Never been there and I'm never going back!

Karysa

That makes 2 of us, I do not like cold weather either. Also I don't wish to be shot at... so I guess the obvious places as forementioned are out of the picture.

You don't like to get shot at?? Stay out of the US.

I guess, then, that you will not travel to Mexico, Jamaica, or the Bahamas, all of which have been on various lists of the top 10 countries for homicides over the last couple of decades?

You are correct with your guessing!

I loved Charleston, SC also. My daughter lived there for four years and I always had a great time when I visited. Always something to do; somewhere to go.

Same with Savannah, GA: Love it. Would go today.

I agree-but I live close enough-a 5 hour car drive to either, that I can go either place for long weekends. So I would be disappointed- but -on the other hand- I would hardly book a cruise out of New York that goes to the Bahamas, anyway. It would be a lot closer (and less expensive) for me to drive to Port Canaveral and do this, instead of flying to New York. So I could take a little 4 day cruise,do this, and then drive to Charleston and spend a few days there, if I wanted to do that.

However-if I went to Charleston, SC, because a hurricane prevented the ship from from going to Nassau, Freeport or a cruise line private island-I would not mind. I mention this specifically, because in 2004, this happened to some Disney Wonder cruisers and quite a few were angry about this. I could not help but wonder (no pun intended) where they thought a 3 or 4 day cruise out of Pt. Canaveral could have went instead. Jacksonville?

I don't want to go anywhere HOT except during winter. Don't want to go anywhere COLD except during summer.

I have no desire to cruise to Hawaii again unless I boarded the ship there. I don't like 4+ consecutive sea days. I prefer 2 consecutive sea days. Unfortunately, RCCL canceled our first stop in San Juan so we are having 3 consecutive sea days. I'm glad they are at the beginning of the cruise and not at the end.

I hate to say it because I'm sure I'll get flamed...But I have no intentions on ever going to Alaska...or anywhere else on vacation where the temp is below 80 degrees.

I'm pretty much with you there. I love (LOVE, LOVE, LOVE) the Caribbean. I could sail to almost any warm beach location. Alaska may appeal to me at some point but not anytime soon.

However, I don't like heat so unless it is in their winter, I will no longer go to a hot and humid place. I was born and raised in Florida and even as an infant, I loathed that sticky, lassitude - producing weather. Give me temperatures below 50 degrees and I am a happy traveler.

Traveling in poorer countries can be very humbling if you have the right mindset and don't expect everything to be as it is at home. Africa and Antarctica are by far my absolute fave places in the world because they let me see a glimpse of what the world was like before it was overrun with souvenir shops, hotels, car rental places, etc.

Traveling in any Buddhist country is wonderful because of the graciousness, kindness and humility of most of the people. Vietnam, though poor, is one of the friendliest places I have been.

Australia is just wonderful; so big and varied and the people are welcoming, friendly, helpful and just plain fun!

I have enjoyed almost everywhere I have been in the 37 countries to which I have traveled thus far. The one exception is a city in Europe which I found far less friendly and polite than I would have thought given that it is touted as one of the most liberal, laidback cities in the world.

Edited by Bookish Angel

Labadee... Sounds like a money trap, too many people, long lines for activities, and a boring place to spend the day.

Last October we did what I believe was a new excursion, a high-speed boat tour of part of Labadee. We got to see the deforestation caused by people burning wood for fuel, a reefed freighter believed to be used by drug smugglers, and a Haitian "village" which consisted of a few shacks, a never-finished tourist resort, and a boat in the process of being finished, which our guide thought would soon set sail for the U.S., carrying illegal immigrants. It was also pointed out that as a poor country, Haitians don't have fishing gear, so they marked where their traps were by floating soda cans tied to them, or by using plastic bottles.

Not boring at all, but that's just me. I think a place is worth it if I learn something new, and I was amazed at the contrast between Labadee and the rest of Haiti - although I wasn't surprised. My only regret is that I don't swim, and because of that I missed out on swimming (the boat stops and lets you swim for a few minutes) to the mainland and talking (or trying to) a Haitian fisherman who happened to be there.

That said, I've been to Nassau twice and don't know what I'll do when the ship stops there dring our 2010 cruise. Perhaps get my passport stamped again. At least in St. Martin/St. Maarten there are still places to see, and actually, we're thinking of flying to Saba or taking the ferry to Anguilla.

However, I don't like heat so unless it is in their winter, I will no longer go to a hot and humid place. I was born and raised in Florida and even as an infant, I loathed that sticky, lassitude - producing weather. Give me temperatures below 50 degrees and I am a happy traveler.

Traveling in poorer countries can be very humbling if you have the right mindset and don't expect everything to be as it is at home. Africa and Antarctica are by far my absolute fave places in the world because they let me see a glimpse of what the world was like before it was overrun with souvenir shops, hotels, car rental places, etc.

Traveling in any Buddhist country is wonderful because of the graciousness, kindness and humility of most of the people. Vietnam, though poor, is one of the friendliest places I have been.

Australia is just wonderful; so big and varied and the people are welcoming, friendly, helpful and just plain fun!

I have enjoyed almost everywhere I have been in the 37 countries to which I have traveled thus far. The one exception is a city in Europe which I found far less friendly and polite than I would have thought given that it is touted as one of the most liberal, laidback cities in the world.

Nicely stated. I have always tried to live with an open mind and have found through the years that ports and places that once did not appeal to me often become more appealing as I get older. Or I will visit places that I would have thought would not be terribly interesting -- and I'm often quite surprised once I get there.

When it comes to travel (and most other things in life), I find it's better to "Never say never!"

For me, I never again want to go to Nassau, Bahamas. I have been there three times on three different cruises. Once was way more than enough.

Agreed. The only reason for us to get off the ship in Nassau is if we need to buy a bottle of Nassau Royal Liqueur to take home. Otherwise, it's a nice and quiet "sea" day on the ship without so many passengers onboard.:)

beachchick

There I am on the other end of the spectrum, balancing you out -- I avoid anywhere where the temperature is regularly above 80 degrees. :)

I'm with you JDinWA I like it cool, crisp and sometimes even cold. That's why I choose Wisconsin.

Africa, Alaska, Middle East or anyplace cold, and that includes Alaska.

I agree with you on Africa and the Middle East. I used to think that about Alaska, but a friend talked me into going and I had a lot of trepidation regarding the cold. I am used to the heat in Phoenix (It's 115 today).

So, I got really brave and went. Took tons of bulky sweaters. Never wore them. Gave them away. Never really got cold, either, but we went in July. Wore a light jacket and that was it except for the one day I stood on deck and watched the Marjorie Glacier calve for about 2 hours--but that was my choice. Others watched it from inside the ship, but I wanted to hear it in all its glory. On that trip, we saw bears, salmon, mountain sheep, moose, caribou. One of my favorite trips and I STILL hate the cold weather!

I hate to say it because I'm sure I'll get flamed...But I have no intentions on ever going to Alaska...or anywhere else on vacation where the temp is below 80 degrees.

I agree. I live in a colder climate and I just want to feel that nice warm weather on my skin when I am on vacation. :)

Obvious ones have been mentioned.

I also have no desire to do a cruise to Australia or New Zealand--not because I don't want to visit but because I'd rather do a land tour and see more of each country.

Most everything to see is coastal! 95 % of people live around the coast. New Zealand Cruise was one of our best!

"I so agree with "no desire to go to India"...If I had to pick 3 places I would never want to go India would be all 3. No desire to have to pack food in a suitcase. Part of the fun of vacation is the food and I wouldn't trust anything even in the finest hotel. The begging is the saddest thing and the upper-class don't have sympathy "do give them money, it spoils them" and their opinion of Americans...they want our jobs and our money, but feel our children are "lazy, disrepectful and stupid." Do you work with any from India that have hi-jacked our jobs??? Have you seen the documentaries? Listened to their cultural beliefs? What's beautiful? Maybe the Taj Mahal, but not the faces of the disfigured children and adults, the suffering on the streets and in the slums, their ethics, morality, love of their own people??? I'd sooner visit a leper colony."

Griffy -

I LIVED in India for almost a year. Lived there. I don't need to "see the documentaries," I lived there. If you have never been, please do not judge. It IS a beautiful country. I ate in less-than-fine hotels and restaurants and never once did I get sick - NEVER ONCE! And I ate some of the most fantastic traditional food. I constantly look for Indian food here in the US and have seldom found any that remotely matches up.

You may say that they are trying to steal our jobs, but that wouldn't happen if our companies wouldn't offer. What about their cultural beliefs - are ours better? Hinduism is a beautiful religion and there are many Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, Sikhs, Jews, etc. living there in harmony (the only really problem area with religious strife is Jammu & Kashmir, but look at the problems they have had in Northern Ireland). How much hate is there still in the United States . . . especially for people from countries we assume to be superior to . . .

I never saw a problem with begging and people telling me not to give. Did you know that a stage of life in the Hindu religion REQUIRES people to become beggars? Have you been to a big city in the US? I have seen beggars and homelessness there as well.

You have not convinced me that you have any reasons not to visit India. You are a perfect example of a *******

Edited by Host Sheila

Griffy -

You have not convinced me that you have any reasons not to visit India. You are a perfect example of a *******

This is a message board where everyone has a valid opinion. If everyone has to agree with you, you are in the wrong place. tata.

No one, I repeat, no one has to JUSTIFY OR CONVINCE you of their opinions and reasons.