NEW VC TIER BLUE DIAMOND

sidari

1 hour ago, LostAtSeaForever said:

That included drink package and obc.

Aurea used to much better. A few years ago, MSC stripped the included massage and the included drink package from Aurea. With so many cruise promotions/sales including a drink package, the lost inclusion is not missed in most cases.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, no1talks said:

Aurea used to much better. A few years ago, MSC stripped the included massage and the included drink package from Aurea. With so many cruise promotions/sales including a drink package, the lost inclusion is not missed in most cases.

Before that in Aurea it was easy to upgrade to the top drink package that also included the mini bar. 

• Like 1

Just now, sidari said:

Before that in Aurea it was easy to upgrade to the top drink package that also included the mini bar. 

How I miss Premium Plus. 🥴😆

The only perk in Aurea for us is Anytime dining.  Now it looks like we’d have that even if we were to book a Bella Inside. 😜

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SirWolf said:

What’s wrong with an orphaned link ?

As you probably know it’s common practice to upload webpages and files that are not linked yet while in development.

The change of VC levels will be effective 07. November 2024 which leaves enough time to upload the PDF to every MSC country specific website and link the file to the VC main page.

Without being political- in case its passed your being: israel is at war. So its very typical for an international company to consider special provision for a country in conflict. It doesn't follow that this is going to get published or indeed was intended for publication until officially confirmed then i would treat as a rumor.

2 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

The only perk in Aurea for us is Anytime dining.

The Aurea deck areas are usually underutilized and therefore quite peaceful, which is nice. The downside is the bar may be left closed and drink service becomes a challenge. In that situation, I would try to make arrangements (pre-tip) with a staffer from another bar to make scheduled visits up to Top 19.

Another under-the-radar highlight of Aurea: The precious few two-bedroom, two-bathroom suites on the Sea-class ships. Those suites also have a dining table! If only MSC would just come up with some dining options to make dinner in one's room worthwhile, other than pizza.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Ryan82 said:

Without being political- in case its passed your being: israel is at war. So its very typical for an international company to consider special provision for a country in conflict. It doesn't follow that this is going to get published or indeed was intended for publication until officially confirmed then i would treat as a rumor.

** Off-topic **

Everybody is entitled to their opinion

.. but I would appreciate if you would leave your cynical remarks out of your postings.

• quote “Read what i said”

• quote “in case its passed your being”

This message board is known for valuable contributions and source of information.

Users are complying with forum rules and respect each other.

Respect goes a long way. Thank you.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ryan82 said:

Well MSC have not rushed to deny it!

One of the ‘benefits’ is flexible arrival in port. 🙄  Our experience is that arrival times have never been enforced.  Can’t see any ‘benefit’ to this one.  Looks like they were trying to give the appearance of a long list of benefits when throwing this one in. 

IMG_9469.thumb.png.1c1ad70c8ea554fdbd6bed0d86729e47.png

Here’s another doozy

IMG_9471.thumb.jpeg.a40099939ead8bce8b34ead42c6ad2ef.jpeg

• Like 2

Something strange is going on, yesterday the VC said I had 31100 pts and diamond.  Today I looked and it says 11100 pts and still Diamond.  Originally Matched to gold and have done three YC with spending to get points.  I have two more booked and when I booked onboard they explained I get extra points and I explained not any real benefits except a specialty dinner at Diamond, he said they may be expanding the point levels because of all the matching, and said there may be more benefits coming.

I do not see any real benefits in this possible blue diamond change, specifically for YC cruisers.  I agree with others that adding YC features to BD cruisers takes away from YC and makes me look at aurea or other cats with those benefits at BD.

I did work to get to a top level with NCL, but then they took away so many items, such as specialty dining number of meals with cruise and jacked the prices up.  That is why I have switched to MSC for YC.

I have had some trouble upgrading next YC cruise and am questioning some of MSC's operation, including this possible change.

3 hours ago, Rfemle said:

Something strange is going on, yesterday the VC said I had 31100 pts and diamond.  Today I looked and it says 11100 pts and still Diamond.  Originally Matched to gold and have done three YC with spending to get points.  I have two more booked and when I booked onboard they explained I get extra points and I explained not any real benefits except a specialty dinner at Diamond, he said they may be expanding the point levels because of all the matching, and said there may be more benefits coming.

I do not see any real benefits in this possible blue diamond change, specifically for YC cruisers.  I agree with others that adding YC features to BD cruisers takes away from YC and makes me look at aurea or other cats with those benefits at BD.

I did work to get to a top level with NCL, but then they took away so many items, such as specialty dining number of meals with cruise and jacked the prices up.  That is why I have switched to MSC for YC.

I have had some trouble upgrading next YC cruise and am questioning some of MSC's operation, including this possible change.

As a result of your post I went on-line and took pics of each of our status as of today. Under “Membership info” it says we are Diamond and have 20,000+ points - (the strange thing is under “My points” it has a much lesser amount) - all this to say I wanted to document that we are Diamond and each have 20,000+ points.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, cellfree said:

As a result of your post I went on-line and took pics of each of our status as of today. Under “Membership info” it says we are Diamond and have 20,000+ points - (the strange thing is under “My points” it has a much lesser amount) - all this to say I wanted to document that we are Diamond and each have 20,000+ points.

The bar graph for my name doesn't match the actual number of points/level. The "words" are correct (for now) but taking screenshots is a good idea.

• Like 3

Here's why the I think the VC numbers don't match up with the graphs, and I'll use my own numbers as an illustration.

As you can see, I have 17,200 VC points (Diamond), but the chart shows me as Gold.  But once they modify the chart's categories, as I've attempted to do, it will make more sense.

In other words, what now reads 4300 points Gold, will instead read 10,000 points Diamond.  What now shows as 10,000 points Diamond will instead read 25,000 points Blue Diamond.

So the chart seems to be accurately tracking the modified Voyager's Club program, but they haven't adjusted the text on the tiers' legends just yet.IMG_1549.jpg

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Ryan82 said:

Unless I'm behind the curve all thats been published is a pdf from MSC israel domain? Thats otherwise orphaned and has no links pointing to it (checked Screaming frog).

At this time there's still an active link(s) on the Israeli MSC website directing to the Voyagers Club pdf posted in this thread.

24 minutes ago, Até said:

At this time there's still an active link(s) on the Israeli MSC website directing to the Voyagers Club pdf posted in this thread.

That's not an official announcement its a pdf document not linked to from any site nor repeated on any other msc sites so far...

4 minutes ago, Ryan82 said:

That's not an official announcement its a pdf document not linked to from any site nor repeated on any other msc sites so far...

It is linked to on the official MSC Israeli website. 

Go to this MSC website and click the button shown.

Screenshot_20241021_141233_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f9baaa2ca51331b40071e0e73680eea4.jpg

https://msccruises.co.il/en/manage-booking/msc-voyagers-club/members-benefits/

Edited by Até

As an FYI, I just spoke with my MSC Concierge to book a cruise for next fall and he said they had a meeting this morning about the Blue Diamond level. He confirmed it would require 25,000 points and would start on November 7. He said he did not know all the details, but MSC should be sending out information prior to November 7.

• Like 1