Join us for a live chat with Christopher Edgington, VP Marketing P&O Cruises

Adam Coulter

Hi everyone

we're very excited to announce that the Vice President of Marketing at P&O Cruises Christopher Edgington will be joining us for a live online chat on Wednesday December 2.

He will be talking about all things P&O Cruises, looking ahead to 2016 and answering any questions you have about the line.

The chat starts at 4pm on Wednesday, but you can post your questions now here: http://live.cruisecritic.com/Event/Cruise_Critic_Live_PO_Cruises_2016_and_Beyond

We look forward to you joining us next Wednesday!

Me too... it seems we have lost Adonia to young Americans paying the earth to save the world and have a gap year .......... I have seen it described as below:-

Generally, passengers onboard Fathom will skew younger than the typical cruise passenger. The line is targeting older Millennials (defined as those born between 1980 and 2000) and families, as well as affluent Gen Xers and baby boomers.

Edited by Scriv

I think it's good that they made an effort to communicate with us within the forum. They are never going to say much that's new in this sort of environment and it's not that easy with multiple people in a room answering questions without opening up a hornets nest. So irrespective of anything I thought it was a positive thing to do. In particular they welcomed feedback about the loyalty scheme and confirmed they are reviewing it, I will be giving my feedback.

Yes I think you are right, Florry :)

They have to be very careful what they say, but it is good that they came on here and they will no doubt take away all the points and comments we have all made.

Edited by Scriv

Have just read it all.

At least they made the effort, but I wish they would do it in the evening when we are home from work to be able to join in rather than just read about it.

Makes me smile that there are so many people there to make sure that they give out the right corporate message.

Hopefully they will have the cruise and stay options for the Med.

I also wish they would have an Eastern Med option ......

Re the embarkation fiasco - now that's a whole new thread :D;)

Where can i find it all? I had to leave it part way through and now I cant see where to read it.

I got a bit frustrated because they wouldnt answer the questions...just the corporate response all the time. Whilst i suppose i didnt expect anything different really, i then wonder why they bother because they dont really want to hear anything that doesnt "fit" ....

Where can i find it all? I had to leave it part way through and now I cant see where to read it.

I got a bit frustrated because they wouldnt answer the questions...just the corporate response all the time. Whilst i suppose i didnt expect anything different really, i then wonder why they bother because they dont really want to hear anything that doesnt "fit" ....

You can find it all at the link given in the first post on this thread. (Unless they have taken it down already.)

Yes, I found some of the responses rather frustrating too. Still at least we have been able to make them aware of some of our concerns.

Regarding Adonia, I think our best chance of getting her back is if her new role is such a success that the following season they decide they need to use a bigger ship instead. Or if her new role is a total failure, of course, but P&O and Fathom seem to be implying that sales are going well.

Well both of my questions turned into a non-event.

All-inclusive to be offered any time soon?

Answer: You can get wine, coffee and soft drinks discounts.

Well I knew that before I posted the question

Port times being actual arrivals and departures? I did preempt the reply by saying I know there can be delays arriving and departing but give us a clue rather than having to look it up, other lines do.

Answer: We don't give the times as they may be inaccurate.

Sigh, same as last time he did this.

Well both of my questions turned into a non-event.

All-inclusive to be offered any time soon?

Answer: You can get wine, coffee and soft drinks discounts.

Well I knew that before I posted the question

Port times being actual arrivals and departures? I did preempt the reply by saying I know there can be delays arriving and departing but give us a clue rather than having to look it up, other lines do.

Answer: We don't give the times as they may be inaccurate.

Sigh, same as last time he did this.

Yes complete waste of time

I like Mr E, he looked after me personally re dramas with Mliitary OBC on board Aurora/Oriana a few months ago, as I am an Australian who served in the British Army. I initially got refused but after intervention by Mr E, I got it.

Bravo, Mr E.

I like Mr E, he looked after me personally re dramas with Mliitary OBC on board Aurora/Oriana a few months ago, as I am an Australian who served in the British Army. I initially got refused but after intervention by Mr E, I got it.

Bravo, Mr E.

To be fair, I thought that his own answers were a lot better than those by his acolytes.

I'm trying to think of other companies that put themselves to the trouble of a live discussion with their customers and invite feedback, maybe I don't go looking for it or maybe most don't? In large corporations the wheels of change can move slowly but I've seen some good things coming out of P&O when I reflect on things. I'm really looking forward to hearing what the changes are to loyalty, personally I'd really like them to move to a different platform so that within your 'points band' you can choose your benefit. Anyway I believe the person with the task of determining the way forward is called Amy (I'm sure she would prefer that to minion [emoji52]) I hope she can craft a solution that can take the scheme forward, and perhaps remove some of the dated elements of the existing scheme, replacing them with a more contemporary solution.

I'm trying to think of other companies that put themselves to the trouble of a live discussion with their customers and invite feedback, maybe I don't go looking for it or maybe most don't? In large corporations the wheels of change can move slowly but I've seen some good things coming out of P&O when I reflect on things. I'm really looking forward to hearing what the changes are to loyalty, personally I'd really like them to move to a different platform so that within your 'points band' you can choose your benefit. Anyway I believe the person with the task of determining the way forward is called Amy (I'm sure she would prefer that to minion [emoji52]) I hope she can craft a solution that can take the scheme forward, and perhaps remove some of the dated elements of the existing scheme, replacing them with a more contemporary solution.

Not sure that getting rid of the "dated elements" would help. We are talking about P&O.

What exactly were you thinking of?

The free WIFI I think is a non starter until they sort the connection and band width.