Cruise removed from listings

GaryWT

So a week or so ago I booked a cruise, 15 days to Hawaii. Looked like plenty of rooms were available at the time. Today the cruise is no longer listed on the Princess website and if I go to other websites, it is either not listed or shows an error or that nothing is available.

What does this mean, a glitch in the system, cruise is full or cruise is being cancelled? What do you think.

Just got an email cancelling our Dec 4 cruise. I am bummed. It stated deployment changes as the cause.

Sorry to hear your cruise got canceled. Hopefully you'll find a suitable replacement that is to your liking.....:):):)

Bob

Pam posted this from her TA on the Nov. 19, 2017 roll call. I haven't been notified by Princess yet, and the original cruise date still shows on my personalizer. I'm in a wait and see mode for now.

053d746636cf10b5d6bbf3e55352f79d.jpg

You can see the date is now showing as Nov. 14th instead of the 19th.

Edited by julie3fan

I just got off the Star Princess. She is scheduled for dry dock, and she needs it. If nothing else, the beds needs replaced. Many passengers were complaining about their worn mattresses.

Try the San Francisco itinerary. Same basic cruise. I would also recommend Holland America's itinerary which includes a stop at Kona.

$15 on board offered if we book something else.

Currently looking at Carnival but not sure. The cruise I had booked was a $2 deposit, paid tips and on board credits and now I will not get that.

$15 on board offered if we book something else.

Currently looking at Carnival but not sure. The cruise I had booked was a $2 deposit, paid tips and on board credits and now I will not get that.

In that case I would definitely contact upper management. They made an offer which you accepted in good faith. If they later cancelled the offer you "might" be able to get those same perks on another cruise.

I just got off the Star Princess. She is scheduled for dry dock, and she needs it. If nothing else, the beds needs replaced. Many passengers were complaining about their worn mattresses.

A dry dock is not needed to replace the mattresses.

They can be replaced at any time.

I've asked my TA to confirm but I'm hoping we can still get the "3 for Free" promotion that we had on the 11/19/17 cruise. It says bookings can be transferred so I'm hopeful this is the case.

Fairly certain we have the same TA. When our 2018 cruise on the Sapphire was cancelled due to redeployment, she had asked Princess on our behalf if they would extend the Sip and Sail offer to any replacement cruise we booked. They told her that they would do that. We eventually ended up booking under 3 for free as we decided it was better for us. It's only fair that they extend the original offer to the replacement cruise so I hope they will agree to do that for you as well.

We received a call from our TA today saying our Nov. 4, 2017 Hawaii cruise from LA had been cancelled by Princess. They were offering a replacement cruise with the same itinerary for an Oct. 25, 2017 departure, which will be on their website tomorrow. However, Princess told her it would have to be booked under the current promotion, which means we will lose money since we had booked under the 3 for three promotion and will lose our free gratuities. In any event, we can't book the new date until it's released tomorrow, and we will be double checking about retaining our original booking package. Any advice on how to accomplish that?

Edited by Cruisen Elf

Just got off the phone with Princess. The ship will be in dry dock thus the cancellations. The booking agents are waiting to hear from upper management to see if any re-bookings can keep the existing deals that they were booked at. We are hoping as we want to keep our upgraded cabin and low deposit with the change.

So a week or so ago I booked a cruise, 15 days to Hawaii. Looked like plenty of rooms were available at the time. Today the cruise is no longer listed on the Princess website and if I go to other websites, it is either not listed or shows an error or that nothing is available.

What does this mean, a glitch in the system, cruise is full or cruise is being cancelled? What do you think.

The November 4, 2017 15 day to Hawaii (Star Princess) has been cancelled due to voyage redeployment. I received notice in my email. others should be receiving some sort of communication from Princess regarding other options.

The November 4, 2017 15 day to Hawaii (Star Princess) has been cancelled due to voyage redeployment. I received notice in my email. others should be receiving some sort of communication from Princess regarding other options.

I got that and when I called they said it would be in dry dock.

Getting frustrated with Princess. Talked to them yesterday about the cancelled cruise. Today they wanted to re-book me for more money and not honor my deal. Finally came back and said deals would only be honored for the new Nov 14 cruise that was just added. Weird that they have cancelled cruises before that date and after that date but add this one.

I said I was unavailable to sale that date and at first they said too bad. Then they offered me to talk to someone else but came back and said they are still working to honoe deals on other cruises but to call back next week.

When they are cancelling a number of cruises, shouldn't this all be worked out a head of time. It would have been nice to get the email that gave 4-6 options to just move existing reservations to a new date.

Not a good experience for our first Princess cruise. Will have to work this out in a week or so I guess.

Getting frustrated with Princess. Talked to them yesterday about the cancelled cruise. Today they wanted to re-book me for more money and not honor my deal. Finally came back and said deals would only be honored for the new Nov 14 cruise that was just added. Weird that they have cancelled cruises before that date and after that date but add this one.

I said I was unavailable to sale that date and at first they said too bad. Then they offered me to talk to someone else but came back and said they are still working to honoe deals on other cruises but to call back next week.

When they are cancelling a number of cruises, shouldn't this all be worked out a head of time. It would have been nice to get the email that gave 4-6 options to just move existing reservations to a new date.

Not a good experience for our first Princess cruise. Will have to work this out in a week or so I guess.

Dealing with Princess can be very frustrating indeed! You can get different answers on the same day depending with whom you talk. And you can never talk with the necessary department directly, you always have to channel conversations through the phone rep.

Anyway, here's what worked for us ~~ We were originally booked on the Nov. 4, 2017 cruise under the 3 for free promo and were offered an "opportunity" to re-book using the current pricing and promotions for the same itinerary beginning Oct. 25th. This meant we would lose our free gratuities, group OBC, and pay about $1,000 more for the exact same cabin. But they would give us $15.00 per person OBC for our trouble! Our TA explained that this was unacceptable to us and asked for a supervisor. After no success with the supervisor, she then asked for Customer Relations. We eventually were able to resolve it with our retaining the original booking price, OBC, and free gratuities. We did lose the group OBC and had to pay an extra $15.00 per person in port fees.

So my advice is to be persistent and polite as you move up the chain of command until you get a person who can resolve it satisfactorily for you. From our "chat" with Princess this morning, it sounds like the reps have received conflicting information on an hourly basis. It is indeed a poor reflection on Princess that they don't have an uniform policy in place to deal with this sort of distressing situation.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

I checked the Dec 19, 2017 cruise they said would be available today. Found same room available. Well they give you $300 OBC per person, but the cruise total went up by $610 and insurance increased in cost by $68. Even with the $15 OBC we are still not even and we lost the sip and sail. I will give Princess a call today and see if I am successful in retaining my original booking amount. Otherwise, will check HAL or Carnival.

Still not happy!!