Choice Air - A Joke and a Ripoff

Zouave

I was interested in checking out Choice Air Flights so tried that link given by many people and completely agree with those who can't find Choice Air on that site. So, went to the Azamara site making sure the flag in the upper right was the US Flag as Choice Air is only for US Customers and under plan your cruise is a link to Choice Air. I'll also provide the direct link below: https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/plan/air-transfers/choiceair Hope this helps.

Yes, looks like you have to go through the Azamara site to get to Choice Air. Trying to go direct takes you elsewhere. Guess that's what the word "protected" means in the URL.

Edited by marinaro44

I was interested in checking out Choice Air Flights so tried that link given by many people and completely agree with those who can't find Choice Air on that site. So, went to the Azamara site making sure the flag in the upper right was the US Flag as Choice Air is only for US Customers and under plan your cruise is a link to Choice Air. I'll also provide the direct link below: https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/plan/air-transfers/choiceair Hope this helps.

I just type in http://www.choiceair.com , and it takes you to the site.

On a related note... in recent weeks, when I visit the Azamara website, it keeps changing the flag in the upper right hand corner, to various different countries.... so it makes sense to make sure your home country is set correctly. Of course, you are correct Dave, that if you wish to visit Choice Air via Azamara's website, it's probably best to set the flag to USA.

Hope this helps !

On a related note... in recent weeks, when I visit the Azamara website, it keeps changing the flag in the upper right hand corner, to various different countries.... so it makes sense to make sure your home country is set correctly. Of course, you are correct Dave, that if you wish to visit Choice Air via Azamara's website, it's probably best to set the flag to USA. Hope this helps !
Yes Host Andy, noticed the Flags changing themselves so decided to add the necessity to make sure the Flag is set for the Stars and Stripes. On a somewhat related issue Andy, am having a real problem pasting in a list on my Roll Call and seeing many strange characters when quoting a previous post. The really strange thing is that the strange characters showing up go away when posting but, while the list looks fine when I paste it into the forum, when I post it or Preview Post it, all of the returns go away and the list of people becomes a continuous list and no return show up. I've tried copying and pasting from the forum, pasting from the forum into word or excel and then pasting from there into the forum and so far nothing helps. Have written to Laura as well as your help desk with no response. Very strange doings in the forums lately. Thanks, Think I might just have found the problem, seems to be a Firefox compatibility with CC. Tried other browsers and no problem. Please pass on that this is only with Firefox and it is a new version to be compatible with Win 10 that I am also using but, didn't occur until I think when I upgraded to FF V40. Worked fine with Win 10 before the FF upgrade. Thanks again, Edited by rallydave

I'm not normally a fan of Choice Air because the prices are usually no better than I can find on my own, and I save a layer of management. But I've been flying fairly frequently for decades and am comfortable making my own arrangements.

Having said that, I just took a look at airfares for a trip next summer to Europe for a TA. Holy carp, Batman - BC prices are sky high when booking direct, but Choice Air could save us thousands of dollars, enough to be worth the slight additional hassle of booking through them and losing some control over my booking.

• 5 weeks later...

Choice Air provided outstanding service when we were delayed at our local airport before making connections in Houston and LA on to New Zealand. I called them as soon as we saw there might be a problem and they tracked us the whole day, ensuring that we made it between multiple terminals at each airport and on to NZ1 in the nick of time.

The times I have used Choice air I have done it on line for my cruise booking.

why call and have someone else look at the list of options when you can get the list in front of you and fiddle with the dates pre post cruise.

I get the list of flight options pick the one I like and book it.

One handy thing is if you have a booking you can do flight from anywhere to anywhere(not everything works but a lot do) not just for the cruise so if you find your cruise flights cheaper book them and you can use the opportunity to book flights for other trip you might be doing if they are cheaper.

Choice air also came through for us when we arrived back in Rome and the airport was closed because one of the terminals had a major fire. They rescheduled our flights and put us up on a hotel in the city and paid for the taxi both ways. Could not have been happier with their service.

We have used Choice Air twice and am very happy with them. Both were one ways to London. Last year booked it online. Booked business class and it was less than a 1/4 of what the airlines wanted. This year had to call because we were doing a B2B. But the difference was the same a last year saved a lot of money. Going to South America this fall with a round trip and Choice Air was $400 more than the airlines. You have to compare. They do seem to do better on one ways than the airlines.

We have used Choice Air twice and am very happy with them. Both were one ways to London. Last year booked it online. Booked business class and it was less than a 1/4 of what the airlines wanted. This year had to call because we were doing a B2B. But the difference was the same a last year saved a lot of money. Going to South America this fall with a round trip and Choice Air was $400 more than the airlines. You have to compare. They do seem to do better on one ways than the airlines.

The airlines(most) don't do one way transatlantic at sensible prices, you can get htem through consolodators, fot he BA and virgin these uselay are about the same as Choice if they have the flights.

With the cheap flights from UK to various desinations in Europe it can be worth chcking a split flight through London sometimes.

And for Southamton departures a UK charter does connections through Manchester from a few US hubs(Miami/Orlano/NY/Vegas/LA?) and sometime the prices are good but limited schedules.

• 2 weeks later...

Just booked multi-city flight for next year via Choice Air saving $700 ($2,500 Choice Air (including booking fee) vs. $3,200 all other options researched).

Only complaint is not an issue with Choice Air, but with the Virgin Atlantic flight of the trip. Virgin doesn't allow you to pick seat assignments like Delta or Air France without charging an early assignment fee.; talk about nickel-and-diming. Takes away from the booking/travel experience when the complete booking is under the Delta 'banner'.

• 4 weeks later...

We just had yet another positive experience with Choice Air a couple of weeks ago. Our Lufthansa flight to Europe was a United codeshare with an internal European connection, also Lufthansa. Upon checking in for the flight online, we discovered LH had put us in economy on the connecting flight, even though we had purchased business. I called Miami and they went to work on it full bore. Three hours before leaving for the airport they called to let us know they had rebooked everything on LH, avoiding the codeshare. Great customer service!

Called the Choice Air telephone line for a quote for airfare fo a cruise in 2016. Had airline fares up on computer before I made the call. After 15 minutes of wait time the agent quoted me a fare that was $700.00 above what I could book online with the airlines. (exact routing and class of service) Simply a rip-off. Avoid at all costs.

Like several others, we have had good luck with ChoiceAir on some trips. I always check direct booking with the airline compared to ChoiceAir and select the best combination of price and schedule. On one TA ChoiceAir got us one way Lufthansa tickets to Barcelona for less than $500US apiece. I just got ChoiceAir round trip British Air business class to Venice in May for less than half of what BA and others wanted for direct booking (even better than some coach fares.) While ChoiceAir may not be the cheapest on any given day for every flight, it certainly isn't always more expensive.

Regarding doing airline price searches, be sure to clear your cookies between searches.

More than once I have done a search on the same airline for the same routing and came up with a higher price. Cleared my cookies, did the same search, and the original lower fare magically appears.

I have seen this hint mentioned several times in travel columns on the Internet. While no one 'official' confirms that it actually works, it has worked for me and for friends.

So if all of a sudden you find yourself looking at a higher fare for the came routing, same airline, clear your cookies and do the search again.

Will Choice Air book refundable flights if that is what you want, and are willing to pay for it?

When I booked our last flight with Choice Air to London we got a really good price for business class. On top of that the fare was refundable. When the agent said that I was surprised. So yes you can get refundable fares.

Regarding doing airline price searches, be sure to clear your cookies between searches.

More than once I have done a search on the same airline for the same routing and came up with a higher price. Cleared my cookies, did the same search, and the original lower fare magically appears.

I have seen this hint mentioned several times in travel columns on the Internet. While no one 'official' confirms that it actually works, it has worked for me and for friends.

So if all of a sudden you find yourself looking at a higher fare for the came routing, same airline, clear your cookies and do the search again.

I've heard that as well but not sure how. How do I clear cookies when using Firefox?

You can also go to Google Chrome and use the incognito tab. It does not save cookies or history. That is what I use when searching for the best airfare.

Firefox also allows you to surf incognito in the latest version

Also, if you are logging into the airlines website, do not check the box remember me and simply login each time you check a fare and you won't have the cookie problem as it will take you as a new looker. I never check the box and login each time to avoid the fare issues described.

Edited by rallydave