Credible Threats to Public Squares and Docks in Istanbul and Antalya

ChucktownSteve

Twice I had learned of changes several months out before my agent emailed me.. both times i emailed her and asked where she was. Once she was traveling and the other not sure.. CC is a great tool for learning about port changes.. another time i was given a week to decide on a cruise and she got AZ to give me more time. i went with AZ but a different cruise vs the new poret cruise.

Surely it would have been more professional to advise customers and agents before changing their website !

Hello CruiseCrew123,

The notifications were released prior to the website being updated. Sometimes the end user, i.e. the guest, doesn't get the word as promptly as perhaps we'd all like. We communicate first with the travel professionals. They in turn must open, read and forward to their clients...our guests. And this process is slower in the aggregate than one might imagine.

That said, I do apologize for those of you learning on this site about our 2017 itinerary changes. Next I'll post a graphic showing Before and After the changes.

Thank you for posting that Bonnie. However I'm not interested in the replacement itineraries.

I'm more interested in finding out what Azamara suggests I do with my cancelled reservation other than those two 7 days. My TA said she hadn't seen anything Thursday. I'm waiting on a call back with info.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

Thank you for posting that Bonnie. However I'm not interested in the replacement itineraries.

I'm more interested in finding out what Azamara suggests I do with my cancelled reservation other than those two 7 days. My TA said she hadn't seen anything Thursday. I'm waiting on a call back with info.

Of course you're encouraged to book a replacement voyage! It need not be at the same time slot nor the same length of cruise.

All letters went out on 27JUL so your TA should be able to help you tomorrow (Monday.) If not, write me tomorrow and I'll find the specific help desk phone number for you.

Hello CruiseCrew123,

The notifications were released prior to the website being updated. Sometimes the end user, i.e. the guest, doesn't get the word as promptly as perhaps we'd all like. We communicate first with the travel professionals. They in turn must open, read and forward to their clients...our guests. And this process is slower in the aggregate than one might imagine.

That said, I do apologize for those of you learning on this site about our 2017 itinerary changes. Next I'll post a graphic showing Before and After the changes.

Are you aware that, for those booked on the original 7/22/17 14-day voyage, the price for the 7-day replacement voyage was the same (I suppose it had something to do with our original double upgrades getting "blown out of the water"). In any case, we weren't interested in the replacement itineraries. We have moved on, but my question is would we have gotten the same double upgrade on replacement voyages? My TA said she doubted that would be the case.

If Azamara had been a little quicker to react, perhaps much of the former itineraries could have been kept and we would be doing our first Azamara cruise next summer. We'll keep an open mind about future cruises with Azamara.

Edited by hubofhockey

Hi Bonnie. Where is Quest on August 5, 2017? I like the new Quest itinerary on July 29, 2017 & I'd like to do a back to back. I'm not seeing the August 5 itinerary listed online. Thanks for your help!

Edited by JVNYC

Hi Bonnie. Where is Quest on August 5, 2017? I like the new Quest itinerary on July 29, 2017 & I'd like to do a back to back. I'm not seeing the August 5 itinerary listed online. Thanks for your help!

I believe Host Andy had posted on another thread that cruise was chartered.

I found this online: Organized by Luxury Lifestyle Vacations, and also sold by various other agencies, this eight-day, clothing-optional, full-ship swinger cruise embarks Rome (Civitavecchia) on August 5, 2017. The ship is the Azamara Quest, cruising to Barcelona with port calls in Livorno (for Florence), Monte Carlo (overnight), St. Tropez, Sete (France) and Ibiza (overnight).

Have Fun! ;)

Edited by ChucktownSteve

I believe Host Andy had posted on another thread that cruise was chartered.

I found this online: Organized by Luxury Lifestyle Vacations, and also sold by various other agencies, this eight-day, clothing-optional, full-ship swinger cruise embarks Rome (Civitavecchia) on August 5, 2017. The ship is the Azamara Quest, cruising to Barcelona with port calls in Livorno (for Florence), Monte Carlo (overnight), St. Tropez, Sete (France) and Ibiza (overnight).

Have Fun! ;)

Oh....ah....no! Thanks for letting me know. Guess I'll stick with Oceania.

Starting to get a bit fed up know - contacted TA and they still haven't heard from Azamara - emailed the uk customer service and still no response

Maybe you'll get that info a couple of days before the offer expires and after cabin prices increase. :p

Edited by ChucktownSteve

Two days ago the President of Turkey is slamming the United States in the press. We are still scheduled to visit there in a few short weeks on our Azamara cruise. I think this will be our last cruise on this line and we will be sticking to Windstar and Celebrity.

Two days ago the President of Turkey is slamming the United States in the press. We are still scheduled to visit there in a few short weeks on our Azamara cruise. I think this will be our last cruise on this line and we will be sticking to Windstar and Celebrity.

It's difficult to follow all the most recent policy changes with regard to Turkey, but on the Celebrity forum posters are reporting that Royal Caribbean ships were in Kusadisi last week and that Celebrity ships would also be there in the near future.

On that forum, the discussion often revolves around whether cruisers will choose to stay on board.

Since HAL was also there last week, it seems there is no concensus on the area as of yet.

Finally heard from ta- can book alternative cruise and receive $500 obc. The replacement cruise Is twice the cost of the original - I think I no what my response will be - it ends with off !!!!!!!

That's an insult. My TA actually told me that Azamara would respond like that and I shouldn't waste my time waiting for them to make me whole. She advised me to cancel even though it would impact her commission. As it turned out, another TA had a better deal on my replacement cruise. Azamara handled this poorly as far as I'm concerned. I thought I would consider Azamara in the future, but now I am to the point that I don't like the way this company carries on its business.

Finally heard from ta- can book alternative cruise and receive $500 obc. The replacement cruise Is twice the cost of the original - I think I no what my response will be - it ends with off !!!!!!!

At the risk of upsetting Azamara this is probably the same as US customers have been offered, assuming you are using a UK travel agent they should be advising you that your rights under UK legislation are different from this.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hub - which cruise did you choose in the end ? I'm looking at oceana

Riocca - yes used a uk travel agent - what different rights do you think we have ?

Firstly it's important to say that I am not a contract lawyer, although before retiring I worked for 10 years as a Commercial Director so dealt with contracts on a regular basis so I can only advise you to look in the right place.

You do need to look at Azamara's UK contract terms, in point 5.5 it covers cancellation by Azamara, and if you read 5.5b you will clearly see what should be offered.

To find the contract terms go to the UK website find "legal" at the foot of the page and there is a link to the t&c's in there but you have to look for it.

Good luck, but I would say that you should contact Richard Twynam (RTwynam@azamaraclubcruises.com) about this issue as well.

Hub - which cruise did you choose in the end ? I'm looking at oceana

Riocca - yes used a uk travel agent - what different rights do you think we have ?

We are going on Celebrity Constellation July 13 to July 22. It has two overnights and we still plan to try to get to Cinque Terre after the cruise for a couple of nights. We had planned a day trip from Livorno. Got a great price from that website where you name your itinerary and several TAs make bids. For $5,800, got aqua class on deck 11, $400 OBC, and classic beverage package. It's not as good as our original Azamara deal where we had $8,000 + $500 OBC for a VX on the 14-day cruise, but it's much better than any replacement deal that Azamara would offer us. Azamara wanted to put us in a much worse position. :mad:

DAY/NIGHT PORT/CITY ARRIVAL DEPARTURE

Thu Jul 13 Venice, Italy 4:30 PM

Fri Jul 14 Dubrovnik, Croatia 2:00 PM

Sat Jul 15 Dubrovnik, Croatia 11:00 PM

Sun Jul 16 Kotor, Montenegro 7:00 AM 6:00 PM

Mon Jul 17 At Sea

Tue Jul 18 Valletta, Malta 7:00 AM

Wed Jul 19 Valletta, Malta 10:00 PM

Thu Jul 20 Catania, Sicily, Italy 7:00 AM 4:00 PM

Fri Jul 21 Naples, Italy 7:00 AM 6:00 PM

Sat Jul 22 Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy

I can only imagine your disappointment.

Just a thought, but in your place I would contact Azamara's UK MD. Have found him extremely helpful in the past and he is very guest focused. His email is rtwynam@azamaraclubcruises.com

I hope you can achieve a satisfactory outcome

Firstly it's important to say that I am not a contract lawyer, although before retiring I worked for 10 years as a Commercial Director so dealt with contracts on a regular basis so I can only advise you to look in the right place.

You do need to look at Azamara's UK contract terms, in point 5.5 it covers cancellation by Azamara, and if you read 5.5b you will clearly see what should be offered.

To find the contract terms go to the UK website find "legal" at the foot of the page and there is a link to the t&c's in there but you have to look for it.

Good luck, but I would say that you should contact Richard Twynam (RTwynam@azamaraclubcruises.com) about this issue as well.

Apologies Riocca, I didn't see your post where you had already advised CruiseCrew123 to contact Richard Twynam

We are going on Celebrity Constellation July 13 to July 22. It has two overnights and we still plan to try to get to Cinque Terre after the cruise for a couple of nights. We had planned a day trip from Livorno. Got a great price from that website where you name your itinerary and several TAs make bids. For $5,800, got aqua class on deck 11, $400 OBC, and classic beverage package. It's not as good as our original Azamara deal where we had $8,000 + $500 OBC for a VX on the 14-day cruise, but it's much better than any replacement deal that Azamara would offer us. Azamara wanted to put us in a much worse position. :mad:

DAY/NIGHT PORT/CITY ARRIVAL DEPARTURE

Thu Jul 13 Venice, Italy 4:30 PM

Fri Jul 14 Dubrovnik, Croatia 2:00 PM

Sat Jul 15 Dubrovnik, Croatia 11:00 PM

Sun Jul 16 Kotor, Montenegro 7:00 AM 6:00 PM

Mon Jul 17 At Sea

Tue Jul 18 Valletta, Malta 7:00 AM

Wed Jul 19 Valletta, Malta 10:00 PM

Thu Jul 20 Catania, Sicily, Italy 7:00 AM 4:00 PM

Fri Jul 21 Naples, Italy 7:00 AM 6:00 PM

Sat Jul 22 Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy

This is a good cruise-more time than I need in either city but one does have a chane fro a nice dinner out. would of loved more time in Naples.

This is a good cruise-more time than I need in either city but one does have a chane fro a nice dinner out. would of loved more time in Naples.

I agree with you on Dubrovnik. Only need a day there, but looking forward to the two days in Malta. The Naples thing is not too great and Azamara had the advantage of going right into Sorrento for an overnight and another port day in Amalfi. While we feel a bit stung by Azamara, we're definitely picking up the pieces and moving on and we'll have a great vacation.