different last names: beds will be separated

luckyinpa

even though I have another PCC who i've been in touch with over the past week, i new one called me today for general comment about my upcoming cruise. he said do you have any questions. i said yes, are the beds separated before i arrive or must i request it

he stated if there are different last names on the itinerary, beds will be automatically separated

first time i've heard of/read about that on the forum so i wanted to impart the wisdom

he stated if there are different last names on the itinerary, beds will be automatically separated

first time i've heard of/read about that on the forum so i wanted to impart the wisdom

False.

DW and I have different names. Very different names.

After a dozen or so cruises between NCL and Princess in a variety of cabin categories, that has never been the case.

There's no guarantee in either case. Same last names and similar ages could mean married or brother and sister. It could also mean parent and child. Even gender (two males or two females) isn't a factor.

Just get on the ship and if the set-up is wrong, have the steward fix it.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

We've never boarded and encountered separated beds, even though our last names are different.

If it's their practice, it's not consistently carried out.

Edit: yeah, what Trip said.

Same thing here, again.

Different last names.

Always found one nice big bed.

(The only possible issue would be if there are any "large - king/queen/double - beds that do NOT separate. Then there could be a problem.

Otherwise, if a change is desired, it's a quick change once requested, but don't wait until the stewards are off for the night please.)

False.

After a dozen or so cruises between NCL and Princess in a variety of cabin categories, that has never been the case.

I'll ditto this. We are in the same situation.

When you book it allows you to request beds to be pushed together. I'd imagine that this is the only data they use to determine if it's done before time. The surnames thing is nonsense as others have said. My fiancé and I have different names (hence fiancé- not yet married!) And we had a pushed together bed waiting for us.

False.

Double ditto. It doesn't matter what cruise line we have been on (we have been on many) and if we requested the two beds ahead of time, 98% of the time the beds are together when we board.

It depends on the guests in the cabin ahead of you. If they had the beds in the together configuration, that is the way the cabin steward leaves the beds (same for the two beds scenario). It seems that most passengers use the one bed set up.

Can they separate the beds in suites too? I will be traveling with my sister and am wondering if we will have to fight over who gets the bed and who gets the sofa.

Get out your boxing gloves and prepare to fight.

The suite beds are not separable... they are one piece.

even though I have another PCC who i've been in touch with over the past week, i new one called me today for general comment about my upcoming cruise. he said do you have any questions. i said yes, are the beds separated before i arrive or must i request it

Not really an issue it takes the cabin steward all of a very few minutes to change over form one set up to the other.

On the Breakaway in the Haven Spa Suites it's a king that cannot be separated. My TA told me they could be separated and because I wanted it so....I believed her. Imagine my surprise when we got to room and found the bed couldn't be separated......it was with my mom and king bed was roomy for us so all was good.

I think Homosassa was on the right track and unless they are told otherwise, the steward just leaves the beds however they were for the previous occupants of the room. If they don't have specific instructions for the incoming guests, I really don't think they spend a lot of time looking at people's names/sex/ages/etc. trying to guess what their preference is going to be. Maybe if there's an adult and a child, they'll go ahead and separate the beds, but otherwise, why risk doing extra work for nothing on turnaround day?

Edited by hawkeyetlse