recently become Diamond and our wish would be for one Specialty Dinner during a cruise and daily water coupons.

We think that would be a great perks.

We're probably in the minority here.

Diamond Pluses don’t get a free speciality restaurant so why would you think a Diamond should get one??? 

16 hours ago, Tolkmit said:

Just FYI, some of the bars will have two liters of Diet Dr. Pepper, and you can ask they add a shot of grenadine.

Excellent, I read that earlier in this thread - I will certainly ask for that on my next cruise. Thanks! 

16 hours ago, Shipof6Fools said:

I do not think Royal would ever change the perk to give you a free drink package. I know several people who are D or D+ and still get the soda package. Royal would loose out on that revenue. 

I know several D+ who still get the deluxe drink package every cruise. Actually cruising with a few of them right now on Allure. 

No one ever said all the drinks must be alcohol and must be used every day.  And remember there are also several 50% off 2 glasses  on some specific  beverages.

The benefits are terrific as provided for various levels, enjoy them while they are offered, as we've all seen changes throughout the years. With few exceptions, change usually equals a decrease in a benefit. 

There are many benefits that go unused, and I never hear wishes for substitutions.   I can hear it now, "I did use (take your pick) the photo, the internet, the spa discount, the logo wear discount, the dinner  BOGO, the bingo card, the wash and fold, dry cleaning discount, youth arcade credits,  ... so give me something else in its place." 

I enjoy what I am offered and am happy.   I have seen many cuts over the years. 

M

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Contemplate whatever drink package you think matches a given loyalty status, but DON’T take away the four or more vouchers per day for Diamond and above.

I think things are good the way they are.

Did anyone suggest taking anything away?

1 minute ago, LobsterStalker said:

This whole thread suggests taking something away , cuz that's what would happen if they start making 'changes' to it !

No, it's not about taking anything away.  It's about providing an option for those that don't drink alcohol.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

No, it's not about taking anything away.  It's about providing an option for those that don't drink alcohol.  

There is an option, vouchers can be used for anything including non-alcoholic drinks. Just to maximize the benefit you would want to spend it on $14 drinks which is typically alcohol.

Edited by SUgwoz
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SUgwoz said:

There is an option, vouchers can be used for anything including non-alcoholic drinks. Just to maximize the benefit you would want to spend it on $14 drinks which is typically alcohol.

I realize that and agree with what you say.  I was just pointing out that nobody in this thread has suggested taking anything away.

9 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

I realize that and agree with what you say.  I was just pointing out that nobody in this thread has suggested taking anything away.

I think people are just protective of it as it's a generous perk that is not really replicated elsewhere and have a fear it could be removed.  Like a jinx, is it logical, nope, but nobody wants to find out either. 

• Like 1

I read the title of the thread to mean taking something away.  OP would like the perk to change from the vouchers, to soda package instead.  Maybe if the wording was changed to “allow four uses of the soda machine as one of the voucher options” then it wouldn’t be taking anything away.  Plain and simple for me.  If the vouchers go away, then Royal becomes just one of the lines we consider, vs the line we always book. 

• Like 1