Do people still hand out business cards on cruise ships

expectthebest

13 minutes ago, expectthebest said:

lol I should be!! He tried selling me at my kitchen table and after an hour I said ok where do I sign.. I was his 3rd client at the time

Ron is a true genius.  Just imagine how much more receptive people will be on the ship.  Relaxing at the Schooner Bar, drink in hand, music in the background... that's a story book, man!  I think this tactic will go down in the annals of life insurance consultants as something to be studied for decades to come.  Ignore the naysayers and encourage Ron to go full steam ahead with this...he's going to need a lot more than 500 business cards!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, malba2366 said:

If this clown tried to sell me life insurance on a cruise, he would be the last person I ever purchase it from.

So, you’re saying Ron did his job and sold you the final life policy you’ll need. I think Ron would be proud to have sold you that policy to meet your family’s needs. 

• Like 1

This has to be a windup? If somebody approached me on a cruise trying to sell me a product not being provided by the cruise company, I’d be straight to Guest services to complain. It’s bad enough being pestered to buy drink and dining packages. I’d expect your friend to be asked to desist immediately, or be put off the ship at the next port if he didn’t.
If he had got into conversation with another passenger, discussed his occupation and been actively asked for a card, that would be entirely permissible. As for dressing up, is he trying to look like a spiv? I would expect any of the ‘high value’ customers he is seeking would already have all their financial arrangements in order, and suspect anyone bringing up such matters over dinner on a cruise of being a crook and a scam artist! And of spoiling their vacation time.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 3CatsInMA said:

Ron is a true genius.  Just imagine how much more receptive people will be on the ship.  Relaxing at the Schooner Bar, drink in hand, music in the background... that's a story book, man!  I think this tactic will go down in the annals of life insurance consultants as something to be studied for decades to come.  Ignore the naysayers and encourage Ron to go full steam ahead with this...he's going to need a lot more than 500 business cards!

He should book cruises at the last minute.  Specifically sailings during hurricane season - like ships sailing  into the path of storms.  His clients might be more eager to pay for coverage for the ones at home. 😁

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, expectthebest said:

So to be fair.. Ron does actually work with a very reputable life insurance company. I cannot say the name per se on these boards but I will tell you this. The insurance company only works with very high net worth clients.. up until a few years ago they would never advertise and only existed through a very influential referral. If one was to ever receive a call from this company it simply means you have “made it” and were a captain of your industry.. a pillar in your community.. a trusted individual that keeps his cards near and dear to his vest. I can only tell you that for about 175 years they have been known as “the quiet company”. Do not google the slogan for you may reveal the name of said company. It may upset you if you know someone who works for this company but has never reached out to you.

No offence to the wonderful people that cruise on RCI, but if Ron wants to sell to "very high net worth clients" maybe he should look at sailing with a luxury cruise line.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, expectthebest said:

Ron does actually work with a very reputable life insurance company. I cannot say the name per se on these boards but I will tell you this. The insurance company only works with very high net worth clients..

I highly doubt that "high net worth clients" are buying insurance off some rando on a mainstream cruise line. This story gets shadier and less believable by the minute. 🤣

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

I highly doubt that "high net worth clients" are buying insurance off some rando on a mainstream cruise line. This story gets shadier and less believable by the minute. 🤣

Yet people keep buying into the story allowing the OP to continue his ruse.

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, expectthebest said:

So to be fair.. Ron does actually work with a very reputable life insurance company. I cannot say the name per se on these boards but I will tell you this. The insurance company only works with very high net worth clients.. up until a few years ago they would never advertise and only existed through a very influential referral. If one was to ever receive a call from this company it simply means you have “made it” and were a captain of your industry.. a pillar in your community.. a trusted individual that keeps his cards near and dear to his vest. I can only tell you that for about 175 years they have been known as “the quiet company”. Do not google the slogan for you may reveal the name of said company. It may upset you if you know someone who works for this company but has never reached out to you.

You have me convinced. Ron sounds like an eager, ambitious & hard working person who is very intelligent and not afraid to think outside the box.  That is the kind of person I like doing business with.

I am also a very high net worth individual. I don't want to reveal to much personal info here but my real initials are E.J.F and I own a mansion and a yacht. I would very much like to be placed in contact with Ron. Please let me know how I can forward my mailing address, phone #, bank account #, SS#, mothers maiden name, etc so I can continue to do business with this trusted individual.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, puppycanducruise said:

No offence to the wonderful people that cruise on RCI, but if Ron wants to sell to "very high net worth clients" maybe he should look at sailing with a luxury cruise line.

He should sail Star Class, to meet fellow high value guests. He could probably expense his cruise as well. 😜

• Like 1

Maybe we are looking at this wrong…

Ron should bring his “support” dog on the ship.  When people stop to pet it, he could then promote pet insurance.  

People spend tons on their pets.  I think he’d have more in pet insurance sales than the equivalent of human policies.  His dog would also be the ice breaker VS a cold call. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, expectthebest said:

The word “quiet” gave it away…. I guess we must  appear to be rich….. or that’s their hook…..making people feel so special they will buy their product…..we didn’t take the bait, I saw right through it.

Edited by lovesthebeach2
  • Like 1

On 9/24/2024 at 10:56 PM, neverbeenhere said:

1) religion

2) politics

These are my only 2.  We were on Symphony back in 2019 and I seen this Canadian guy walking around everywhere, stopping random stranger and asking, "What do you think of Trump"  When I told him I don't discuss politics on a cruise he got real angry, thought he was going to hit me, then he stormed off with an actual huff and went to the next person. 

It wasn't on a cruise, but at a Hibachi restaurant when someone asked me if I have accepted Jesus as my savior.  He didn't accept my "I don't talk religon" reply and kept going, so I told him I worshipped Satan and can I have a small personal article of his to use in a ceremony. (A lie by the way)

I make it a habit not to discuss US politics while on vacation. I am happy to listen to people from other countries talk about their politics because I learn a lot. Religion can be a touchy subject: I am happy to converse with people who share my religious beliefs, but people who just want to start an argument? No, thanks. I read something online a while back that I liked and I'm paraphrasing here: "it's not that we should avoid discussing religion and politics. We need to find a way to discuss these things in a civil manner." Now, chair hogging, hash browns and bacon? Thems fightin' words! 🤣

• Haha 1

On 9/25/2024 at 4:22 AM, expectthebest said:

Now he did mention going to the dining room earlier and placing his business cards on a few tables as they are being set maybe position them around the butter dish? I suggested that may work because it’s more low key and if someone sees the business cards while reaching for butter it may spark a conversation

Probably will be kicked off the ship if he does that.

• Like 1

So Ron just called me at work.. which was good because I needed a break to destress.. I kinda like giving him advice and offering him perspective. That said, he hits me with this idea which on its face seems pretty genius.. he said he will make a “by invitation only flyer” inviting select passengers to the main dining room for a free breakfast life insurance seminar. He said he would keep it short maybe 20 mins.. he said maybe the cruise director could pump the crowd up a bit and then introduce Ron to the crowd. Ron said he would consider charging the entire breakfast to his shipboard account and use his business credit card to pay for the breakfast. Now I know what you are thinking.. do it on a sea day.. my thoughts exactly. I told him it simply must be a sea day when the CD does not have much on his/ her plate. He said he would prob only need 6-7 tables and maybe some chairs against the walls so the crowd has a place to sit for a bit. I mean.. he is trying to make it very easy for the passengers to get to know him and footing the bill in the main dining room seems like a small price to pay to get his name out there.

• Haha 1

No one's ever tried to do business with me on a cruise -- it would strike me as odd and not a little desperate.  

Plus, most business people need to be in your general area, which wouldn't be true for the vast majority of cruisers.

Edited by Mum2Mercury

This reminds of a college business class in the 70's.  The assignment was to buy a new car for as low as possible.  One guy made up business cards, etc for a fake company.  He proposed to buy a fleet of cars and the dealership included a car for free. 

If the goal here is to achieve a certain number of replies or views I'm happy to have contributed.

3 hours ago, expectthebest said:

So Ron just called me at work.. which was good because I needed a break to destress.. I kinda like giving him advice and offering him perspective. That said, he hits me with this idea which on its face seems pretty genius.. he said he will make a “by invitation only flyer” inviting select passengers to the main dining room for a free breakfast life insurance seminar. He said he would keep it short maybe 20 mins.. he said maybe the cruise director could pump the crowd up a bit and then introduce Ron to the crowd. Ron said he would consider charging the entire breakfast to his shipboard account and use his business credit card to pay for the breakfast. Now I know what you are thinking.. do it on a sea day.. my thoughts exactly. I told him it simply must be a sea day when the CD does not have much on his/ her plate. He said he would prob only need 6-7 tables and maybe some chairs against the walls so the crowd has a place to sit for a bit. I mean.. he is trying to make it very easy for the passengers to get to know him and footing the bill in the main dining room seems like a small price to pay to get his name out there.

You are unbelievable, figuratively and literally. I can't believe the number of people that are falling for your bullsh!t. I will give you credit for thinking up more crap every time you come here to post.