Never been there and I'm never going back!

Karysa

Yes, there are. But the last time I visited the Grand Canyon, there was not a crowd of people following me and asking me to buy them.

There were at Dunn's River Falls, however.

Never again: Jamaica

Unfortunately this happened to me too in Jamaica. I would personally never go back, and if people go, I just tell them honestly what happened to me during my week there. It's very frightening and off-putting if it has never happened to you before, no matter where it happens. If it happened to you in Seattle, you'd probably never want to go back in Seattle either. I am totally with you.

Edited by bluegirlum

Milwaukee is south, for heaven's sake!! You live in a balmy climate. ;-)

I'd go anywhere on a cruise. Okay, excepting maybe the coast off Somalia. I just want to see the world (but I like my comforts.)

Bermuda is a country, not a port and there's plenty to keep you busy for weeks never mind 4 days.

That's not my point. I've been to Bermuda and I know what there is to do there. I just don't want to be on a ship going nowhere for 4 days.

Some of what has already been posted but in no special order:

Somalia, Jamaica, Venezuela (won't support Chavez!) Bering Sea & Antarctica (beleive it or not DH wants to do a Cruise West Bering Sea next year - I told him to fin another cabin companion - not my cup of tea! Anyone a of fan of the Deadliest Catch, cal my DH ! ?:rolleyes:

Leah, RN

Going back to Europe next.

I'd like to do the Greek Isles unless someone here states a case why not to. I'd like any input. Getting ready to book another cruise soon.

I've really enjoyed reading your posts.

You will love the greek isles. Absolutely amazing.:D

I would suggest spring or fall, summer is much to hot.:eek:

We were there early April and the temp was very comfortable for walking around and site seeing.

And make sure you eat in some local resturaunts.

• 5 years later...

Since its been over 5 years since I started this thread I wondered if anyone has gone to a place that they had crossed off of their list or perhaps you have added a place on to your list.

I went somewhere cold which was surprising to me since DH vowed to never go to Alaska. :) We both enjoyed it and are glad that we went. Cartagena on the other hand didn't impress me and I have no desire to return there.

Turkey would not have made my don't want to visit list a couple of years ago but as I am starting to plan for a 2017 special 25th Anniversary trip it's not looking attractive to me at least right now.

Edited by Karysa

Unfortunately (for my finances), on my world voyage I found more places I would like to visit again than ones I can cross off my bucket list.:D

I've never been on a world voyage but just reading the blogs your problem is my problem too.

Edited by NMLady

My DH always wanted to cruise Alaska and despite a huge amount of travel and cruising we did, that was one place I said NEVER. I live in Boston and (especially this year) have had more than my share of ice and snow. :eek: Nothing about Alaska interested me. One day I said to myself....... He's got rights, too. Who am I to say I wouldn't agree to go where he wants to go. So I told him I would put a smile on my face and we would go. The terms were he should book every excursion that interested him and I'd join him on some but not all. We were 'good to go' and off we went.

It was one of our best cruise out of nearly 100 or so and we both absolutely loved every minutes of it. I thanked my DH time and again for getting us to Alaska.

He became very ill soon after and has since passed away. I am so grateful we had that cruise.... I so often remember how happy we were to be there.... how much we enjoyed ourselves.

Go..... wherever it is you want to visit. Just Go!

I know this thread is old, but it is very interesting.

While I'd like to cruise the world, I will not go anywhere that is currently listed as unsafe by the US State Department. Once countries are removed from the list, I will consider.

Sail7Seas -- Thank you for that lovely story! Alaska cruises seem to be a place where memories are made (apologies to DisneyWorld). :o

Our only Alaska cruise was nearly 10 years ago now -- and it was our one, big, "family' cruise. Not everyone is still here, but we have our memories... :)

Edited by wwcruisers

Yes...sail7seas. Very kind of you to share your (bittersweet) story. I've been saying the same thing to my gf for years about my desire to go to Alaska. She has no interest. I said I guess I'll go alone then....

We would never rule out anywhere.

The only places we will not cruise to again are the places we have already cruised to and even then who knows.

I could never be the type of person that kept doing the same Caribbean journey twice a year.

We would never rule out anywhere.

The only places we will not cruise to again are the places we have already cruised to and even then who knows.

I could never be the type of person that kept doing the same Caribbean journey twice a year.

I confess readily to not reading the foregoing 13 pages of commentary. However my reluctance to cruise certain locales and regions has naught to do with the Caribbean which I have cruised once. Of course that was my first cruise earlier this year. We've also booked a hotel barge "cruise" on the canals of Burgundy, the Amazon on Silversea in November as well as the Norwegian Fjordes in June 2016.

We are especially interested in cruising: the west coast of South America, the Canadian Maritimes, the Great Barrier Reef and Australian environs, Fiji, the Viking route, and the Med around Greece.