Carnival Cruise Packing List

pma29223

We're going on our first cruise in June of next year. There will be three people in my room. ME, my husband, and my 13 year old daughter. I need a really good packing list. I don't want to leave anytime behind. I use to have one but I don't know what happened to it. Can you suggest a really good packing list? Thank you

A few band aids - they cost an arm and a leg from guest services. And just leave them in your suitcase for future use

basic OTC meds

black market plastic straws. Their candy ones are horrible

half the clothes that you think you need

A yeti type cup to carry beverages around in 

Edited by Gamecock_Cruiser
  • Like 2

Elegant Attire, if participating

Jacket, if cruising in the winter

Sandals

Shirt x number of days you’re cruising

Shorts x number of days you’re cruising

Tennis shoes

Swimsuit x 2

Hat

Aloe Vera Gel

Lip balm with SPF

Reef-safe sunscreen (SPF 30 or higher)

Deodorant

Cologne / Perfume

Yeti / Reusable cup

Camera with batteries & charger

Empty suitcase/duffle bag

Extra contacts/glasses, contact solution

Feminine products

Headphones

Kindle loaded with books if you're a reader

Netflix movies downloaded on device

Phone & watch chargers

Power strip (no surge protectors)

Snacks

Plastic Straws

Wine

Passport/ID

Travel insurance information saved to your phone

Boarding pass for the ship

Transportation tickets (plane, train, etc.) downloaded to your phone

First aid kit

Prescription medications

OTC medications (Tylenol, Benedryl, etc)

Band-Aids

Sea-sickness meds

• Like 1

Here's ours (the order is messed up, as I have different categories in my spreadsheet):

Passports

Driver's licenses

Cash

Phones

Boarding passes

Books

Kindles

Laptop

Charging hub and charging cables

Confirmations of anything prebooked

Magnetic hooks

Charging hub

Travel insurance info

Sunglasses

Lanyards

Luggage tags

Hats

Sunscreen

ATM card

Credit cards

Waterproof phone pouches and lanyards

Magnetic door decorations

Reading glasses

Laundry pods

Bounce

Eye glass cleaner

Nail clippers

Conditioner

Shampoo

Soap

Deodorant

Hairbrush

Contact lenses case and fluid

Sunscreen

Floss

Mouthwash

Toothbrushes and charger

Toothpaste

Water shoes

Crocs/flip flops

Dress shoes

Pillows

Fanny packs

Goggles

Eye glass cases

Bottles of wine

Swimwear

Active wear

Dinner casual wear

Elegant night wear

PJs

Socks

Underwear

• Like 1

A "Go Bag" in case something happens with your flights and you get separated from your luggage and have to stay in a hotel!  (We learned this the HARD way!) I just pack a backpack with:

a change of clothes for each of us

prescriptions needed

Phone charging cords and a way to charge

Basic toiletry items

Travel docs

You'd be surprised how long you can "survive" with just these basics...maybe you'll need to purchase a few items if it's for an extended period of time but the odds of that are (I feel) pretty low.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, pma29223 said:

I need a really good packing list.

a lot will depend on the destination. Which region are you sailing in?

We only sail in the Caribbean, and, coincidentally, we also have a 13 yo kiddo. He is male, so crocs are worn everywhere.

Here is my list (I added some commentary for you specifically since I already know where I use Lysol wipes or masks, or bring snacks to). I literally go down the list as I pack and mark everything off as I pack it.

Passports, wallet, credit card, cash, itinerary printouts, plastic cruise card holders on lanyards
Masks to use on the plane
Medications (peptobismol, echinacea, cough, ibuprofen, prescriptions, antidiarrhea, laxative, cold meds, thermometer, afrin, dramamine, first aid items) - we usually end up with 4 gallon sized ziplock bags for a week's worth of cruising.
Lysol wipes to wipe the cabin surfaces and plane seats/flip table/arm rests
SPF lotions and sprays
Swimming suits, trunks, rashguard, sunhats, beach bags
Sunglasses
Swim ring, nose clip and goggles
Water masks
Shoes: flip flops or crocs, sandals, sneakers, proper MDR shoes, water shoes
Charging cables, phones, tablet and tablet holder, night light
Truvia, thermos cup, water bottle, zip lock bags for snacks to take onshore (not on Cozumel)
Shorts, underwear, pjs, t-shirts, pants
Toothbrushes, hair brush, toiletries

Books and download movies/books on the tablet
Water and heat on vacation, unplug everything, turn off computers, take out trash, drop dogs off at sitter

We pack all the meds, electronics and documents/cash/printouts into the 3 backpacks and carry them on the plane.

I also pack one pair of underwear, one sunhat, one swimming suit/trunks, one pair of flip flops and a toothbrush per person into the carry-on backpacks on the way to the cruise. This is just in case the luggage gets lost. On the way back everything goes into the suitcases...

• Like 1

I suggest you cross pack the checked-in bags. A bit of your clothing, DH’s clothing ,and a bit of DD’s clothing in each of the individual suitcases.

That way, if one bag is lost/ misplaced, there will be clothing available for all of you.

As for “elegant “ night-don’t overthink or overpack. Whatever the evening is labeled, it will be casual. Perhaps a pair of long pants and a dress shirt for DH, a simple dress for you and DD with sandals, ballet flats or plain heels. Gone are the days of full out formal wear.

MJ

• Like 1

when i used to follow the fashion & beauty board, there were always threads by folks with packing lists and spreadsheets that planned out days and color coordination. You can get as in depth as you dare, if you do a search...

Just remember that, especially on a cruise, nobody is going to notice or remember that you wore something twice.

Someone gave me this advice on these boards and I live by it. You don't need to pack as much as you think for most itineraries (with the exception of Alaska/Iceland/transatlantic crossings) and you'll be grateful to have some extra room for souvenirs.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pma29223 said:

We're going on our first cruise in June of next year. There will be three people in my room. ME, my husband, and my 13 year old daughter. I need a really good packing list. I don't want to leave anytime behind. I use to have one but I don't know what happened to it. Can you suggest a really good packing list? Thank you

Hello @pma29223

Since you state you are going on your first cruise, your new thread has been moved to the First Time Cruisers forum where it will be on topic. Also, other first timers may benefit from the replies in this thread. 

Perhaps something in this Cruise Critic article will be helpful to all reading this thread: The Ultimate Printable Cruise Packing List

Happy sails,

Host Kat

Just pack as you would for any summer resort style vacation. Be sure to include all prescription and likely daily use OTC meds.  But IMO it is very easy to overpack and I would suggest bringing less clothes and more cash. 

And, yes, the ships are cashless, but the point being to budget for more additional spending, in particular off the ship, as you typically will spend more than planned.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

please keep in mind, if you forgot to pack something, you can always make a purchase on shore. Don't stress over packing all the what ifs, just pack the neccesities.  But do pack a flat folding travel tote.  You can use it to go to beaches ( out your towels in), use it t bring back souveniers or extra things that no longer fit in your overpacked luggage.

After over 30 cruises

I agree, split your list by category

Critical

Passeport

Credit cards

Carry on

Electronics

Wires

Change of cloth

If you travel often

I like to split my medicine cabinet with travel stuff

Then, easy to gather when I go