Access to room to stash luggage

luna13

Now here is a dumb question :). Can one access their room just to stash their carry-on IF the large corridor doors are still closed? I have stashed the luggage when the doors were open (prior to the "rooms are ready") announcement, but I am curious as to whether I can pop in if the corridor doors are still closed. TIA!

Now here is a dumb question :). Can one access their room just to stash their carry-on IF the large corridor doors are still closed? I have stashed the luggage when the doors were open (prior to the "rooms are ready") announcement, but I am curious as to whether I can pop in if the corridor doors are still closed. TIA!

People have done it in the past, mostly before the FTTF program. Nowadays they are pretty strict about someone "popping" in as that is a perk of FTTF/Platinum/Diamond status. Another problem is that other than the cabins that have been made for FTTF/P/D all cabins are open and are entered by lots of people. No security for the stuff you "drop"....

Edited by bobsfamily

Your cabin may not be ready as the stewards are busy getting Diamond/Platinum/FTTF cabins ready as soon as embarkation begins. If you leave your personal items in the cabin, don't expect the steward to keep an eye on them. Purchase FTTF so you can drop them off and be safe.

Edited by elliair

We've actually done that once. Yes, the door was open & the steward was in the hallway. We asked if we could drop off & were told yes. The rest of the time we either hung on to our stuff while we ate or our cabin was already ready.

Signs say "Do not enter", don't mean to sound rude but that pretty much sums up your question.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

+this

NOT directed at the OP but I always wonder what goes through someones mind when they read a sign that says DO NOT ENTER and thinks... I wonder if I can enter...

Edited by hftmrock

There is something else to think about, too. If you don't have priority boarding (Diamond, Platinum, FTTF, etc.) and just want to drop off your luggage so you don't have to schlep it around, it could, depending on how many bags you have, be a problem for your cabin steward. Just imagine how much of a p.i.t.a. it would be for the steward to have to work around your bags while trying to get your cabin cleaned and ready for you. Now multiply that problem by however many non-priority cabins the steward has to take care of. If everyone dropped off their bags at their cabins right after embarking, that could slow down the process of getting everyone's cabins ready. Unless you have priority boarding, it would be best to follow the rules and keep your bags with you until the cabins are ready.

Good to know. I should point out, I haven't seen "do not enter" signs"-just the large doors closed, and figured that meant "keep out". However, I see so many people posting about dumping their luggage in their rooms first, I wondered if I was incorrect.

We asked if we could drop off & were told yes. .

Since they make their entire living off of customer service where No is not an option,,, what did you really expect them to say?

Shout NO YOU CAN'T!

Whereby you go to the front desk, remove all gratuities, front desk asks why, you say the cabin steward was rude and shouted, whereby, the cabin steward gets sent home.

Your cabin may not be ready as the stewards are busy getting Diamond/Platinum/FTTF cabins ready as soon as embarkation begins. If you leave your personal items in the cabin, don't expect the steward to keep an eye on them. Purchase FTTF so you can drop them off and be safe.

Agree with you, elliar.

Platinum/Diamond/FTTF cabins are ready and doors are locked so your carry-on luggage is safe.

The other cabins are still being cleaned so your items would be in the way or could be taken by anyone entering the room

Obey the rules.

As above, have done it as Platinum, but your belongings will not be secure. I have seen many a cabin door wide open at this time and everybody is kind of on their honor.

We had FTTF in August for our breeze cruise. Every other cabin door in our area was propped open except for ours because it was ready. This was at around 11:50

even without FTTF you can still have your bags delivered to your room, why shlep them around. So, it might be a couple of hours later.

For those who have to carry things on, such as a CPAP machine, or want to take cokes, wine, etc. FTTF makes it very easy to drop off them off.

Oh and also it would make it LEGAL.

Oh and also it would make it LEGAL.

Maybe a better word, since no one is breaking a law, would be proper or permissable.

For those that don't know embarkation times here is the printed list from Carnival.

https://help.carnival.com/ci/fattach/get/677/1433523417/redirect/1/filename/Embarkation%20Hours.pdf

Since they make their entire living off of customer service where No is not an option,,, what did you really expect them to say?

Shout NO YOU CAN'T!

Whereby you go to the front desk, remove all gratuities, front desk asks why, you say the cabin steward was rude and shouted, whereby, the cabin steward gets sent home.

No, Frodo - if I was told no, then I would just turn around & go back. There would be no need for a shouting match. And no, I would not remove gratuities - that's just wrong.

The time we did it, the steward told us where we could put the luggage where it would not be in the way - don't recall whether it was in a corner, closet or under bed. Seems like he was done with everything except the bathroom. No way do we want to make our steward's job more difficult. We do our best to keep a clean cabin so they don't have to pick up after us in order to clean. We are not unreasonable, entitled people, but you don't get what you don't ask for and you don't know the answer until you ask the question.

For those that don't know embarkation times here is the printed list from Carnival.

https://help.carnival.com/ci/fattach/get/677/1433523417/redirect/1/filename/Embarkation%20Hours.pdf

Ha! Those times are a joke, and you, being an experienced cruiser, no doubt know that as well as I do. That's just when they'd like the gullible first time cruisers to show up, to balance out the fact that most of us here know you can easily be on the ship by lunchtime even without FTTF.

In most instances at least. Perhaps not at some ports, and if there was a problem with that particular sailing all bets are off. But if, for example, you show up for a cruise out of Port Everglades at 10:30 or 11:00, you'll most likely be on board by perhaps 12:30. Not arrive starting at 1:30, as your timetable says.

If they didn't want us on board yet, they wouldn't be letting us onboard and serving us lunch.

Though it wouldn't surprise me if over time they start drawing a hard line on boarding early without FTTF in order to boost FTTF sales.

Edited by Earthworm Jim

Shout NO YOU CAN'T!

Right. If you really want to know if something is OK to do, don't ask the person who could potentially be penalized it they say no, go to Guest Services and ask the person who won't experience any repercussions when they explain the rules to you.

In our case, we had FTTF on our recent cruise. All the doors were locked to our deck. I called Guest Services on the phone near the elevators. No answer. I headed back to the buffet where I found a member of staff wearing a Just Ask Me t-shirt. Hmm I asked, they were no help. Doors weren't open until after we ate lunch.

Ha! Those times are a joke, and you, being an experienced cruiser, no doubt know that as well as I do. That's just when they'd like the gullible first time cruisers to show up, to balance out the fact that most of us here know you can easily be on the ship by lunchtime even without FTTF.

In most instances at least. Perhaps not at some ports, and if there was a problem with that particular sailing all bets are off. But if, for example, you show up for a cruise out of Port Everglades at 10:30 or 11:00, you'll most likely be on board by perhaps 12:30. Not arrive starting at 1:30, as your timetable says.

If they didn't want us on board yet, they wouldn't be letting us onboard and serving us lunch.

Though it wouldn't surprise me if over time they start drawing a hard line on boarding early without FTTF in order to boost FTTF sales.

Doesn't matter what we think or even know. These are the embarkation times set by Carnival and published on their web site. And I provide these because they are one of the "rules" that should be adhered to but aren't. If you board at these times you're rooms will be ready and you will have access to them...end of story.

ETA: People carry-on their valuables, then leave them in an open room thinking the steward will watch out for their personal stuff....what happens if something turns up missing?

Edited by Sweet Dutch Girl

I always drop my things off as soon as I board, and head upstairs to get my lunch.