Firsthand sneak peak at Solstice (Merger of Several Threads)

Richard Stein

Not moving...have always been booked in Concierge Class AFT. I figured the aft would be more important to me than fancy shower head, unlimited Persian Gardens and Blu. Seeing the new restaurant choices and that GORGEOUS Grand Epernay Dining Room...I just felt reassured that I made the right decision.

Not trying to knock people in AC either, so please don't think I'm challenging you.

You're way too nice to be accused of challenging me.

Trust me, I've been wondering a lot the last couple of days if we should switch to CC, given that we're likely to skip Blu 2 or 3 nights!

Plinky - in a good way :). It was just so unexpected - neither of us really recall a commercial for a new ship (although now that I think about it RCCL may have done some for Freedom). Celebrity so seldom buys network tv - this was on Today or GMA that he was just so shocked they were already promoting it.

Can't wait to hear what the surcharge is - also saw on the deck plans that Tuscan Grille will be "open for mid-morning brunch on sea days". I'm hopeful the Asian restaurant would be open for lunches - they also state that it will be served family style.

Not moving...have always been booked in Concierge Class AFT. I figured the aft would be more important to me than fancy shower head, unlimited Persian Gardens and Blu. Seeing the new restaurant choices and that GORGEOUS Grand Epernay Dining Room...I just felt reassured that I made the right decision.

Not trying to knock people in AC either, so please don't think I'm challenging you.

You're way too nice to be accused of challenging me.

Trust me, I've been wondering a lot the last couple of days if we should switch to CC, given that we're likely to skip Blu 2 or 3 nights!

I just noticed that Blu is at the aft end of the ship. I always assumed since the AS cabins were all fore, that Blu would be as well...

The AQ cabins run almost the whole length of the Penthouse deck, actually. You're right, though, I sort of thought Blu would be closer to them, perhaps actually in the spa area. That would have created more of a sense of seclusion worth paying for. Of course now that these other places have been announced, it's all about figuring how we're going to try everything! :)

If Celebrity were more technologically advanced, I was thinking, they could release our table in blu when we made a reservation at one of the other specialty restaurants. I doubt they will have that capacity but I'm sure there will be lots of people in non-AQ who would like to try it.

I am still staying in AQ. I am a spa person. I will love the freedom of walking in anytime i want. As far as dinner goes i will eat all over the ship but BLU at least 2 times for dinner. I also eat in SJ.

as far as price my TA gave me prices on C1 and C3 today. only if i go C2 was I saving. So I am staying AQ.

I don't know if this was already discussed, but the brochure I have has the decks from top to bottom going:

Lido

Resort

Penthouse

Sky

Panorama

Vista

Sunrise

Continential

Entertainment

Promenade

Plaza

However, on the website they seem to have flipped the Penthouse deck with the Sunrise deck making the Sunrise deck the deck right below the pool. Yet the Penthouse Deck and Sky are the same configuration.

We wanted to book the AQ cabin but booked the CC because we didn't want to be under the pool area. Now I'm wondering which is right?

I don't know if this was already discussed, but the brochure I have has the decks from top to bottom going:

Lido

Resort

Penthouse

Sky

Panorama

Vista

Sunrise

Continential

Entertainment

Promenade

Plaza

However, on the website they seem to have flipped the Penthouse deck with the Sunrise deck making the Sunrise deck the deck right below the pool. Yet the Penthouse Deck and Sky are the same configuration.

We wanted to book the AQ cabin but booked the CC because we didn't want to be under the pool area. Now I'm wondering which is right?

Buddy,

I think that because of the position of the spa and all that the Penthouse deck is under the pool. We chose AQ rooms under the hair salon for that reason. The room numbering "seems" to support this.

Ok, can I play? Today we booked a B2B on Solstice from March 29th through to April 12. We'll be in a Royal Suite on the sky deck. This will be our second Celebrity sailing, with the first one not being until this coming Nov. on the Connie. Until now, we've been Royal Caribbean cruisers. This cruise is for our 10th anniversary. We've never done a B2B. We have the same cabin for both legs of the cruise, so I think that means we don't actually have to pack up on the 7th day. I also can't tell from the Solstice deck plans whether the Sky Deck has an overhang which will prevent us from getting sun on our balcony.

Will I get two booking numbers or does this count as one booking? I think my TA said we had a deposit per cruise so maybe different booking #. I'm trying to figure out how I order bon voyage packages for the start of each leg! I can't wait to see the new ship! (sorry for all the questions).:)

Ok, can I play? Today we booked a B2B on Solstice from March 29th through to April 12. We'll be in a Royal Suite on the sky deck. This will be our second Celebrity sailing, with the first one not being until this coming Nov. on the Connie. Until now, we've been Royal Caribbean cruisers. This cruise is for our 10th anniversary. We've never done a B2B. We have the same cabin for both legs of the cruise, so I think that means we don't actually have to pack up on the 7th day. I also can't tell from the Solstice deck plans whether the Sky Deck has an overhang which will prevent us from getting sun on our balcony.

Will I get two booking numbers or does this count as one booking? I think my TA said we had a deposit per cruise so maybe different booking #. I'm trying to figure out how I order bon voyage packages for the start of each leg! I can't wait to see the new ship! (sorry for all the questions).:)

Hi Marle, congrats on your anniversary:)

You will receive 2 booking numbers~they are 2 separate cruises.

You are correct about the packing and moving. No need to do

either since you are staying in the same cabin.

That is why these boards are so helpful...because we all have

questions;)

Just booked an inside cabin for 1/25/09.

My question is regarding the size of the cabin.

I booked cabin 8332 because it looks larger than the rest on that deck.

Anyone think it will be because of the deck plans. Also it says the inside cabins are between 183 and 200 sq. ft.

We are going on the Century in April and have a inside at 175 sq. ft. which we had last year and loved it.

We usually do a balcony but because of the size of these cabins it was very comfortable.

I could move closer to the elevators at this point but it's anyone guess right?

Hi,:) I have an inside cabin too.

I am sailing 2 weeks before you and will be glad to let you know

how it feels. I was just on Century last month with a normal inside

as well. They have plenty of room for me~I sail solo so I have all

the space I need:)

What inside cabin did you book and why.

By the time you board I won't be able to change .

I hope we aren't disappointed in our choice.

Our cabin is in the far aft and a long walk to the elevators that is why I was thinking of moving on the same deck but closer to them.

Have you looked at the deck plans?

Thanks for your reply.

Hi,:) I booked a basic inside cabin....7148. It is mid ship

near elevators. I have had cabins all over...some forward, some

aft, and quite a few mid ship.

I usually book insides because as a solo, I pay double

and they are the most reasonably priced and that is usually

what is within my budget.

Back in the summer when bookings opened for Capt's Club,

I called and this looked like a good location.

So, other than a low cabin category...9 or 10....it just looked

like a good spot.

I have had cabins near the stairs and elevators and it is usually

very convenient and no problems with noise either.:)

Oh, the Sunrise deck (where my cabin is located) is between

decks on cabins only too. Another positive for me.

And...if you look at the deckplan, my cabin is by itself~

there is hallway on both sides but it is almost a freestanding

cabin....no cabins directly on the sides.

Hi Marle, congrats on your anniversary:)

You will receive 2 booking numbers~they are 2 separate cruises.

You are correct about the packing and moving. No need to do

either since you are staying in the same cabin.

That is why these boards are so helpful...because we all have

questions;)

Thanks for the helpful information! We are really looking forward to this cruise.

Hi all. I love this thread. I learn so much news so much sooner than I would. We are booked on the 1-18-09 cruise. We have book 7356. We have never stayed in a cabin on the back of the ship before. I really don't know what to expect. Can anyone fill me in?? Thanks in advance!

She's really starting to look like a ship and must be somewhat near float-out. On the really big ships, this happens about a year before sailing, but given she is more mid-sized in the scheme of things these days, maybe the finishing stages don't take as long.

I'm not sure if, by "bon voyage packages", you mean liquor. If so, I've got a tip for you. If you buy duty free liquor in the stores during the first leg, they will deliver them to you at the end of the first leg. You will then have them for the second leg. It'll be a LOT cheaper than what you pay in the bon voyage package...

I'm not sure if, by "bon voyage packages", you mean liquor. If so, I've got a tip for you. If you buy duty free liquor in the stores during the first leg, they will deliver them to you at the end of the first leg. You will then have them for the second leg. It'll be a LOT cheaper than what you pay in the bon voyage package...

Yes, that's what I meant. :D I thought they held them till the end of the second leg. Don't they have some way of knowing you're on a B2B?

Archived