Crown & Anchor and Celebrity?

Truluv

I recall a lot of posts about this a year or two ago, but can someone remind me whether we can earn Crown & Anchor points on Celebrity cruises? I'm considering doing either a RCL or Celebrity cruise this summer. I realized I'll be turning diamond on my booked 2/17 cruise with RCL, which might tip the scales to RCL.

On the other hand, I'm tempted to try Celebrity again especially if I got Crown & Anchor points for the trip. It's been a long time since our family cruised with Celebrity. (At the time, I thought it was too quiet and formal. Now that I'm a lot older and quieter myself as a nearly-retired widow planning my 2nd solo cruise, it might be a fit.)

You only earn points with the line you are cruising with - the points are not shared. Points earned on Celebrity stay with the Celebrity loyalty program and the points earned on RCI stay with RCI.

But the tier level benefits beginning at RCI Diamond, however, are reciprocal with Celebrity, beginning at Celebrity Elite, when cruising on either line.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I recall a lot of posts about this a year or two ago, but can someone remind me whether we can earn Crown & Anchor points on Celebrity cruises? I'm considering doing either a RCL or Celebrity cruise this summer. I realized I'll be turning diamond on my booked 2/17 cruise with RCL, which might tip the scales to RCL.

On the other hand, I'm tempted to try Celebrity again especially if I got Crown & Anchor points for the trip. It's been a long time since our family cruised with Celebrity. (At the time, I thought it was too quiet and formal. Now that I'm a lot older and quieter myself as a nearly-retired widow planning my 2nd solo cruise, it might be a fit.)

You will only earn C&A points on RC, so if you take your next cruise on Celebrity, you will not achieve diamond status. However, if you cruise on RC, you'll get your points and be diamond, and at that point you can contact Celebrity and request a Captain's Club membership, and because of the reciprocal benefits you will be eligible for the elite level. You won't actually have points on Celebrity, but you'll be treated as elite in the future.

You only earn points with the line you are cruising with - the points are not shared. Points earned on Celebrity stay with the Celebrity loyalty program and the points earned on RCI stay with RCI.

But the tier level benefits beginning at RCI Diamond, however, are reciprocal with Celebrity, beginning at Celebrity Elite, when cruising on either line.

Just to clarify:

The matching status begins at Platinum. Celebrity recognizes C&A Platinum and Emerald as Select.

Diamond and up are recognized as Elite.

And vice versa, of course.

:)

We have never heard a decent explanation of why RCI and Celebrity give reciprocal benefits to all the lower levels of their programs but completely diss the Pinnacles and Zeniths who are their most loyal customers. One would think they would welcome these passengers (with full benefits) on either of their brands.

We have never heard a decent explanation of why RCI and Celebrity give reciprocal benefits to all the lower levels of their programs but completely diss the Pinnacles and Zeniths who are their most loyal customers. One would think they would welcome these passengers (with full benefits) on either of their brands.

I don't believe they are 'dissing' Pinnacles or Zeniths when they don't offer more reciprocal benefits to them when they cross lines. What they are giving cruisers beginning at the lower levels are some benefits for choosing the other family brand and at the same time starting them on their way to earn points in their own right on the sister brand.

We are Diamond and if we found a Celebrity cruise that we wanted to take it is nice to receive the benefits of Elite, even though we are beginning our own point status w/Celebrity. It will probably not be until we reach D+ that we actually do take a Celebrity cruise however.

Everything doesn't have to be equal. It makes better business sense to do it the way they are doing it, even though that may not be what you want to hear, because it creates more incentive to earn your own points on both lines.

Edited by Paulette3028

I'd always choose a cruise based on price, ports, date, and the cruiseline experience overall rather than just to get a few points toward a new loyalty level. We're Diamond on RCCL and it's great, but the only substantial benefit is the balcony discount. Free drinks at night are cool too. But obtaining loyalty points would be the lowest priority I can imagine when deciding on a cruise.

I'd always choose a cruise based on price, ports, date, and the cruiseline experience overall rather than just to get a few points toward a new loyalty level. We're Diamond on RCCL and it's great, but the only substantial benefit is the balcony discount. Free drinks at night are cool too. But obtaining loyalty points would be the lowest priority I can imagine when deciding on a cruise.

I totally agree with you....we choose a cruise because it is the cruise we want to go on and so far Royal has offered us the dates, prices, ports that work for us along with the fact that the experience we have had on past sailings has been great fun.

We have seen a couple of Celebrity cruises that we will take in the future when the time that is needed (longer cruise and then adding a few days shoreside) is what we can do.

And yes, the balcony discount is very nice as Diamonds and gets a little better at D+, and since we are not big drinkers the free drinks and access to the lounge are nice.

We waited until reaching Diamond to try Celebrity. Then got our TA to send in our C&A number to Celebrity. That's when we got Elite status in Celebrity.

But, we only have to reach Elite Plus the slow way. Since we only have points for the three cruises we've taken w/ Celebrity. The perks at Elite are still fantastic! And their points are based on Category and number of rooms. If you stay in a Reflection Suite, you get something like 15 points per night! Concierge Class is 5 points per night, and so forth.

Edited by knittinggirl

As a D member on RCI, I really enjoyed the reciprocal Elite benefits on Celebrity. So if you are approaching D on RCI, better to do that and then go on a Celebrity cruise IMO.

Precisely my point in my original post. RCI would receive more revenue, over an extended period of time, if they had reciprocal membership benefits for ALL their loyalty levels.

If you are a frequent cruiser (Diamond Plus or Pinnacle) why would RCI want to risk you trying Crystal, or Seabourn, Viking or Oceana?????? If you received Zenith benefits reciprocally for your Pinnacle status you would be much more likely to try Celebrity.

Thanks! I guess I'll stick with RCL again, to reach platinum.

you will get more pts by upgrading to concierge class on aqua on celebrity...

I got to platinum because of reciprocal on both lines because of these classes.

You may need think the extra money is worth it.

Barbara

If you think that they are dissing anyone then add Diamond Plus and Elite Plus to your list. They only get Elite and Diamond benefits too. I have no problem with them not giving away the store in reciprocal benefits. While what they give us is nice, I sail with them because I like both lines not because of the benefits.

you will get more pts by upgrading to concierge class on aqua on celebrity...

I got to platinum because of reciprocal on both lines because of these classes.

You may need think the extra money is worth it.

Barbara

I am Diamond on RC and Elite+ on Celebrity, sailed in Concierge, and AQ. As much I like AQ, in MHO, to pay so much more for it just to get points - absolutely not worth it. AQ experience sometimes is worth it.

If you think that they are dissing anyone then add Diamond Plus and Elite Plus to your list. They only get Elite and Diamond benefits too. I have no problem with them not giving away the store in reciprocal benefits. While what they give us is nice, I sail with them because I like both lines not because of the benefits.

I agree 100%. D+ & Pinnacles, Elite+ & Zeniths are the most loyal of all their customers but their benefits are not reciprocated. By what logic do you reward your lowest revenue passengers better than your highest revenue ones?

I am Diamond on RC and Elite+ on Celebrity, sailed in Concierge, and AQ. As much I like AQ, in MHO, to pay so much more for it just to get points - absolutely not worth it. AQ experience sometimes is worth it.

Concierge Class (Balcony w/ Benefits) is a little larger than regular balconies, but for us, DH prefers something the size of Royal Caribbean Junior Suites. Which you have to pay full suite rates to obtain on Celebrity. I may have not been too grumpy about it, but the Next Cruise Booking's stuck me in a room with a super small balcony, which might as well have been a Panoramic Oceanview for how useful the balcony was.

One more thing we'll need to watch out for.

Edited by knittinggirl

I agree 100%. D+ & Pinnacles, Elite+ & Zeniths are the most loyal of all their customers but their benefits are not reciprocated. By what logic do you reward your lowest revenue passengers better than your highest revenue ones?

They don't HAVE to give anyone anything. I think it's nice that they do what they do. They do recognize and reward the loyal cruisers on their own line.

By what logic do you reward your lowest revenue passengers better than your highest revenue ones?

Unless I'm missing something, they don't. D, D-Plus, and Pinnacle equal Elite. Elite, Elite Plus, and Zenith equal Diamond. Who's getting better benefits? What other cruise line even has reciprocal benefits other than Royal, Celebrity, and Azamara?

Unless I'm missing something, they don't. D, D-Plus, and Pinnacle equal Elite. Elite, Elite Plus, and Zenith equal Diamond. Who's getting better benefits? What other cruise line even has reciprocal benefits other than Royal, Celebrity, and Azamara?

MSC is currently offering reciprocal benefits to anyone from any cruise line. Just provide MSC with proof of your current level of membership and they will match it. If you are Diamond Plus/Pinnacle or Elite Plus/Zenith, MSC will give you immediate Black Card (their equivalent of Zenith or Pinnacle). Their only requirement is that you do at least a 7 day cruise with them once every three years to retain your Back Card status.

MSC is an excellent example of using benefits to attract and keep frequent cruisers. RCI is telling their very best customers "thanks for sailing with us but it's back to the beginning if you want to try one of our other brands". RCI would do themselves a big favor if they would re-examine their current dysfunctional reciprocal policies.

MSC is currently offering reciprocal benefits to anyone from any cruise line. Just provide MSC with proof of your current level of membership and they will match it. If you are Diamond Plus/Pinnacle or Elite Plus/Zenith, MSC will give you immediate Black Card (their equivalent of Zenith or Pinnacle). Their only requirement is that you do at least a 7 day cruise with them once every three years to retain your Back Card status.

MSC is an excellent example of using benefits to attract and keep frequent cruisers. RCI is telling their very best customers "thanks for sailing with us but it's back to the beginning if you want to try one of our other brands". RCI would do themselves a big favor if they would re-examine their current dysfunctional reciprocal policies.

With the Royal/Celebrity reciprocal relationship their is no requirement to 'take at least a 7 day cruise with them every 3 years to retain your Black Card status'.

You never lose the reciprocal status you gain between the two lines as you earn your own points of the 'sister line' while you enjoy frequent cruiser perks.

With the Royal/Celebrity reciprocal relationship their is no requirement to 'take at least a 7 day cruise with them every 3 years to retain your Black Card status'.

You never lose the reciprocal status you gain between the two lines as you earn your own points of the 'sister line' while you enjoy frequent cruiser perks.

I don't have a clue what your point is. MSC is giving you something for NOTHING just for giving them a try. If after accepting their offer, you decide MSC is not for you, why would you even care if your MSC membership expired in 3 years??????

I don't have a clue what your point is. MSC is giving you something for NOTHING just for giving them a try. If after accepting their offer, you decide MSC is not for you, why would you even care if your MSC membership expired in 3 years??????

Royal or Celebrity is encouraging you to try their other brand in just as much the same way, without strings to continue if you like it.

If someone doesn't they will stay with the brand they like in either case.

RCI is telling their very best customers "thanks for sailing with us but it's back to the beginning if you want to try one of our other brands". RCI would do themselves a big favor if they would re-examine their current dysfunctional reciprocal policies.

'Back to the beginning' is some pretty good hyperbole and MSC's match doesn't even equal Diamond and Elite benefits. It's a great marketing tool but they're giving you less in benefits than the reciprocals you already get on Celebrity and Royal. That's not a complaint but it's really not a match either.