Hi from Danno

Danno

Hi all...I know it's been a really long time, but I just thought I would drop in and say hello to all my old friends.

Jill and I are having a great summer on our 34' cruise ship, SV Gatekeeper, and looking forward to sailing X again this winter (hopefully).

All the best and keep cruising...we are a fortunate group to be able to.

Hi all...I know it's been a really long time, but I just thought I would drop in and say hello to all my old friends.

Jill and I are having a great summer on our 34' cruise ship, SV Gatekeeper, and looking forward to sailing X again this winter (hopefully).

All the best and keep cruising...we are a fortunate group to be able to.

WOW...Danno......so nice to see you:) and happy to know you and Jill

are doing well!!!!:)

Cruising this winter? What ship??? Keep us posted:D

Really, great to see you again!:)

Hi Lois :)

Haven't even picked up a brochure yet...we're so busy with sailing, racing, fixing, cruising, our boat that we'll start looking at a cruise once the snow flies again.

Jill's dad wasn't well last winter so for her mom's sake we stayed close...he's in long term care now and things seem to settling into a routine, so we are expecting (hoping!!) to cruise next winter.

The only deterent to this plan may be our friends, who we sailed with aboard Century, want to charter a sailboat in the BVI's. But their only son will be leaving for university this year...like most of us, that will be so tramatic, that they will stay close to home for a while.

We'll see...

Yo, Danno

Good to see you. Long time.

Sailing my 18.5' land cruiser to work every day. Today, I went through some big puddles and pretended to be at sea. Had to wait until I reached the home port to have a G&T, though, so as not to risk arrest or serious injury...

All the best,

chester(h)

Danno ~ always good to see a familiar name. Glad to hear all is well with you & Jill. The sailboat sounds terrific, too. Enjoy each day. Hey, the BVI trip is awesome, too. We'd do it again in a heartbeat...one of our all time favorite cruises.

Stop by when you can!

:) wow...checking is has certainly been good for my ego!!

Andrew...Jib is great. May be the best dog I've ever had...and we've had wonderful dogs. He just seems so happy about everything...how's Hubble??

Chester...I'm watching the book shelves intently for the sequel...BTW, I am still slowing working my way through the gift you so kindly got Jill and I. When it's warm and sunny, we open it, add ice, and remember a great cruise...thanks again.

Anne...the BVI's will happen in the next two years...unfortuneatly the level of service and food quality aboard a 40' sloop may not live up to that on X.

Thanks for all the warm responses group...nice to be missed.

Glad Jib is doing well....Hubble continues to be a great dog too...we've given him a Brittish title, Sir Hubble, BCE. (Best Corgi Ever!)

Would be more jealous about all your sailing, but am heading to the Cape in three weeks, and hope to get in a few good sails....

Again, nice to see you here,

Andrew

Hello Danno. It is nice to hear from one of the "originals". :)

Hi Danno:

Gotta love this summer.

We're a little south of you but the weekends this year have been perfect for outdoor life.

Happy cruising whatever the size of the vessel.

Welcome back, got a picture of your Gatekeeper?

Thanks everyone...if this works, you'll see Gatekeeper in my Avatar. She is a 1984, Robert Perry designed, Mirage 33 sloop (cruiser/racer).

I have missed you all, I'm sure once she is back on the hard...my thoughts will return to cruising on someone else's ship.

Hi Dan. Good to see you on the boards. I don't post as much as I used to, but it's always good to spot one of the old regulars (meant in the nicest possible way of course;)). What happened to Quiet Resolve? Gatekeeper looks great:cool: I'm squinting, but does she have the same blue and white colour?

Keep well.

Phil

Hi Phil :)

We sold Quiet Resolve to another club member who left power boating and decided he wanted to become a real boater.;)

It was time to move up to a boat large enough to take us to the Caribbean once I retire...she is taupe and black, but I am planning to repaint the trim in X blue, next spring...Jill hates the black.

Gotta go...race night is tomorrow, and Gatekeeper has to be switched from cruising, to racing mode.

Raced last night...did poorly, no wind...but I have a great crew, beautiful Callander Bay (Lake Nipissing), cold beer, and a fun group of boats to compete againest...it's not as good as cruising X, but it's pretty darn good.

Jill and I were away for a 7 day cruise down the French River, on Gatekeeper and had couples from two other boats over for dinner...the hit of the dinner was chilled strawberry soup...now if Jill could find the recipe for chilled pear and honey I could have both my favorites.

I've been glancing at the X web site. I've been away from this for a few months and there are ships I've never heard of ?? I'm going to have to learn all this again.

Archived