Want a Scale?

sail7seas

How many would like to have a bathroom scale in their cabin while cruising?

I would. Not that I'm a weight freak and no one will accuse me of being underweight but I'd really like to have a scale in our Suite. I weight myself daily at home and miss not having that ability while cruising.

(I find the scales in the gym are not consistently accurate. I've stopped depending upon them.)

How many would like to have a bathroom scale in their cabin while cruising?

(I find the scales in the gym are not consistently accurate. I've stopped depending upon them.)

I might use one once or twice during a cruise. But why do you think a room scale would be any more "consistently accurate" than one in the gym?

There has been a scale in our suite on NCL each time we've sailed them. Not once have I used it, even though I weigh myself daily at home.

I can think of other perks and ammenities that a cruise line could provide that I would enjoy much more than a scale.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Not I! Thankewveddymuch. Of course, even if it were there doesn't mean I'd have to use it, but I just as soon not be tripping over the thing. Or having it look at me, sending out "guilt" vibes. :rolleyes:

My understanding is that the scales in the gym can't be counted on to give an accurate reading at sea due to the movement of the ship; it's also possible that the reading is off when docked as well. :confused:

I suspect the same would hold true with a cabin scale.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking with it. ;)

Absolutely NOT.. Don't ask don't tell while on the cruise. We face the music upon arrival back home.:)

Totally agree!! I cruise to enjoy the food as much as possible, knowing this I know the music upon arrival @ home is not going to be good, but atleast I know that going in...

Sail -- I definitely couldn't handle a scale in my room !! :p I feel guilty enough gaining weight on the cruise after I promised myself, yet again, that I wouldn't over indulge !! ;) Now I'd have to 'face the music' daily instead of just when I return home. :o

I do spend considerable time in the gym (early), when I'm cruising because DW is not a morning person. One morning, mid-way through the second half of my B2B, after my work-out, I decided to weigh myself ---- BAD IDEA !! :eek: Anyway, I came to the same conclusion as you, that these scales can't be accurate; definitely not to be trusted !! :rolleyes:

I might try them again on my B2B on Noordam next January --- perhaps the scales on this ship might work better ! :D

"Go Sox!!"

Gord

They provide a scale on Crystal, and they actually come in very handy for those who need to monitor weight gain with respect to their heart conditions. We have always enjoyed having one on Crystal and would appreciate one on HAL.

We had one each time we sailed in Royal Suite on Celebrity....years ago. I welcomed and used it.

And, very good point, Sage. Some heart patients need to way themselves daily.

YES!!!! I would like a scale. I weigh myself daily at home and I would do it on the cruise. It would make me think twice before I had another croissant, ice cream cone, etc. I would like to stay ahead of the game so I don't have a BIG surprise when I get home! Just my preference.

One time a room scale could come in handy is if you'd like to weigh your luggage before disembarking. The scale wouldn't have to be very accurate. If you were to weigh yourself with and without holding a bag, all you would need to know is the difference, not whether the total was correct.

Not me. I work hard not to gain on cruises and limit my weigh ins at home to once a month which works for me. I used to weigh myself several times a day and it was just ridiculous.

Maybe if we took long cruises but we don't so there is no urgency for me.

Maybe if we took long cruises but we don't so there is no urgency for me.

It may sound funny, but I find it easier to keep food/eating under control on longer cruises. Maybe it's because I know I have more time to sample those things I like. After all, tomorrow is another day, and I can put off having the bread pudding (etc.) 'til then. And keep putting it off!

On a short cruise of 10 days or less I still want to sample everything, but I tend to have more than I should just so I can.

I have never weighed myself on a ship. I can't think of any reason why I would. However, if I felt I needed to keep track of my weight I would use the gym's scales. Weigh when you board and you'll have a baseline for comparing future weights regardless of the accuracy when compared with your home scale.

Sail -- I definitely couldn't handle a scale in my room !! :p I feel guilty enough gaining weight on the cruise after I promised myself' date=' yet again, that I wouldn't over indulge !! ;) Now I'd have to 'face the music' daily instead of just when I return home. :o

I do spend considerable time in the gym (early), when I'm cruising because DW is not a morning person. One morning, mid-way through the second half of my B2B, after my work-out, I decided to weigh myself ---- BAD IDEA !! :eek: Anyway, I came to the same conclusion as you, that these scales can't be accurate; definitely not to be trusted !! :rolleyes:

I might try them again on my B2B on Noordam next January --- perhaps the scales on this ship might work better ! :D

"Go Sox!!"

Gord[/quote']

The scale in the gym on the Noordam is not accurate.

I have mixed feelings about having a scale in my room. I tend to weigh myself several times a day at home, and like the idea that the scale isn't so easily available in my cabin. On the other hand, half way thrugh the cruise, I do go to seek it out in the gym, always holding my breath as I get on.

Archived