New latitudes program?

living at the beach

I’m booked for a 14 day cruise in

January on the Perl. I tried to book 2 extra meals before the changes to add to my Sapphire dinner benefits. Seemed to go through, because my credit card was charged, but haven’t checked back yet with NCL if I will keep them or if I will just get a refund. 
 But meanwhile I wanted to check on my Lattitudes benefits to see if I’ll at least have those dinners. When I tried to check, I got a notice about the “new lattitudes program”. I watched a video that was provided that didn’t give any details. Has anyone one information about this?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Anyone wanna bet on what's going to not going to happen with this perk

Concierge Service to assist you with specialty restaurant, entertainment and ...

I will be crushed if the Concierge Service perk goes away.  🙂  

Honestly, a revamp may be good.  In my opinion there is WAY too much of a spread between Sapphire and Diamond and an almost unachievable spread between Diamond an Ambassador.  I recently hit Sapphire, and honestly (again in my little opinion), it offers very little over Platinum (and Platinum is a good place to be due mainly to the 2 additional specialty dining vouchers).

Maybe throw unlimited WIFI into the Sapphire bucket?

The odds of me hitting Diamond are about 1% and odds of me hitting Ambassador are .0213%.  And for me, that is just fine.  If I can afford enough cruises to hit those those levels than a 'free room upgrade' or free 'one time cruise' are not terribly relevant perks.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

I would not throw any “enhanced” benefits to anyone less than Diamond.

And have Ambassadors get perks like top tier CAS members: Free Steaming Wi-Fi. Free drinks package. Free Starbucks package. Free water package. Free Behind the Scenes tour (the real one that includes the engine control room and bridge). Free daily service charges. $500 shore ex credit. $1000 non-refundable OBC. 3 bottles of wine or treats. Limo service to/from ship. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 5

I wouldn't be surprised if cruise line's loyalty program will start to have yearly/bi-yearly requirements like the airline's loyalty program. Currently you get the Latitude status for lifetime. Now you can start to see that on some cruises, almost half of the passengers are platinum and above! How can the cruise line adds more perks when the number of elite members keeps increasing on every cruise? It's not sustainable in the long run.  

46 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

And have Ambassadors get perks like top tier CAS members: Free Steaming Wi-Fi. Free drinks package. Free Starbucks package. Free water package. Free Behind the Scenes tour (the real one that includes the engine control room and bridge). Free daily service charges. $500 shore ex credit. $1000 non-refundable OBC. 3 bottles of wine or treats. Limo service to/from ship. 

That's some serious dreaming, right there.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, One More for the Road said:

I envision future Platinum getting revamped, and harder to achieve

Platinum takes a pretty high level of commitment to NCL, and once there, offers a substantial upgrade in benefits. The problem is, once you cruise Platinum a time or two, there's really no incentive to continue. Sapphire is another equally high commitment with no significant additional benefit.

I think NCL would do well to make it easier for Platinum members to continue sailing with more incentive to do so -- making Sapphire easier to reach, with substantially more benefits.

I know, I'm dreaming like a Bird. Never gonna happen.

• Like 5

Per the expanded FAQ at the bottom of https://www.ncl.com/cruise-deals/more-at-sea

1) Additional dining night packages will no longer be offered for purchase, however any previously purchased dining nights will be honored onboard. Guests who would like to dine at specialty restaurants beyond the number of dining nights included with the More at Sea™ or guests who are not taking advantage of More At Sea™ can eat at specialty restaurants by paying the cover charge at the respective restaurants.

2) The Free At Sea offerings will be replaced with More At Sea™, but the structure of the Latitude program will remain unchanged.

10 hours ago, dhanakorn said:

I wouldn't be surprised if cruise line's loyalty program will start to have yearly/bi-yearly requirements like the airline's loyalty program.

I believe some of them do!  I think it's MSC or Virgin, or one of the higher end cruise lines.

1 hour ago, v3cruiser said:

I hope it doesnt change too much. It finally cruised platinum this year. We really like the laundry and dining perks. The almost three years no cruise because of covid didnt help. 

It isn’t changing at all. The thing the OP saw is a leftover from the last change. As usual NCLs website is a few years behind.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, hallux said:

I believe some of them do!  I think it's MSC or Virgin, or one of the higher end cruise lines.

I have had MSC's Diamond Status for years.  I also haven't sailed them for years.  They keep "re-upping" my status, which was status matched with NCL to begin with.  LOL!