Eurodam is taking shape

Copper10-8

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy][B]Ciao Sassaroli,[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000080][B]lo cognosco molto bene Schio e molto bello e la mia moglie chi piace molto gli negozie.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000080][B]Io faccio la strada del Pazzo Zon or la galleria da Valdagno.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000080][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy][B]O provato il sito ma non mi lascia entrare.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000080]Se mi puoi mandare di nuovo grazie.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000080]Noi siamo a Recoaro la fine di Maggio 2009 se voresti qualcosa da l'australia mi fai sapere.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000080]Se puoi fare delle le foto del Eurodam sara molto bello e mi puoi mandare le nel mio e-mail [EMAIL="dakeba@bigpond.com"]dakeba@bigpond.com[/EMAIL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000080]grazie e distinti saluti.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000080]Cristiano[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000080]PS Please excuse my grammer and also the thread members especially Ruth C !! :rolleyes: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B] PPS O Trovato il Sito tutto OK Grazie

[quote name='RuthC']:confused: [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]I'm trying to figure out what all these posts about soccer have to do with the E-dam? What am I missing? [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

Maybe the "dutch-touch" of John?
Ok, just one more time, it was a great night John.....

[quote name='Ine']Maybe the "dutch-touch" of John?
Ok, just one more time, it was a great night John.....[/quote]

Even when you live for a long time in the USA your roods stay Dutch and
when your Dutch soccer team play and wins then you happy:D and you are Orange again.

That's probably the same thing he cruise whit the HAL, I lives in Rotterdam
in a place overlooking the river the Maas and I can see the cruise ships dock when they visit Rotterdam, so also when the Eurodam sail in to
Rotterdam for her baptist that will be don to ouwer Queen Beatrix I am
proud that HAL still for a part Dutch.

Grtjes Toos

[quote name='RuthC']:confused: [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]I'm trying to figure out what all these posts about soccer have to do with the E-dam? What am I missing? [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

I think you are missing the fact that they are about [B]football[/B] (not soccer)...the [B]European Football Championships[/B] held every four years with the Netherlands looking like they might well run away with the title. Anything Dutch seems to be thrown into this thread now...lol

[quote name='Paul123']I think you are missing the fact that they are about [B]football[/B] (not soccer)...the [B]European Football Championships[/B] held every four years with the Netherlands looking like they might well run away with the title. Anything Dutch seems to be thrown into this thread now...lol[/QUOTE]

More generally, and in relation to the question about a US sport being featured on a Euro themed ship, I have just come back from the Zuiderdam. Despite there being quite a few Dutch passengers, and officers, on this cruise entirely inside Europe and a big football tournament being played, the big Holland v. Italy game was not shown on board but ESPN coverage of a nothing baseball game took precedence. It is noticeable that European interests take second place to US culture on all HAL cruises, wherever thay are. The onboard trivia, gameshows, daily quiz, and library are predominently favouring US passengers, presumably because they will never be made to feel inferior to "lesser" nations. Similarly, the food favours American familiarisations for, presumably, similar reasons. Hence, baseball themed bars rather than cricket (which is played and watched by 10 times as many people worldwide)

Could you all please take the soccer discussion to another board? CC will likely close this thread soon and lose all this wonderful E-dam information that has been gathered.

I just don't want to see the thread closed / moved - ala a thread yesterday on the Princess board about a regular Princess-only board poster who was hit hard by the midwest tornadoes.

More generally, and in relation to the question about a US sport being featured on a Euro themed ship, I have just come back from the Zuiderdam. Despite there being quite a few Dutch passengers, and officers, on this cruise entirely inside Europe and a big football tournament being played, the big Holland v. Italy game was not shown on board but ESPN coverage of a nothing baseball game took precedence. It is noticeable that European interests take second place to US culture on all HAL cruises, wherever thay are. The onboard trivia, gameshows, daily quiz, and library are predominently favouring US passengers, presumably because they will never be made to feel inferior to "lesser" nations. Similarly, the food favours American familiarisations for, presumably, similar reasons. Hence, baseball themed bars rather than cricket (which is played and watched by 10 times as many people worldwide)

I understand what you're saying ... however ... the Eurodam, specifically, is supposed to be themed more European. Hence, her NAME (a made-up name designed to reflect Europe and the line's tradition of ending passenger ship names in -dam). Also, hence, the moderne*, cold, uninviting, european decor themes adopted throughout the ship (as in the Pinnacle Bar). It is in this context that the baseball mitt theme chairs for the sports bar seems weird. European football shaped/styled chairs would make more sense (and some of my more provincial fellow North Americans would think of them as being "soccer" balls).

* moderne |mäˈdern; mə-|

adjective

of or relating to a popularization of the art deco style marked by bright colors and geometric shapes.

• often derogatory denoting an ultramodern style.

ORIGIN mid 20th cent.: French, ‘modern.’

First of all, yes, the posts dealing with the Dutch soccer team kicking some serious butt at the European soccer championchips are off-topic! What's the big deal?? There are many, many off-topic posts on the HAL threads. It's not like we haven't seen that before. Many of us here participate in them!

Believe me (starting to sound like Kryos ;) ) this thread will not be closed because of a few off-topic posts from not only the originator of this thread (yours truly) who happens to be proud of his roots, but also from a few others. And I'll tell you something else, the final of this tournament is being held on 29 JUN in Vienna. If, IF, the Dutch team continues to play as they are, reach the final, and win that game, all of us who are on Eurodam's inaugural cruise will be confronted with celebrations in Holland when the team returns which will include a visit to the Queen (by the team, not by us), the same Queen who will be naming Eurodam.

And now, for something completely different;) : Pics of the Tamarind Restaurant and her bar

Eurodam%20Frank%20de%20Vries%20219.jpg

Eurodam%20Frank%20de%20Vries%20220.jpg

Eurodam%20Frank%20de%20Vries%20222.jpg

Eurodam%20Frank%20de%20Vries%20223.jpg

Flowers for the Lido restaurant

Eurodam%20Frank%20de%20Vries%20224.jpg

The Neptune Lounge is ready for its guests

Eurodam%20Frank%20de%20Vries%20227.jpg

As is the Front Office

Eurodam%20Frank%20de%20Vries%20226.jpg

As is the Atrium Bar - Called the Olive Pit on the Vistas - Unk if it has the same name on the Signatures

I distinctly remember a PR statement announcing that the new stateroom interior design was by a local Seattle firm.

Brian, I remember that as well. Seems to me the group was comprised of three or four women. It was early on...I think the info could be found somewhere on the Eurodam blog. And it seems to me they had done hotels. No?

Edited to say that I just clicked on your link...PR Statement! Didn't realize that was a link...you're good!

Don't lean back - You'll fall into someone's lap!

Looks awkward, uncomfortable, and uninviting, IMO. :eek: After seeing all the photos, I am really looking forward to the expert opinions of all of you doing the Inaugural.

Looks awkward, uncomfortable, and uninviting, IMO.

I agree - Looks like someone was given a minimal budget for many spaces aboard this ship.

Northern Lights reminds me of someone's house after Hildy from "Trading Spaces" finished with it: Lots of flash, little substance, not too practical.

However this view of the Sports Bar looks rather inviting:

sports-bar2.jpg

Anything is better than the plastic seats in the Northern Light's on the Vista's. They're about as comfortable as a nose bleed. These look like a good place to take a nap

Anything is better than the plastic seats in the Northern Light's on the Vista's.

Plastic seats?

I don't recall that...

Do you mean the chairs on one of the ships are plastic (probably Zuiderdam) - I seem to remember the seats on Oosterdam and Noordam being upholstered in fabric.

Plastic seats?

I don't recall that...

Do you mean the chairs on one of the ships are plastic (probably Zuiderdam) - I seem to remember the seats on Oosterdam and Noordam being upholstered in fabric.

Yeah, you're right (I looked at some Oosterdam pics) They're upholstered in black. I'm probably thinking about Zuiderdam. Even with the upholstery, they're still hard and uncomfortable to me

That could be either good or bad ... depending upon whose lap it is. :D

Ah, shucks, Greg. You got to the line first. ;)

Ah, shucks, Greg. You got to the line first. ;)

Hehehehe ... but you were the first to remark on it! :D

Gotta be "quick on the keyboard," you know!

3 weeks from right now you'll have joined us aboard the Eurodam and well be trying out the hard, uncomfortable, erector-set chairs in the Pinnacle Bar and the "not too practical" furnishing in the Northern Lights.

Archived