Upgrades

BandM

Just called to see if any upgrades were available for our cruise on Sunday. For the bargain price of $2,000 we could get into a balcony room. No thanks, thats more than we paid including tips!!! Has anyone ever received a last minute deal?

It happened to us the end of August- upsell not upgrade- from an inside to an OV- we received an email. When we called to get the price they could not find the email or price so they gave us an OV for FREE:)

I'm surprised they didn't pay you to move up.:rolleyes:

On our March oasis cruise, I had a JS guarantee and was assigned a Grand Suite. On my Liberty cruise next week, I booked a GS and took an up sell to an OS for $49.00.

I'll bet your real name is Ellen.;)

We once booked an inside cabin on the Enchantment of the Seas. We saw a rate for an outside cabin that was not much more than what we paid, so we change to the outside cabin....

Well, between the booking of the inside cabin and changing to the outside cabin, an email went out to us offering an upsell to an outside cabin. We called telling them about the letter and told them that we were already in an outside cabin.

We asked if they could offer an upsell from a outside to a balcony cabin, and we were told no... End of story!..... :eek:

Edited by Parrotheadtoo

How about a self-upgrade?

Went to check pricing last weekend on our upcoming Enchantment cruise on 10-19 and saw D1's for $34pp more than we paid for the OV.

You know I had to do it :D

Glad that you were able to go to a D1 after final payment date... You spoke to the right person..

We once tried to go from a balcony to a junior suite at an additional cost, and they would not change us..

Glad that you were able to go to a D1 after final payment date... You spoke to the right person..

We once tried to go from a balcony to a junior suite at an additional cost, and they would not change us..

They did not want to do it at first, the CSR said she did not see the price, after I escalated the new Rep said the system was locked due to my using some RCCL credit card points I had. She unlocked it, got me the upgrade, and kept the discount.

We've never been offered an upsell but we have been upgraded twice for free, once from a balcony to a JS and once from an interior to a JS. Both times we were called a few weeks before our cruise with the offer.

The second cruise was the first leg of a B2B so on the second leg, we had to go back to our interior. :eek: It was rough!:D

Sherri:)

What was the timeline before the cruise that anyone has gotten the upsell call or email? Has anyone called and asked for an upsell and gotten it? Have you only received one when booked with RCCL or do they offer them through travel agents too?

I have never gotten one from any cruise line so I am curious.

We're Diamond, not that that necessarily matters, and we have never been given a free or otherwise discounted upgrade in 11 cruises.

Don't feel alone. Nada...zip..never for me either. The extremely rare free upgrade (from the upgrade fairy that I swear is a myth :rolleyes:) is actually getting more rare over

the years.

I usually look forward to after the final payment date and then watch in the hopes that the fares go down to upgrade myself to a higher cat cabin. Those are also getting more rare as the fares don't seem to go down much any longer. Sigh.... :(

We haven't seen a free upgrade since our 3rd or 4th cruise. It's been so long I can't remember which one. We did get an upsell call for our Allure 2014. GS to something for $400. Don't remember what suite because we didn't take it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

What was the timeline before the cruise that anyone has gotten the upsell call or email? Has anyone called and asked for an upsell and gotten it? Have you only received one when booked with RCCL or do they offer them through travel agents too?

I have never gotten one from any cruise line so I am curious.

The two times we have been upgraded (never got an upsell offer) have been in the week before the cruise.