Am I limited on stuffing my face with the dining package?

jokunokun

That really is the best way I can think of to put it. Our Escape cruise this Saturday will be my first ever so I have absolutely no idea what to expect going in. We have the UBP and the dining package for four nights. We've made reservations for Teppanyaki, Moderno, and Bayamo already, and I'm hoping there will be reservations available for our fourth night at either Pincho or Food Republic once we're on board.

At the risk of sounding like a pig, I'm really just curious about what the limitations are at these specialty restaurants. I know Cagneys has an additional fee for extra entrees, but I have zero clue about the other places. Particularly the a la carte ones. What if I want to indulge (be a glutton)?

Sorry if this has been gone over before. I searched, but couldn't find quite what I was looking for. I've been lurking since we booked our cruise for this Saturday, and appreciate everyone's posts and input.

I'm hoping there will be reservations available for our fourth night at either Pincho or Food Republic once we're on board.

Food Republic doesn't take reservations and isn't included in the dining package.

I'm not sure about Pincho. I'm pretty sure it doesn't take reservations and have a feeling it isn't part of the dining package. As mentioned above, check the terms to confirm.

In my experience, there was no limitation. WE were able to order anything we wanted with the Dining package - we were not even charged extra at Cagney's for any extra that was ordered. This was under the old Ultimate Dining Package.

In my experience, there was no limitation. WE were able to order anything we wanted with the Dining package - we were not even charged extra at Cagney's for any extra that was ordered. This was under the old Ultimate Dining Package.

Thanks. This was more in line what I was looking for. I read Terms and Conditions, and the FAQ, and didn't see a "gluttony clause" or anything similar, so no, my answer couldn't be found there.

Thanks. This was more in line what I was looking for. I read Terms and Conditions, and the FAQ, and didn't see a "gluttony clause" or anything similar, so no, my answer couldn't be found there.

Apologies for any inadequacies in my previous answer. :)

Multiple entrees are chargeable in Cagneys and Le Bistro (possibly La Cucina as well). I'm not sure from the previous poster whether the extras they got included entrees, but if so then they got away with it.

Additional apps, deserts and sides are not charged extra.

Humors note: Doggy bags and Styro not allowed !

For the ravenous sort - there is always food somewhere on a cruise ship -

But it is not as if you need to do a scavenger hunt !

Always read the Terms & Conditions and see how far your stomach can stretch the rules !

Edited by don't-use-real-name

That really is the best way I can think of to put it. Our Escape cruise this Saturday will be my first ever so I have absolutely no idea what to expect going in. We have the UBP and the dining package for four nights. We've made reservations for Teppanyaki, Moderno, and Bayamo already, and I'm hoping there will be reservations available for our fourth night at either Pincho or Food Republic once we're on board.

At the risk of sounding like a pig, I'm really just curious about what the limitations are at these specialty restaurants. I know Cagneys has an additional fee for extra entrees, but I have zero clue about the other places. Particularly the a la carte ones. What if I want to indulge (be a glutton)?

Sorry if this has been gone over before. I searched, but couldn't find quite what I was looking for. I've been lurking since we booked our cruise for this Saturday, and appreciate everyone's posts and input.

THIS MAY HELP YOU

IN WHICH VENUES WILL MY SPECIALTY DINING PACKAGE BE HONORED?

Specialty dining packages are honored in Cagney's Steakhouse, Moderno Churrascaria, Teppanyaki and our French and Italian restaurants across the fleet, as well as Margaritaville on board Norwegian Escape. Guests who have purchased the package may also choose to dine in other select à la carte priced restaurants, entertainment-based restaurants, Bayamo, Pincho Tapas Bar, and Ocean Blue restaurants, for the following per person upcharges:

The Supper Club - $15

•Ocean Blue - $15

•Bayamo - $15

•Cirque Dreams/Illusionarium - $10 regular seats/$15 premium seats/$35 VIP seating on Breakaway

•Sushi -$7

•Raw Bar - $7 (does not include Seafood Plateau. If ordered, the upcharge is to be waived)

•Pincho Tapas Bar - $7

term & conditons

Specialty Dining Packages are available via pre-sell or onboard purchase on days 1 and 2 of the voyage only. On 3-day sailings the package is only for sale on day 1. No refunds are available if fewer restaurants are visited. Specialty Dining Packages are non-transferable. An 18% gratuity and specialty service charge will be added to the package price. Reservations are not required for Specialty Dining Package guests, however, tables reserved onboard will be subject to availability. We encourage you to log in to My NCL to make dining reservations in advance for specific night(s) of your cruise. Specialty Dining Packages are based on a per meal basis and include our steakhouses, churrascarias, French, Italian and Teppanyaki restaurants. You may choose to dine in entertainment-based and certain a la carte priced restaurants for an additional charge. Dining options vary by ship. Guests who have purchased a Specialty Dining Package and wish to dine at one of the following venues will be charged an Upcharge instead of the full cover charge or a la carte price: Ocean Blue - $15 (does not include Seafood Extravaganza. If ordered, the upcharge is to be waived); Bayamo - $15; Cirque/Illusionarium - $10 regular seating/$15 premium seating/$35 VIP seating on Breakaway; Supper Club-$15; Sushi -$7; Pincho Tapas Bar - $7; Raw Bar - $7 (does not include Seafood Plateau. If ordered, the upcharge is to be waived). If the Upcharge option is selected, that visit will be counted towards one of the meals in the package. Room Service, Mini Bar, Food Republic and District Brewhouse, Specialty Items in the Asian restaurant, Hot Rock, a la carte items in the Main Dining Rooms, The Bake Shop items, The Bake Shop, O’ Sheehan’s Ice Cream Bar, Gelato, Chef's Table, Special Occasion/Holiday menus (New Year's, Christmas, etc.), Jazz Brunch, Wine Lovers and Murder Mystery lunches, and beverages are not included as part of the Specialty Dining Packages. No kids pricing available for Specialty Dining Package. Excludes all 1 and 2 day sailings. Charges will apply for additional main course orders.

How much is the upcharge for a wafer-thin mint? :D

Enjoy your cruise! There will be lots of tasty food to try. There are relatively few limits on the extras you can order, but I guess there are some special rules about the priciest stuff, like that Seafood Extravaganza that's mentioned in the Terms & Conditions.

Edited by JustAllie

Only 1 main but as much as you like of starters or desserts. But you will have trouble eating too many of either unless you are a real big eater.

The appetizers are the best part! Who could do more than one entree after trying two or three of them! :eek:

"gluttony clause" - HA HA!! That's funny. That's also a really good question since we have the four-night promo too and I was wonder the same so thanks for asking:D

Here is exactly what we experienced May 1-8th on the Getaway- with Moderno and Tepp. being a flat/fixed menu & Moderno being all you care to eat! :) Cagneys told us the new rule is one app, one salad, one soup, one entree, 2 sides each and one dessert. In Le Bistro we were told we could choose 2 selections from the starters- which included apps, salads and soups, one entree (sides were with it) and one dessert. My 16 year old son really wanted to try 2 of the desserts and when he expressed this the waiter happily brought over both and did not charge us. I cannot say 100% that this is what you will experience on the Escape but every staff member on the Getaway we asked confirmed this new "unwritten" rule for Cagney's and Le Bistro. We did not do La Cucina so I am not sure what their policy is. :)

In my humble opinion Modernos is the only pay to ear restaurant that is worthwhile. Two cruises with Norwegian and it is the only place we treat ourselves to.The salad bar is superb, but don't fill up too much. They will be bringing you rounds and rounds of meat and chicken etc. You will not leave hungry! They also have some amazing drinks as well. Enjoy!

We just got off the Escape. Enjoy!

Teppanyaki is a fixed meal, but they serve a lot of food.

Monderno, meat fest, eat until you drop

Bayamo, Cagneys, Le Bistro, La Cucinna, One entree, as many appetizers, sides, and deserts as you can eat. If you are hungry, at Cagney's, they have a 39 oz Rib Eye on the bone - see many people taking "caveman" pictures holding the steak by the bone. Note: Bayamos is a more "elegant" restaurant and the portions are smaller - if you are into massive amounts of food

Food Republic - a la carte and not part of dining program - we went there for lunch 2 days

Pinchos Tappas, for $7 upcharge, you can eat tapas until you drop. We did this for lunch.

Edited by BirdTravels

Here is exactly what we experienced May 1-8th on the Getaway- with Moderno and Tepp. being a flat/fixed menu & Moderno being all you care to eat! :) Cagneys told us the new rule is one app, one salad, one soup, one entree, 2 sides each and one dessert. In Le Bistro we were told we could choose 2 selections from the starters- which included apps, salads and soups, one entree (sides were with it) and one dessert. My 16 year old son really wanted to try 2 of the desserts and when he expressed this the waiter happily brought over both and did not charge us. I cannot say 100% that this is what you will experience on the Escape but every staff member on the Getaway we asked confirmed this new "unwritten" rule for Cagney's and Le Bistro. We did not do La Cucina so I am not sure what their policy is. :)

Thanks for your personal experience!

This is the thing that drives me crazy about NCL and their forever "unwritten" rules... when I purchase something and I read and accept the stated T&Cs... I am expecting the company to abide by exactly the T&Cs they themselves have put out there that is a part of a legal transaction... There is nowhere in the T&Cs that limit the food other than "Charges will apply for additional main course orders."

This is the thing that drives me crazy about NCL and their forever "unwritten" rules... when I purchase something and I read and accept the stated T&Cs... I am expecting the company to abide by exactly the T&Cs they themselves have put out there that is a part of a legal transaction... There is nowhere in the T&Cs that limit the food other than "Charges will apply for additional main course orders."

On the Jade May 1st in Cagney's there was no limit to appetizers or desserts with the SDP. True in Le Bistro too the end of April.

I would also look to see what was in place when you booked your cruise.

On my next cruise, I still have the OLD ultimate dining package as I booked the upcoming cruise before they started messing with the package. When I look at my amenities page this is what mine says:

Capture.jpg.91c64e47e475ffb285ed273eb0130138.jpg

Cruisermom, when you were informed of this at Cagneys, you should have informed the waiter that these rules were not spelled out in the terms and conditions of the dining package you purchased. They tried this same story at Cagneys in March on the POA, and when I insisted this was not correct, she said she'd have to talk to her manager. She quickly returned and told us we could order anything we wanted.

esm54687, I expect a company to abide by their terms and conditions also, and I am not about to let them get away with these things. They can change the T&Cs anytime they want, but only for "future" sales, not backdated to include something I purchased months ago. And as far as I know, the terms are still not updated to include anything different than what was posted earlier in this thread.

Since the a la carte menus were launched last October, the report from the Getaway above is the third time someone on here has said about being limited on the number of apps and deserts.

One of those reports was from someone who's cruise history showed them having not cruises in about a year and they refused to answer and questions about it, so I have discounted their input.

Meanwhile, countless people have reported not having any restriction.

I would recommend to anyone who plans to order multiple items to take along a copy of the T&Cs and argue their case.

Experience suggests that it won't be necessary, but you never know.

I would recommend to anyone who plans to order multiple items to take along a copy of the T&Cs and argue their case.

Experience suggests that it won't be necessary, but you never know.

Slightly different topic... NCL usually grandfathers you if the T&Cs change between the time you book and the time you sail for many things. I'm not planning on going to Ocean Blue, but if I were, the Seafood Extravaganza restriction on the SDP didn't exist a year ago. I think I'd try to fight that one.