Past Passenger Rates

muffydawg

Am exploring booking an "X" cruise next summer. Does "X" consider prior voyages on Royal Carribean as eligible for past passenger rates on "X"?

Are coin operated laundry facilities available on "X" like they are on Princess?

Have read that "X" has three seatings for dinner. Can an experienced "X" cruiser confirm?

You would have to join the Captains Club to get past passenger rates. Call Celebrity and make sure you get a number, it must be given at time of booking. The rates are nothing real great, a one category upgrade from inside to inside or outside to outside, no veranda, concierge, or suite rates for Captains Club.

No self service laundry facilites fleetwide on Celebrity. Below is a link to rates.

There are only two dinner seatings in the main dining room. No buffet for dinner.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=0000WOFzpLvzJguHl3JtNs11Cnb:1051tg60i?faqSubjectName=Ship+and+Stateroom+Details&faqId=566&pagename=faq_answers

Am exploring booking an "X" cruise next summer. Does "X" consider prior voyages on Royal Caribbean as eligible for past passenger rates on "X"? NO

Are coin operated laundry facilities available on "X" like they are on Princess? NO

Have read that "X" has three seatings for dinner. Can an experienced "X" cruiser confirm?

Celebrity guests do not get their clothes soiled so laundry facilities are not required.. those that admit that a change might be necessary would not degrade themselves by doing their own.. :rolleyes:

1st seating: at 6 or 6:15 pm (formal nights are sometimes different)

2nd seating: at 8:30

3rd: casual dining can be booked at 30 minute intervals, starting at 6 except for the day of departure when only 1 & 2 are available.

There is also a specialty restaurant available for $30 pp.

Every X guest pays the same rate no matter how often they cruise but watch for specials (available to everyone no matter how often they cruise).

There are no past passenger rates. I understand that RCCL may give a several hundred dollar discount on higher end cabins for members on the Crown and Anchor program. There is nothing like that on Celebrity. The one category upgrade at booking amounts to a few dollars ($15-20 per person)for a change of deck. Type of cabin stays the same.

As posted above, the only "past passenger rate" is the category upgrade. We got one on our Millie cruise, and it was about $50 difference per person. You have to ask for it at booking, but be a Captain's Club member by then. And, yes, they honor the equal level Crown and Anchor membership from RCCL. We are Diamond on RCCL, and got the Elite level on X automatically.

However, I've been reading that doesn't mean much because the perks are definitely NOT equal between the two cruise lines.

My original point was exactly that there are no past passenger rates on Celebrity and there are none on Royal Caribbean either. I would not call upgrades as "past passenger" rates especially since upgrades are on a space available basis.

Thank you for your prompt replies!

Last year on our Northern Europe cruise we used the coin operated facilities on Princess to do some laundry. These facilities helped us reduce the amount of clothes we needed to pack. I don't find doing laundry beneath me, as I run the washer and dryer at home.

I'll do more research on dinner seatings...DH and I prefer the late (or 8pm) seating.

I don't find doing laundry beneath me, as I run the washer and dryer at home.

I'll do more research on dinner seatings...DH and I prefer the late (or 8pm) seating.

We were once told by an =X= employee that having laundry facilities onboard would reduce a five star line to a four star line.

We always made use of the laundry facilities on Princess and HAL ships. We like to cruise for extended periods and this aspect of =X= is a pain. (especially when you have to carry more and heavier luggage)

We also used to take first seating but now prefer late seating. To maximize our exposure to sunsets we switched to casual dining for 13 out of 14 nights on our recent Infinity cruise but we had a standing reservation for 7:30.

Sunsets on a Baltic cruise come way later however.

My original point was exactly that there are no past passenger rates on Celebrity and there are none on Royal Caribbean either. I would not call upgrades as "past passenger" rates especially since upgrades are on a space available basis.
Dick,

I would call the $300 balcony discounts for Diamond members on my two Explorer cruises a past passenger discount.

Dick,

I would call the $300 balcony discounts for Diamond members on my two Explorer cruises a past passenger discount.

Coupon or some other direct offering to you? That is not what is meant by past passenger rates but as you called them they are a discount. There is a difference. The OP asked about past passenger rates.

There are never past passenger rates posted by RCCL on their agents' portal or any of the industry booking engines that are unique past passenger fare codes like Carnival and their other cruise lines.

We were once told by an =X= employee that having laundry facilities onboard would reduce a five star line to a four star line.

That is hogwash! Crystal has self-service laundry rooms on nearly every deck with passenger cabins. And they are 100% complimentary. No charge for washers, dryers or detergent. And of course ironing boards and irons as well.

We love Crystal. We love Celebrity. We sail both.

If an =X= employee made a comment like that to me, they'd get an earful about 5 star cruise lines!

Coupon or some other direct offering to you? That is not what is meant by past passenger rates but as you called them they are a discount. There is a difference. The OP asked about past passenger rates.

There are never past passenger rates posted by RCCL on their agents' portal or any of the industry booking engines that are unique past passenger fare codes like Carnival and their other cruise lines.

RCCL does in fact offer a standard discount for past passengers that are Platinum, Diamond and Diamond Plus, that varies base upon which type of cabin you book (good on balcony and suite cabins only) and what level you are, but it is off every sailing, off of the lowest rate. I get it every time I book. That is the $300 that the past poster was speaking of. This is only for RCCL cruises, though, not Celebrity.

Thank you for your prompt replies!

Last year on our Northern Europe cruise we used the coin operated facilities on Princess to do some laundry. These facilities helped us reduce the amount of clothes we needed to pack. I don't find doing laundry beneath me, as I run the washer and dryer at home.

Hi, I have not sailed to Europe but on all my previous cruises

on Celebrity late seating was at 8:30pm..just FYI:)

RCCL does in fact offer a standard discount for past passengers that are Platinum, Diamond and Diamond Plus, that varies base upon which type of cabin you book (good on balcony and suite cabins only) and what level you are, but it is off every sailing, off of the lowest rate. I get it every time I book. That is the $300 that the past poster was speaking of. This is only for RCCL cruises, though, not Celebrity.

Joe, there is no argument here. My point is that past passenger discounts are not past passenger rates. When an agent is booking a cruise for a past passenger, no past passenger rate fare codes appear/exist in any booking system for RCCL.

That is hogwash!

You mean that an =X= employee might have erred? That they tried to build up their own reputation at the expense of other cruise lines which actually encouraged guests to work on their holidays?

Naw =X= isn't like that. They have the highest standard of communication in the industry. They even have a Ministry of Truth to ensure stuff like that does not happen.;)

Archived