For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

Don't remember if this has been asked on this thread or not, but did any of you who sailed recently have any problems getting your cabin mini fridge cleared out? I know that on some other ships pax are being told they can't empty them now.

Thanks!

Theresa

In our experience, some stewards will empty it and others say they are not allowed to and that you have to empty it. Either way, we have always emptied it and put the contents on the shelves above the dresser, (so it is visible to those who refill the fridges so we don't get charged), and then throw all our water, etc., in.

In our experience, some stewards will empty it and others say they are not allowed to and that you have to empty it. Either way, we have always emptied it and put the contents on the shelves above the dresser, (so it is visible to those who refill the fridges so we don't get charged), and then throw all our water, etc., in.

Thanks for that suggestion, Toonjie.

Don't remember if this has been asked on this thread or not, but did any of you who sailed recently have any problems getting your cabin mini fridge cleared out? I know that on some other ships pax are being told they can't empty them now.

Thanks!

Theresa

We emptyed the fridge ourselves and put the items on the shelf above. I did put a post it note on the fridge stating where the items were and that we would replace them when we left. However our mini fridge barely kept anything even cool.:(

We emptyed the fridge ourselves and put the items on the shelf above. I did put a post it note on the fridge stating where the items were and that we would replace them when we left. However our mini fridge barely kept anything even cool.:(

This is a great suggestion whether you move everything or just a few things to make some room. We moved a couple water bottles to make room for some meds. and sure enough they showed as a charge. It was easily fixed but the post it could have avoided it.

We're leaving this Sunday, April 3rd. First time in AOS, and first time to the ports of call.

Thanks for all the good information on this thread

ENJOY!!!!! Not sure which itinerary you are doing .. probably the Barbados route ... We just did it on 3/20-27/11 and had a TERRIFIC time!!!

We just sailed Adventure for the first time on 3/13. First time doing the southern caribbean - we did the Aruba route - loved it - would do it again in a heartbeat! No problem flying in and out of San Juan.

The staff aboard the Adventure was some of the finest I have seen - especially our feisty little waitress Vashi! The bartenders at each evenings Diamond Event couldn't have been nicer also. All in all a great cruise!

Okay Robyn, Toonjie, Schmoopie, and everyone else...

We leave in 2 days for Puerto Rico and our 1st Adventure cruise (dep. 4/10). Any last minute suggestions?

Heard from one of our CC group members who is doing a B2B and boarded yesterday that embarkation was bad for those who got there after noon (she got there much later than I plan on arriving). Another guy on the cruise said he boarded early and had no problems.

Please give a little more description on where specifically do we drop off our luggage and then line up to enter the building. Is it confusing to know where to drop off vs. where those who are disembarking from the ship are? Any signs? I don't want to assume the taxi driver has been there before (you never know!).

Thanks again for all your previous answers to my questions. We're all packed (save for last minute toiletries and our flight boarding passes) and ready to go!

Theresa

Theresa

Okay Robyn, Toonjie, Schmoopie, and everyone else...

We leave in 2 days for Puerto Rico and our 1st Adventure cruise (dep. 4/10). Any last minute suggestions?

Heard from one of our CC group members who is doing a B2B and boarded yesterday that embarkation was bad for those who got there after noon (she got there much later than I plan on arriving). Another guy on the cruise said he boarded early and had no problems.

Please give a little more description on where specifically do we drop off our luggage and then line up to enter the building. Is it confusing to know where to drop off vs. where those who are disembarking from the ship are? Any signs? I don't want to assume the taxi driver has been there before (you never know!).

Thanks again for all your previous answers to my questions. We're all packed (save for last minute toiletries and our flight boarding passes) and ready to go!

Theresa

Theresa

You will have no problem figuring out where to drop off your luggage. Drop off is right by the entrance to the terminal. The entrance and exit of the terminal are nowhere near each other. You do not have to worry about mingling with the folks who are departing. And do not worry about your taxi driver. They all know ther Pan American pier. They will get you to where you need to be. You will see the porters collecting luggage. The entire process is not confusing at all. Just wait until you get there and you will see how easy it is. This is not one of my favorite departure ports for no reason. My experience has been that it has always been a breeze.

Now, stop worrying and enjoy the anticipation. You are in for an incredible week. BTW, which islands are you stopping at?

Teeara,

Ocean Boy is correct. No problem figuring where to go with your luggage. We got there around 11:30 and the line was long but moved quickly...we were checked in and on the ship before noon.

I do have one suggestion for you. I think you should come to Ill-Annoy and do my job for the week and I'll take the cruise for you. ;) If your experience on the AOS is even half as good as ours was a month ago, you'll have a swell time. Say "HI from Gary and Jane" to Larry the bartender in the Duck and Dog for us.

Oh, and after the cruise if your cab driver tells you OSJ is closed (like ours did :mad:), don't believe him. Get a different cab driver...

Teeara,

If your experience on the AOS is even half as good as ours was a month ago, you'll have a swell time. Say "HI from Gary and Jane" to Larry the bartender in the Duck and Dog for us.

Chances are that Larry may not be there if there was a crew change....

You will have no problem figuring out where to drop off your luggage. Drop off is right by the entrance to the terminal. The entrance and exit of the terminal are nowhere near each other. You do not have to worry about mingling with the folks who are departing. And do not worry about your taxi driver. They all know ther Pan American pier. They will get you to where you need to be. You will see the porters collecting luggage. The entire process is not confusing at all. Just wait until you get there and you will see how easy it is. This is not one of my favorite departure ports for no reason. My experience has been that it has always been a breeze.

Now, stop worrying and enjoy the anticipation. You are in for an incredible week. BTW, which islands are you stopping at?

Thanks! That helps immensely. I would hope that since we're getting there so early the line to get in will be short (hope to be there around 10 to be near the front of the line). Would rather be way early and wait in line that show up later with a bunch of people in front of me. Also like going up to WJ and having it empty ;):D.

We are going to Curacao, Aruba, Dominica and St. Thomas. Any in town lunch suggestions for any of the ports?

Teeara,

Ocean Boy is correct. No problem figuring where to go with your luggage. We got there around 11:30 and the line was long but moved quickly...we were checked in and on the ship before noon.

I do have one suggestion for you. I think you should come to Ill-Annoy and do my job for the week and I'll take the cruise for you. ;) If your experience on the AOS is even half as good as ours was a month ago, you'll have a swell time. Say "HI from Gary and Jane" to Larry the bartender in the Duck and Dog for us.

Oh, and after the cruise if your cab driver tells you OSJ is closed (like ours did :mad:), don't believe him. Get a different cab driver...

Most excellent! Sorry, but I've waited nearly 2 years for this cruise (first booked in May 2009). I'd better not get that from the cab driver since we're staying 3 days after the cruise in OSJ as well as the 4 days prior.

Quick question about the embarktion process with the AOS.

This is my second cruise, my first cruise last year on the Jewel at the port only the port secuirty xrayed our carry on bags and after we checked in we were allowed right onto the boat with out any furthur screening.

How is it on the AOS? Do the port security and the ship security both sreen your carry ons or is it only the port secuirty that does it?

Quick question about the embarktion process with the AOS.

This is my second cruise, my first cruise last year on the Jewel at the port only the port secuirty xrayed our carry on bags and after we checked in we were allowed right onto the boat with out any furthur screening.

How is it on the AOS? Do the port security and the ship security both sreen your carry ons or is it only the port secuirty that does it?

On our AOS cruise last year, both port security and ship security scanned our carry-ons.

Most excellent! Sorry, but I've waited nearly 2 years for this cruise (first booked in May 2009). I'd better not get that from the cab driver since we're staying 3 days after the cruise in OSJ as well as the 4 days prior.

Maybe you should consider bringing a tent just in case you need a place to sleep those three nights on the outskirts of the closed up town.;).... Sorry, I couldn't help myself.:p

Thanks! That helps immensely. I would hope that since we're getting there so early the line to get in will be short (hope to be there around 10 to be near the front of the line). Would rather be way early and wait in line that show up later with a bunch of people in front of me. Also like going up to WJ and having it empty ;):D.

We are going to Curacao, Aruba, Dominica and St. Thomas. Any in town lunch suggestions for any of the ports?

That woiuld have been my first choice of Adventure's itineraries. I've not been to Domenica but I love Curacao and Aruba. To tell you the truth we never had lunch on any of those islands. We usually do a morning adventure where we travel somewhere, go back to the ship and have lunch, and then do an afternoon activity which usually involves something right around the port area.

Maybe you should consider bringing a tent just in case you need a place to sleep those three nights on the outskirts of the closed up town.;).... Sorry, I couldn't help myself.:p

I think I'll just walk into town, purchase a hammock and string it up between 2 trees on the beach. Toss open my luggage, spread my stuff all around like it has washed ashore and pretend that I'm shipwrecked on a deserted island. :rolleyes::D

That woiuld have been my first choice of Adventure's itineraries. I've not been to Domenica but I love Curacao and Aruba. To tell you the truth we never had lunch on any of those islands. We usually do a morning adventure where we travel somewhere, go back to the ship and have lunch, and then do an afternoon activity which usually involves something right around the port area.

Really looking forward to Curacao and Aruba. I love the architecture in both locations and the windy weather works for me. Love it when it's hot and windy (as long as there's no rain in the mix!).

Really looking forward to Curacao and Aruba. I love the architecture in both locations and the windy weather works for me. Love it when it's hot and windy (as long as there's no rain in the mix!).

Last year when we were in Aruba, it was overcast, windy and at times there was a misty to drizzly rain. Not enough to dampen our spirits or cancel any excursions (I recommend the TomCars by the way). In Curacao however, I think they got their entire yearly rainfall in one day! We skipped our excursion (a Jeep Tour - privately booked) because the rain was coming down sideways when we got ready to get off the ship. Most of the ships excursions were canceled because of the rain and as it turned out, so was our independent tour. We did get off the ship in between downpours and got a little bit of shopping done. I guess I'll just have to book AOS again soon so we can see Curacao without rain! :)

In Curacao however, I think they got their entire yearly rainfall in one day! We skipped our excursion (a Jeep Tour - privately booked) because the rain was coming down sideways when we got ready to get off the ship. Most of the ships excursions were canceled because of the rain and as it turned out, so was our independent tour. We did get off the ship in between downpours and got a little bit of shopping done.

Ha! That sounds like our Alaska cruise in 2008! It rained every day EXCEPT for College Fjord (last sea day)! :eek: Ketchikan rained so hard we had to stay inside a store until the worst passed by. "Liquid Sunshine" is what they call it there and they have a sign to prove it! Sure hope we're light on the "Liquid Sunshine" during THIS cruise! ;):D

Oh, and we went the 2nd week in May so don't ever book Alaska for that week! Cold and rainy. Yuck.

Ha! That sounds like our Alaska cruise in 2008! It rained every day EXCEPT for College Fjord (last sea day)! :eek: Ketchikan rained so hard we had to stay inside a store until the worst passed by. "Liquid Sunshine" is what they call it there and they have a sign to prove it! Sure hope we're light on the "Liquid Sunshine" during THIS cruise! ;):D

Oh, and we went the 2nd week in May so don't ever book Alaska for that week! Cold and rainy. Yuck.

I'm actually starting to shop for Alaska for July of 2012. So I'm hoping that it won't be as rainy, but we will definitely be prepared for it. What ship were you on in 2008? Right now I'm considering either roundtrip out of Seattle on Rhapsody, roundtrip out of Vancouver on Celebrity Century or one way, Anchorage (Whittier) to Vancouver on Coral Princess. So many choices so little money!:)

I'm actually starting to shop for Alaska for July of 2012. So I'm hoping that it won't be as rainy, but we will definitely be prepared for it. What ship were you on in 2008? Right now I'm considering either roundtrip out of Seattle on Rhapsody, roundtrip out of Vancouver on Celebrity Century or one way, Anchorage (Whittier) to Vancouver on Coral Princess. So many choices so little money!:)

We did northbound from Vancouver to Whittier on the Diamond Princess. Whatever you decide BOOK A BALCONY! You will want your own balcony on those sea days because the common areas and buffet will be jam packed with chair hogs.

If you can, stay in Vancouver a couple of days. We came in 2 days early and it wasn't enough time to explore that beautiful city.

Archived