Never been there and I'm never going back!

Karysa

Austraila. Not that I don't want to go there, but I don't think I'd want to go there on a cruise. I think you can see and experience a LOT more by doing a land tour. For that matter, though we've done a few, I don't think we would do a Europe cruise again. You see and experience SO much more on a land tour or river cruise in Europe and the tours and excursions were so pricy, when all was said and done, I think we would have spent less, seen more on a land tour.

Someone lied to you. Belize is most certainly not a "3rd world" country.

That phrase seems to get used to describe anywhere that poor people are in evidence.

Most people don't know what classifies First World, Second World(what's that?!) and Third World.

The whole thing started back in the days of Cold War detente...

Capitalism vs. USSR "communism"...think mid-20th. Century!

The First World was the great white Western NATO bloc countries

i.e. USA, UK, Canada, Germany, France, you know the rest.

The Second World was the entire Soviet bloc

- those who found themselves trapped behind The Iron Curtain.

The Third World was everyone else

who wasn't either First World or Soviet bloc "Second World"

I have to agree with you. I really didn't like Miami, and I am going to try and find a cruise that doesn't sail from there next time. It's expensive, and I prefer people that speak English. Miami is still in America last I heard.

Fire resistent protection on! :D

No flames from me. My last cruise out of Miami I shared a hotel limo to the cruise port with another couple. We were on the freeway and realized our driver didn't have a clue as to where to go, couldn't read the road signs and was on his cell phone speaking Spanish to someone trying to figure out where to go. The man I shared the ride with read the road signs and he ended up telling the driver which exit and way to go. That was very annoying!!!!!!

Someone lied to you. Belize is most certainly not a "3rd world" country. That phrase seems to get used to describe anywhere that poor people are in evidence.

Belize is a modern country in every way and is quite beautiful with warm, welcoming people. Shame you'll never find that out.

Thanks for that. I'm cruising with my DD and her hubby in January there and the other posts against Belize sort of scared me! :eek:

Obviously no where terribly dangerous (Somalia, Iraq, etc) right now, but like others have said, I wouldn't rule it out forever.

I generally prefer warm climates, but if someday money weren't an issue, I might go to some colder places just to see them. But for now, I don't want to waste my vacation money on somewhere that swimsuits aren't in the suitcase.

And as far as tropical destinations go, I'm been to Grand Cayman and don't need to go back. I'm just not that into shopping, and didn't see anything else to do there. Also, I don't really have any desire to go to Mexico, but I wouldn't not go there if the rest of the ports interested me.

Since we are from FL the Caribbean is way too hot for us. Not interested in any part of Mexico. Been to Rio and again hot hot hot.

Lived in the Virgin Islands. But can understand why northern's want to go to these places to soak up the sun.

Alaska was fabulous. Did the land tour first with Princess. It was great and only wore a jacket a couple of times going through the Glaciers up on deck. We did so many tours we broke the bank.

Jamaica has to be the number one place I never want to go back to.

No interest in India either.

Going back to Europe next.

I'd like to do the Greek Isles unless someone here states a case why not to. I'd like any input. Getting ready to book another cruise soon.

I've really enjoyed reading your posts.

I hate to say it because I'm sure I'll get flamed...But I have no intentions on ever going to Alaska...or anywhere else on vacation where the temp is below 80 degrees.

I just got back from Alaska last Sunday and it was up to 92 in Juneau so you can still go there if your only requirement is to not have the temp below 80 LOL

Joanne

I've never been interested in going to the Mexican Riviera.

Lots of people love it, but it just doesn't appeal to me :confused:.

On edit: Hubby said his cruise of least interest would be a one day cruise to nowhere.

I live in So Cal and we are very close to Mexico and I was like you. Never had any desire to go to the Mexican Riviera. Then last year the price was so low and with no air cost to me I couldn't turn it down. Thought maybe I would just stay on the ship.

Then I got off at each port and let me tell you it was NOTHING like I expected it to be. It was one of the most beautiful places I've seen in my life. I'm not even a beach lay out kind of person. I still had a blast and everyone was so nice! I will for sure go back again some day.

So please, if you do find a good price, give it a try. I can't picture anyone saying they didn't love it there now.

This comes from someone who NEVER ever wanted to go there.

Joanne

I hate to say it because I'm sure I'll get flamed...But I have no intentions on ever going to Alaska...or anywhere else on vacation where the temp is below 80 degrees.

I am the exact opposite - I love to vacation in places where the temperature is below 80* We always plan our vacations to happen after August on the mainland. :D Alaska is one of my favorite places to visit - always in December - plenty of snow for a week or two - then back to the sunshine!:)

New Jersey

I would tend to agree with that. I lived in So NJ for 3 hrs and disliked it immensely. Between all of the places across the globe DH and I have lived, we both agree this was the worst. You couldn't pay me enough money to ever live there (or visit) again. I'm sure part of it was the location we were at.

That being said, I'll repeat Somalia (until it gets stabilized), Cancun, Cozumel, and Jamaica. I would go to Mazatlan again, but I didn't like how agressive the vendors were on the beach trying to get you to buy there wares.

I would never want to cruise the British Isles or Ireland or parts of Europe b/c I would rather go on my own.

Edited by Punchie

Post # 12 said - Charleston SC.....

WOW, That is our favorite destination in the US!!!

I loved Charleston, SC also. My daughter lived there for four years and I always had a great time when I visited. Always something to do; somewhere to go.

Same with Savannah, GA: Love it. Would go today.

That makes 2 of us, I do not like cold weather either. Also I don't wish to be shot at... so I guess the obvious places as forementioned are out of the picture.

Post # 12 said - Charleston SC.....

WOW, That is our favorite destination in the US!!!

I was wondering about this. At WORST, I guess I can see one being indifferent to Charleston. I wonder why someone would feel so strongly as to never go back to Charleston.

Edited by VistaV

This is the only place I've been to that I either wouldn't go back again to or wouldn't get off the ship if the ship stopped there. It was filthy and the locals were did not like Americans. Many billboards had grafetti that said "Americans go home."

Besides this Island, I would be willing to at least experience any other port.

That makes 2 of us, I do not like cold weather either. Also I don't wish to be shot at... so I guess the obvious places as forementioned are out of the picture.

I guess, then, that you will not travel to Mexico, Jamaica, or the Bahamas, all of which have been on various lists of the top 10 countries for homicides over the last couple of decades?