Who's Your Captain & Cruise Director?

C 2 C

Just got off the Century, Capt. Pagonis was there, but the cruise director was a gal named Halsey. Don.t have a last name

Halsey was the activities manager while we were onboard last month. Dru must be on holidays or in transit.

Hi Andy:

Captain Pagonis just returned as Master of Century October 6th. We were told that he had been slated to go to Summit but came back to Century after cleaning out all his belongings when he left for his last holiday.

Hi....he doesn't look old enough to drive a car, let alone

a ship;) :eek: :D

Halsey was the activities manager while we were onboard last month. Dru must be on holidays or in transit.

Hi Arno !

Before you go changing the lists around..... :)

I think Rick had mentioned there was a CD meeting at the Celebrity offices in Miami this week. I am guessing the Assistant CD's were all acting CD's on the ships this week.

I know Dru is scheduled to be on Century right now. As Century left Miami today, he is back onboard now.

Hi....he doesn't look old enough to drive a car, let alone

a ship;) :eek: :D

Hi Lois !

I have to tell you... We sailed with Captain Pagonis last year, and he was one of the most friendly and personable Captains we have ever seen with Celebrity. He also hosted a VERY informative Question and Answer session in the theater, which I thought was a nice touch. After the presentation, he spent extra time talking to those who had additional questions.

It is very clear that he cares about his work, and that his passengers and crew are very happy. I am thrilled that Captain Pagonis is the current Master of Century. I look forward to sailing on his ship on 11/27.

Hi Arno !

Before you go changing the lists around..... :)

I think Rick had mentioned there was a CD meeting at the Celebrity offices in Miami this week. I am guessing the Assistant CD's were all acting CD's on the ships this week.

I know Dru is scheduled to be on Century right now. As Century left Miami today, he is back onboard now.

There was a Captain's Club rep meeting in MIA this past week. I don't know about the CD's.

Since no-one responded, I would like to ask again, does anyone know the length of the Captains' contracts?

Do they work 4 months on, 1 month off? as an example...anyone know? Thanks.

I know for the general crew it is usually 8 months on and 2 months off.....

Captains are now doing three months on three months off. There was a meeting starting 13 Nov at Miami for Cruise Directors can confirm that. Not sur it involved Captains Club staff but they are awaiting there one. There was talk of new itineraries based on the use of some of the boats bought from the Spanish company and the CDs were going to be briefed onthis, so anyone going cruising now might be able to get info from their CDs to post here

There was a meeting starting 13 Nov at Miami for Cruise Directors can confirm that. Not sur it involved Captains Club staff but they are awaiting there one. There was talk of new itineraries based on the use of some of the boats bought from the Spanish company and the CDs were going to be briefed onthis, so anyone going cruising now might be able to get info from their CDs to post here

Hi Uktog !

I will certainly make sure to see what I can find out. I am on 2 different Celebrity ships over the next 2 weeks. Hopefully, I will have some updates when I get back !

Since no-one responded, I would like to ask again, does anyone know the length of the Captains' contracts?

Do they work 4 months on, 1 month off? as an example...anyone know? Thanks.

I know for the general crew it is usually 8 months on and 2 months off.....

I intend on finding out how much the captain contracts differ between RCCL and X when we are aboard Mercury next month. RCCl is going to a new schedule for their masters, starting in Januray with rotations of 10 weeks on and 10 weeks off. Of course.......if any reliever wants a slightly different schedule........they work it out amoungst themselves.

Rick

Sounds like this could be a very fluid list if they are going to 3 on 3 off. Make me wonder who we will see in March on Millie. I was really hoping John Howell would be there then, but it looks like he may not be with the new scheduling.

I guess I'll need to stay tuned.

The current Captain is Michael Karatzas, Cruise Director is Nick Weir, Hotel Director is Renato Chizzola. (Millennium TA)

Floris

[b]SHIP            MASTER  ~ Temporary Master              Date[/b]
Century         Nicolas Pagonis                         Oct 6 to Nov 9   
Constellation   Y.Papanikolaou                          Sep 25
Galaxy          Michail Margaritis                      Sep 4                
Infinity        Dimitrios Kafetzis                      Aug 27             
Mercury         Nickos Frantzis                         Oct 30
Millennium      Michael Karatzas                        Dec 1
Summit          Iannis Berdos                           Nov 11        
Zenith          Isidoros Karamaounas                    Oct 28

[b]SHIP            [/b][b]CRUISE DIRECTOR    DATE[/b][color=Black][color=DarkSlateBlue]
[color=Black]Century         Dru Pavlov         12/01      
Constellation   ?
Galaxy          Shawn Cavanah
Infinity        [/color][/color][/color][color=Black]Damian DeLorenzis  12/01
Mercury         Stewart Turnbull   10/30 [/color][color=Black]
Millennium      Nick Weir          12/01
Summit          ?
Zenith          Jeff Potts         10/28
[/color]

Hi Arno !

Don Fluke is now the CD on Constellation. He just arrived about 2 weeks ago, so he should be there for a while. I thought you might want to update the list.

Archived